• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone heard of EM2 Inc (Clackamas, OR)

crab

Bronco Guru
Never heard of them. By the looks of all that rattle can over spray and cover up, I'd be a little concerned. I'm just over the mountain from these guys. I think I'll go check them out on Tuesday and see what's going on over there.......

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
thats funny, a guy i know was talking about them today when i ran into him at the store, he is looking for a bronco and asked if i knew anythign about them

elkhunter

Loc.
Glenoma, WA
I've been to their shop a couple of years ago. They seemed like good people. The broncos I though were a little over priced, but not to extreme. They did have some very nice cars.

OP
OP
C

CoachZ

Loc.
Central Coast, CA
Thanks Elkhunter! I was specifically looking at the '77 Orange EFI one on their site, but I liked the black one too. Sounds like you got a good vibe from meeting them...

For a non-mechanical type like myself, I'm thinking it might make sense to buy from a trustworthy shop.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I know Marty and Molly, good people. I sold my blue half cab to them and they in turn resold it. I think Mac2night bought one from him and was very happy with it. He typically picks them up, later models with autos and makes sure they have discs and power steering on them, cleans them up has them painted at a nice shop, new seals, new tires, small lift, etc and resells them. As with anything its best to take a look at what you are buying personally but I think he is pretty honest with what he sells. Just ask questions. It was always a blast to go to his shop and hang out checking out his collection of Broncos, mustangs and other stuff.

OP
OP
C

CoachZ

Loc.
Central Coast, CA
Thanks Tito! That was super helpful especially from someone with two sweet Broncos (last I checked the stretch and the pretty in pink for your wife). I especially love the stretch, since we are hoping to adopt two girls and an EB will not allow me to transport all my kids...I have two sons already.

I was hoping that's what the shop does...purchase pretty solid ones, make sure they are even more solid, paint 'em and sell 'em. I like the tailgate carriers for fuel tank, cooler, and spare!

I may have to really consider that Orange EFI one! Even if not it's nice to know there is an honest shop for guys like me that are not able to do the magic you guys do to your rigs.

Jagd4rd

I bought a 68 U14 from EM2 Inc back in Feb 2011. The price was high the product very poor. Shoddy workmanship with lots of unpleasant surprises, I am still working on it to make it roadworthy. Front brakes calipers were binding making them non functional, engine is bugered with low compression on 2 and 5 cylinders, rats nest rewiring job with bare wires all over the place. I know I will never deal with EM2 Inc again and I do not recommend buying anything from them, you are sure to be disapointed,

bpugh88

I went to look at one that was for sale on ebay about a month ago in Chicago. It was the 1971 that is on their sold inventory page named "Orange Crush". It was not at all like I thought it would be. I called Marty personally to talk to him about it, he said that it was a solid Bronco with an OK paint job. He also told me that it had a professionally installed "aluminum floor" in it that was awesome. When I got there the first thing I did was pull up the carpet and saw aluminum diamond-plate glued over top of rusted out floor pans. There was diamond plate also hiding the rust between the wheel well and the fire wall. I don't know if EM2 did all the work on the Bronco or they found a Bronco that was easy to throw some paint on and get out with a lot of profit, but it did not seem like it was worth anything like the guy from Chicago bought it for. However, that could have been something that was out of character for them.

Jagd4rd

3 dressed up as a nine

EM2 Inc would use paint and diamond plate to hide rust and other problems, just turn the quick profit. I am finding the same problems on the 68 U14 they called "Dress Blue" I bought from them. As I install the new wiring harness and dig deeper, I am finding covered up rust front to back. along with compromised suspension components and other problems. Marty called this U14 a 9 out of 10 and the best U14 to come out of his shop. In reality it is a 3 dressed up as a 9 and this should be a warning for any other folks planning to deal with EM2 Inc.

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Here's your sign:

"IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A WARRANTY OR A PERFECT BRONCO:..........YOU ARE THIRTY PLUS YEARS TOO LATE. THE DEALERS WERE SOLD OUT OF THESE EB'S IN 1978. FOR NOW, WE ARE DOING THE BEST WE CAN WITH WHAT THE GOOD LORD GIVES US! ALL WE CAN DO IS TRY. MOST FOLKS LOVE OUR WORK, SOME DON'T. NUFF SAID"

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well I have been to the local scrap yard more than several times too. So don't use that as a scale.

If you are going to drop some serious coin I think you should look at something a couple times in person. You always see more on the second time around. Even high dollar Broncos can have issues.

Last edited:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I have seen one of their "best ones". Bad work from anything closer than 10 feet. Bondo body, rattle can underneath paiinting over everything. The guy who bought it from them tried to sell for a long time and spent tons just trying the sell it because of motor and electrical issues. I would avoid.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I meet them at this years expo swap meet they seemed okay but the car they had there was a sixty footer way to much bondo and looked like a rattle can rebuild but thats the only example I have seen from them so Id say use your best judgment

Scott Hammons

em2bad

Is the general consensus to avoid buying anything from EM2BAD in Oregon?? I am seriously looking at a 70' EB they just finished up. I have not seen it in person just pics and description which of course all looks good. Any input would be appreciated.
Scott