• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas To New York Road Trip

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
The new equipment really rounds out the look of your Bronco very nicely. It looks fantastic.

What lift and tire size setup is that your running? I really like the stance.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Wake up Herman, let's get on the road........miles to go and people to meet

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I think the rig looks awesome, black wheels would kill it. That's just my preference.

David

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I'm located right outside of Reading Pa. We'll be cruizing right past. If you need any help, or a cold beer and home cooked meal, reach out.
Sounds like a great trip.

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
I didn't get to ride with Herman, but we talked on the phone and he seemed like an awesome dude and a great addition to the Brotherhood.

Sorry we didn't get to hang out last night man. I was headed back to Knox from my parents house and the Bronco died on I-40. :cry: Got it towed back home and now I get to figure out what's goin on with it. Such is the life of an EB lover.

Safe travels and be sure and stop by again on your Miami trip!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He's probably just tired of typing in his sleep. Drunk. With ringing in his ears and bugs in his teeth. Wondering if his wife will mind waiting for hours at the airport while he sightsees the countryside. With the top off. And probably visions of sugarplums dancing 'round in his head too...

He apparently does take good pics under stress though, so we should see some stereo footage sometime soon I would think.

Paul

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like we have to wait a few hours for his next update. Day time driver, night time social bee, midnight CB poster...

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Looks like we have to wait a few hours for his next update. Day time driver, night time social bee, midnight CB poster...

Funny, I was going to caution against to much social activities seeing how he's in an unfamiliar vehicle in unfamiliar territory but I thought I would be a party pooper. %)

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I MADE IT!!!! Im sitting at home sippin coffee from my own cup in my own chair. Gumbi took me home all the way!!!!!!!!! I am in a daze though. Not feeling quite right. I guess I over did it today. This morning I woke up on the Virginia side of the border to Tennessee and now Im in Jersey. I took the blue ridge parkway. Thank you soooooo much for that suggestion. It was awesome. Everything was so nice until I reached Pennsylvania. The weather started to suck big time. I really wanted to play a bit in the Delaware river gap and stay the night there. But with the rain I got the lead foot and zipped on home. On a good pice of highway Gumbi actually manages 90 but 75-80 was the average.

Man driving in Jersey sucks!! The highways are clogged. Multiple accidents all over the place. Stop and go traffic and the most confusing highways ever. Especially around the cesspool they call Newark. If you ever drive up north, avoid Newark like the plague!!!!! Reminds me when Conan O'brien had that feud with the mayor of Newark. Conan was right! Newark sucks. And if anybody on this board lives there, they can move in to my place ;D

Right now I am dying for a shower and Im gonna hit the sack. But of course I will post some pics first. Ill go through the thread tomorrow and answer questions.

THANK YOU FOR THE OFFERS OF ASSISTANCE ACCOMMODATIONS FOOD BEER ETC. YOU GUYS ARE SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!!!!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

Gumbi with Cows

DSC_0131.JPG

Not quite a Bronco but close ;D

DSC_0133.JPG

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Glad to hear you made it. Rest up and get some more pics of the upgrades!

And again, glad to have you aboard CB.com!

David

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Glad to hear you made it home safely. Thanks for the great read this weekend and for letting us go along on your adventure. You did a great job with the pics and with picking your bronco. The parts you added look awsome. Have a restful night back at home.

Henry

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
That picture of the cornfield and mountains looks like you were sitting at my garage door. I'll have to take one and post for you tomorrow. Glad to hear you're home and safe.

Ratch

Contributor
Oh one more thing!! I cant parallel park this beast into these tiny spaces dammit!!!:mad: I suck.......

Yeah you can, just find a car next to an empty space and drive over it to get there.;D

Glad you made it home with no major issues, I had a little road trip this weekend myself, and GAWD I wish my bronco was done. Tell your lovely wife we missed her, and don't forget to look us up if you ever make it down this way again.
Carl.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Home sweet home, huh? Glad you and Gumbi made the trip safe and sound brother and I know all those bugs out there will feel safer tonight!

Get yourself some sleep and then start on that article for Bronco Driver Magazine before you forget all the details of the trip!

Like Carl said, you'd better look us up next time you're down here and when you make that NY-FL trip, the route WILL go through Nashville where you'll always have a place to stay and a meal waiting for you! :cool:

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Glad you made it safe and sound. What an adventure... That is a very sweet Bronco you got!