• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone having this FiTech Issue?

ChrisC74

I've been back and forth with a lady named Faith there since July 22. It sounded like she was going to sell me one directly now it sounds like she is trying to get Summit to make it right. I've been patient knowing the demand has been insane, but I'm starting to lose faith. Pun intended ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you check with Wild Horses? It seems like they have had some of the FiTech stuff on the shelf when no one else has.

I would also call LMC - they show it in stock.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
How bout a pump? everything waiting on me at home except a pump, anyone using a other than Fitech inline pump?

bteutsch

I've never talked to her, only a lady named Karen. They took good care of me.. They weren't so much in demand when I purchased mine but were still hard to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bteutsch

Hey Nyles, I'm pretty sure you can use any frame mounted pump that's EFI rated. That's what FITECH told me about the pump in my command center.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Hey Nyles, I'm pretty sure you can use any frame mounted pump that's EFI rated. That's what FITECH told me about the pump in my command center.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-250111

Id buy this one looks just like it but painted black and has more flow Idont know the pressure of the Fitech pump but its has to be above 80. I sent Bryce a email about this one...see what he says.

NYLES

Bronco Guru

Whats your HP gauge say on your command center while its running? That Summit pump has the same flow as the fitech inline pump but still neither show the pressure.

ChrisC74

Whats your HP gauge say on your command center while its running? That Summit pump has the same flow as the fitech inline pump but still neither show the pressure.

They want to see a min 58 psi to the system.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just made a run in mine.

I saw IAC Steps anywhere from 0 at a low idle, up to 130 at various times during my drive. I have a high idle situation in the driveway where it sits at 62 for a split second then fluctuates either way corresponding with the idle rpm. IAC Learn is at 16 step.

It doesn't start that well either.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 41
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Summit pump max 90 psi, and flows same as in tank pump,. Bryce said it would be OK anything above regulator pressure bypasses and returns to the tank,. I have a Fitech pump ordered Ill wait for until it's the absolute last thing I need to crank it. Then I know what I can have overnighted. It'll be running by next weekend I have a lot a lil stuff to have it finished along with removing the mustang stuff so not in a rush.

ChrisC74

That's what I need to know but I did talk to Bryce, he gave me a Walbro pump #I can't find GSS390. Cantt find one.

You going in tank or in line? GSS are in tank, GSL are in line or rail mounted. I don't see a 390 available at all from Walbro. You can order direct off of their website if Fitech will give you a good part#.

ChrisC74

I just made a run in mine.

I saw IAC Steps anywhere from 0 at a low idle, up to 130 at various times during my drive. I have a high idle situation in the driveway where it sits at 62 for a split second then fluctuates either way corresponding with the idle rpm. IAC Learn is at 16 step.

It doesn't start that well either.

I am learning all of this but have spent a lot of time the past week reading, adjusting, driving and trying to tune my bronco. I have been out of commission for a couple of months but getting back into it.

You might have already answered these but can you tell me the following?

Are you waiting until the temp is at least 170 before making any adjustments?

If not that is important.

Since you are running the FCC you need to change the PWM Low Flow to 40. Go to Main Menu, #6 - Go-EFI Pro Tuning, Go to #12 Fuel Pump Control, then #7 PWM Low Flow - enter 40. Press OK - this will upload the setting. The default is for running the in tank or in line pump.

Next - if your truck is warmed up at idle - what is the idle set at? Is it there or is it high? Getting this and the IAC, then driving the truck will help.

Let me know where you are on idle and IAC with the truck warm and we can work on it.

Also - have you looked everywhere for vacuum leaks? This will throw it off. If you did not weld in the O2 bung that can be a big leak point.

Sorry if some of these questions are dumb or basic but it is important to look at everything.

Once the idle and steps are good at idle we can adjust hot starts, and other problems you are having.

Don't give up.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
You going in tank or in line? GSS are in tank, GSL are in line or rail mounted. I don't see a 390 available at all from Walbro. You can order direct off of their website if Fitech will give you a good part#.

Ah ha I need to be looking at gsl then I may have scribble then # down wrong he would see like he was tired hell I was on hold 14 mins before I got to talk to him at all.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I haven't been making any adjustments. Just driving... at about 10% learned now.

The input was set at 40# HP and I think I verified that again the other day. The IAC steps seem ok, but since you have been inquiring I finally watched those on this last run and the temp was 170°F plus.

I don't think I have any vacuum leaks but will go check again. I did a good job welding the O2 bung in so it should be fine.

Cold starting takes about 6 times before it gets enough steady fuel to run. I have had hot starts that will only burn off the initial squirt and then nothing. I don't know if the fuel was getting way too hot and not pressuring the injectors though.

ChrisC74

I haven't been making any adjustments. Just driving... at about 10% learned now.

The input was set at 40# HP and I think I verified that again the other day. The IAC steps seem ok, but since you have been inquiring I finally watched those on this last run and the temp was 170°F plus.

I don't think I have any vacuum leaks but will go check again. I did a good job welding the O2 bung in so it should be fine.

Cold starting takes about 6 times before it gets enough steady fuel to run. I have had hot starts that will only burn off the initial squirt and then nothing. I don't know if the fuel was getting way too hot and not pressuring the injectors though.

If you welded the O2 bung I am sure it is fine.
What engine are you running?
Which cam did you pick?
Are you using timing control?
What is your idle rpm?
Also, on the hot start - are you letting the pump prime and then turning to start or just turning to start? Apparently on a hot start you just turn the key right to start position.

Also - maybe go back and check that the initial input info that you put in still shows correctly? Sometimes it changes on it's own and sometimes the presets from FITECH are not correct.

OP
OP
jimschulz

jimschulz

Loc.
Eastern Washington
Chris, Maybe you can give some input on the hot start problems. I have had several issues that FiTech had me re-flash to fix. Recently my FiTech started to not want to start when hot. I can drive it all over hell and gone with no issues (except the backfire on decel that Fitech says cant be fixed) until I turn it off. Then I have to crank for 2-3 minutes to get it to start again. IAC at idle is always 7 to 9 and it starts first crank when cold or has sat for 10-20 min. Im ready to yank this POS off and go back to a carb. Any thoughts?

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chris, Maybe you can give some input on the hot start problems. I have had several issues that FiTech had me re-flash to fix. Recently my FiTech started to not want to start when hot. I can drive it all over hell and gone with no issues (except the backfire on decel that Fitech says cant be fixed) until I turn it off. Then I have to crank for 2-3 minutes to get it to start again. IAC at idle is always 7 to 9 and it starts first crank when cold or has sat for 10-20 min. Im ready to yank this POS off and go back to a carb. Any thoughts?

Mine is about the same.