• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any advice on roofracks?

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)
Hey-<br><br>Anybody seen the topfive jeepracks? When i first saw these they mounted on the rear wheelwells- and require no holes- but allowed a convertible owner to remove their hardtop and still have a roof rack- though i doubt you could remove an EB top from under what I originally say..( still- pretty brilliant) you could go top up- top down or hardtop and have racks-<br>well-- now they've changed these topfive racks, theyre hinged at the back- and tilt back to access the top.. and also seem to cover part of the windsheild frame ( which I don't wanna do... because I just ordered one of those windsheild to hold hold down brackets...so I dont want to block that form happening-<br><br>I like the look of some safari racks- but the land-rover racks end up looking to much- just too much weight- too much metal- I dunno-<br>I want something that had a platform, but nothing too heavy - I guess tubing will cut down on wind resistance .. I've seen those "wind cheetah" racks- aerodynamic designing huh? Anyone have those? And also- if I don't want to CUT - where would they mount?<br><br>Maybe some of you with pictures can post some pics or links!! Educate me! Please :)<br><br>A in Va<br>73Exp

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
proto fab

rrack01.jpg

inside rack

brack01.jpg

brack02.jpg

Weelow

Loc.
Chicago
I recently noticed an ad in an offrad magazine where turbocity had a safari type rack for a bronco but it attached to the rain gutter so its probably not what your looking for.