• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone having this FiTech Issue?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We do at Wild Horses.
As far as I know, only the 600's (both black and natural) at the moment.

I actually brought one home with me tonight to play around with and check out the instructions and all the boxed goodies. Been meaning to for two weeks now at work, but Mondays get a little hectic running around, so figured I'd just "borrow" it for the week. We should have plenty on the shelf still (I hope!) for me to get away with it.

If you want any further info before pulling the trigger, Justin (at WH) is running one on his rig right now. Just got back from wheeling the Rubicon two or three weeks ago too, so has some decent working opinions on the subject.

Paul

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
For dizzy don't use a Pertronix. I put an Igniter 1 in a dead Unilite and got no spark. Emailed FITech and they said Pertronix is not compatible. Put an MSD in and it fired right up.

bteutsch

For dizzy don't use a Pertronix. I put an Igniter 1 in a dead Unilite and got no spark. Emailed FITech and they said Pertronix is not compatible. Put an MSD in and it fired right up.

Pertronix works just fine with FITECH as a stand alone distributor, what they are telling you is its not compatible with the FITECH timing control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Pertronix works just fine with FITECH as a stand alone distributor, what they are telling you is its not compatible with the FITECH timing control.

How much timing control does Fitech 600 offer? Im about as close to pulling out my credit card and intend on Pertronix dizzy......Ive called em twice and they have successfully confused hell outa me!!!

bteutsch

I hear you, I got conflicting statements on the distributor question. Basically any two wire distributor can be used with the FITECH timing control. It's basically a built in MSD box. FITECH can also control an actual MSD box. You can use any distributor you want with whatever ignition system you prefer as a standalone. If you want FITECH timing control you need to use a distributor that they recommend. I was told that a Duraspark distributor would work with timing control so I bought that setup and changed from pertronix ignitor iii. I've since read on here that they don't recommend Duraspark for timing control. I have the email still where they told me I could use it. I'm just running the Duraspark right now without the FITECH timing control setup. You have to lock out the distributor and you have to get a distributor that can use a phase-able rotor. Right now I'm happy to just have the factory electronic ignition.

How much timing control does the GoEFI 600 offer? It apparently is a pretty nice setup once dialed in correctly. As far as adjustability I'm not sure. But several parameters can be changed to customize the results for different engines etc.

NYLES

Bronco Guru

since I haven't spent the money yet which MSD did you use? and are you using the timing control or a msd box?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I hear you, I got conflicting statements on the distributor question. Basically any two wire distributor can be used with the FITECH timing control. It's basically a built in MSD box. FITECH can also control an actual MSD box. You can use any distributor you want with whatever ignition system you prefer as a standalone. If you want FITECH timing control you need to use a distributor that they recommend. I was told that a Duraspark distributor would work with timing control so I bought that setup and changed from pertronix ignitor iii. I've since read on here that they don't recommend Duraspark for timing control. I have the email still where they told me I could use it. I'm just running the Duraspark right now without the FITECH timing control setup. You have to lock out the distributor and you have to get a distributor that can use a phase-able rotor. Right now I'm happy to just have the factory electronic ignition.

How much timing control does the GoEFI 600 offer? It apparently is a pretty nice setup once dialed in correctly. As far as adjustability I'm not sure. But several parameters can be changed to customize the results for different engines etc.

They keep asking me why I want timing control? and haven't said use this dizzy and Itll all work, So you all know Im ditching the Ford mustang stuff and trying my best to buy the right stuff to use all the options first go round......including timing control

bteutsch

I understand completely, I was never steered away from using the timing control, they were more than happy to point me to some billet distributors guaranteed to work with their system. I personally just wanted everything to look stock, even if it's not. I've talked to Bryce and Ken at FITECH and they were very helpful, Ken and Bryce both gave me a few choices.

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I have a 351W, so if you have 302 bear in mind you will need a different one.

I bought MSD-8578 I also bought the adjustable rotor MSD-84211. The adjustable rotor I think will work on any of MSD's distributors.

bteutsch

From Bryce, Not exactly a list but this is what he sent in an email

Brian,

The simplest, cheapest, and possibly the most reliable is a HEI large cap distributor. Companies like Speedmaster and Top Street Performance have very economically priced units. MSD HEIs are also an option as well as any of their other distributors. As I’m sure you know though, MSD parts aren’t the cheapest.

Bryce Cegielski
FiTech Fuel Injection
12370 Doherty St. Suite A
Riverside, CA 92503

Phone – 951-340-2624
bryce@FiTechEFI.com

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I have a 351W, so if you have 302 bear in mind you will need a different one.

I bought MSD-8578 I also bought the adjustable rotor MSD-84211. The adjustable rotor I think will work on any of MSD's distributors.

Cool are you running a box or is Fitech controlling your timing? and what the adj rotor for?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
From Bryce, Not exactly a list but this is what he sent in an email

Brian,

The simplest, cheapest, and possibly the most reliable is a HEI large cap distributor. Companies like Speedmaster and Top Street Performance have very economically priced units. MSD HEIs are also an option as well as any of their other distributors. As I’m sure you know though, MSD parts aren’t the cheapest.

Bryce Cegielski
FiTech Fuel Injection
12370 Doherty St. Suite A
Riverside, CA 92503

Phone – 951-340-2624
bryce@FiTechEFI.com

I sent him a email, thanks!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Im gonna wait fer the answer, see if it helps!

Does the timing control work like TFI, continuously adj timing, because I keep reading that You still have to do timing with a light.

"Ignition timing can be controlled and adjusted on the fly from your touch screen controller.

 Will work with CDI box but not required to control timing.

 Use of ignition timing control is optional and not required.

Ignition timing control does not learn, and requires synchronizing distributor to engine with a timing light."

bteutsch

Sometimes they email back fast, sometimes not at all. They pretty much always answer the phone.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I think Im just gonna use the Flamethrower 2 and coil, Wieand stealth intake and Big cap HEI have clearance issues, the cap hold down will hit the runner, a pita that I don't miss.

I don't want to buy a MSD box and don't need a $400 dizzy so Im going middle of the road. Pertronix flamethrower II would be considered a ready to run type dizzy correct? Granted they call it plug n play and use Figure 9 wiring diagram? "ready to run w/o timing control"