• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone having this FiTech Issue?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
The FITECH unit has a two wire plug for the distributor no need for MSD box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it all makes since now that I know itll run a MSD dizzy W/O the MSD box.....You get free beer at OCBR!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FYI the MSD boxes such as the 6AL and similar, are all "CDI" boxes like Bryce was talking about.
That just means that products like the 6-series units are Capacitive Discharge Ignition modules.

And yes, the FiTech ECM can use the signal from the distributor alone to get the timing for the spark event. If you were running the distributor in question just as an ignition system without an external computer doing the dirty work, you would need the external module to do it.
One just takes the place of the other.

The reason it was also mentioned that "you can use an MSD box if you want to" is because some might already have them wired in to the setup and not want to remove it, or might not want to lose the other features that the MSD 6 offers. Such as multiple-sparks and rev-controllers.

You know... Stuff like that!;D

Paul

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Here is mine running with the 8579 plugged directly into the FiTech and it is handling timing control. No MSD box. Setup is simple as described before, set your base, sync it, then set your curve limit at 4000RPM. The setup is clean and it runs fantastic.

https://vimeo.com/177643895

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Here is mine running with the 8579 plugged directly into the FiTech and it is handling timing control. No MSD box. Setup is simple as described before, set your base, sync it, then set your curve limit at 4000RPM. The setup is clean and it runs fantastic.

https://vimeo.com/177643895

That's what I want,..,....I kept looking for the 2 wire dizzy that didn't need a box. Then the first guy I talked to at Fitechh really turned up the confusion. It's all good now! So much for my zero balanced credit card I'm gonna blow it up tomorrow!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
There is a tech at FiTech I won't deal with, not really sure why he has his position as he is not familiar with the system at all, tried to tell me the FiTech really didn't do timing without the MSD box, I asked him if he even read the manual, he does more to confuse people than help... I deal with Bryce only now.

bteutsch

I agree Bryce or Ken know the system!!!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I think I know that guys name! And you are correct I will not call anyone but Bryce from now on. I like the way you're running , sounds like mine when I ran the Demon can't wait to get started on Fitechh and ditch this mustang stuff! That video nothing but inspiration!

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Hey
Englewoodcowboy
Are you running the their fuel command ? And is that the Gosteet 400 ?
Sorry if it's been listed already big thread to follow
We need a " Successful Fitech installs "

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
No command center and it is the 600. You do not get timing control with the 400 system.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Thanks, for the info , your build is coming along great ! Just to clarify ... So the 400 one would need a Timimg control like a MSD 6 box ... And the 600 you would not need a box ?

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any pointers on getting the handheld to "Log"?

I was out last night and thought I was recording my outing but the card doesn't show any new files.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Well it's ordered all shipin today except the pump which supposed to ship Tues,. I'm plumbed for it so 10 min hook up. ��

bteutsch

Thanks, for the info , your build is coming along great ! Just to clarify ... So the 400 one would need a Timimg control like a MSD 6 box ... And the 600 you would not need a box ?

Correct, not necessarily a MSD box, if you are currently running a carb and any ignition system, you can keep whatever ignition system you have and just replace the carb with the 400.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is the FiTech, Go Street 400 available and in stock anywhere?

This may be better suited for my next project (Stock Motor) compared to the FiTech 600 I currently have.

EB70

Contributor
I emailed Summit about a week ago regarding the 400. At that time the website said they would be shipped on 8-5. I asked if that was likely to happen and the salesperson did not sound really optimistic. He said could be 50/50 but likely less than that chance that they would ship on time.

FWIW

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Anyone running the edelbrock fuel sump kit with the FiTech?

I ordered the FiTech 600 and fuel command center may 3. The efi came in, then a few weeks ago got a postcard from summit saying my backorder for the fuel command center has been canceled. When I called, summit said I could reorder it, but I have lost my place in line (by their error) and I would be at the back of the line expected late September! It pains me because I love their website but I'll never use summit again after that experience.... I was just wondering if there is anything I should consider before going with edelbrock's? I am running dual tanks that is why I have avoided the in line or in tank option.

bteutsch

Yes there is someone here running the edelbrock remote sump. He originally bought the e-street system and remote sump. After having some problems he bought the FITECH system and was able to reuse the edelbrock fuel sump system with the FITECH. I'll look up his name on here if I can find it. But if you are just wondering. It will work without any special modifications.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes there is someone here running the edelbrock remote sump. He originally bought the e-street system and remote sump. After having some problems he bought the FITECH system and was able to reuse the edelbrock fuel sump system with the FITECH. I'll look up his name on here if I can find it. But if you are just wondering. It will work without any special modifications.

Awesome. Thanks!

bteutsch

I maybe would call FITECH directly and see how far out they are if you order the command center straight from them.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
I've been back and forth with a lady named Faith there since July 22. It sounded like she was going to sell me one directly now it sounds like she is trying to get Summit to make it right. I've been patient knowing the demand has been insane, but I'm starting to lose faith. Pun intended ...