• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Any Advice on this one. New to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierr

Loc.
Gordon,GA
That is beautiful & definitely a fresh restoration.However.. I'm not so sure about that T-18 trans...sure it's great for off-roading(really low first gear) but it may be a pain if you do much street driving. I suggest you drive it for a while to see how you like the gear spacing. IMO...for the amount you have budgeted($24K) you could get a "nicer" EB with EFI,modern overdrive trans,and AC. Not necessities by any means, but they make it MUCH more reliable & enjoyable to drive your EB(especially on longer trips + Summer time) & would make it easier for your wife/girlfriend to drive it,if desired. And..as always, I would never buy one of these without seeing it in person and driving it myself as it's just too easy for people to hide stuff with fresh paint & bedliner! Just my .02 & good luck in your search:cool:.Pierr.

i.u.o.e local15

Loc.
Long Island
Looks like he spent alot of time and money into th truck.But the first comment was excatly right.Dont get me wrong , it looks like its worth $20,000 or up .Just take your time.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
The thing about it to me, is it half a classic restore to original and then the tranny and some other stuff get's swapped out and the back get's cut. Personally I would either go for a classic restore or an all out custom. Actually I would go for the latter myself, but from what I have seen you get the big bucks for either 100% Original equipment, or some good performance equipment, not something in between. Like the first post said, the 18 would be good for some heavy offroading, but then you look at the truck and it is not really set up for that. As well right now their are some deals out there. I would wait and watch if it where me.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you could get it for under 20k, I would consider buying it. Otherwise, it is simply missing some things that would put it into a higher price range. Any sales price above 20k should expect to see disc brakes and some more upgrades. Also, that transmission is going to be a bite in the ass for street driving....and let's face it, nobody is going to put that on a trail.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Having had T-18s and 435s in other of my Ford trucks and full-size Broncs for many years, I'm quite OK with their street manners. But that said..an NV3550 or a ZF would sure have seemed a better choice to me for the truck in that ad.

mikeginn

here is a 77 for sale by a member here up in jax. Modern technology in a early bronco.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/2335233594.html

I have seen this in person, it is top notch all the way. If you are looking something already built, you should at least look at this one.

Owned by a man named Arther. He has had many broncos throughout the years and is a super nice guy as well. He has come over and assisted me with building my bronco, and I can attest he knows his stuff.

tbronckr

Nice looking Bronco and finally one that is not bathed in Rhino liner covering up who knows what. The engine compartment is clean and painted the same color as the rig. Like it has been said already, for the price you should get discs and why not full carpet? This is worth 20K plus for the right person. I would prefer another tranny but it is personal taste and use. Just drive it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.