• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas To New York Road Trip

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Photo coditions were less than ideal today. Between the AC and the heat/humidity I was just waiting on the condensation to dissapear off the lens. Lighting was not that great at night. I promise to get better pic tomorrow in the sun.

Late night still at work:
DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

Ill be picking up a spare tire, gas tank and a cooler tomorrow to complete the look in the back. The extra storage is a huge bonus!!

DSC_0086.JPG

Rock sliders 1/4 inch steel

DSC_0087.JPG

Here is the front bumper. Now I need a winch ;D

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

And the hood struts. I think this is one of those must haves!!

DSC_0081.JPG

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Well at least the Left Coast guys will be the first to see the pics Tonight. One advantage of being out here!:eek: Man You must be TY URD!! Hell I'm tired just following this thread!

Im definitely beat! But in a super good mood. Also I hear that if I dont put up pics, Ill get beat and banned ;D

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
For those have not been at Duffs

DSC_0022.JPG

I really really like their trucks. It goes from mean angry machine to "I want that" to Extreme and then there was that other thing that just made me say Wholly Shit WTF - This is way to awesome!!

This first one is just an awesome truck. Looks beaten up but it is one angry Bronco. I had a chance to take it for a spin around the block and I wish I hadn't.

My list of wants grew exponentially. It handles so nicely and cornered beautifully and its all adjustable. I though my ride was stable on the street. This thing is solid. Its Duffs 4 link suspension

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

This rig has some nice "character". Always have a sharpie handy to document the dents.

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

Broncboozled

Loc.
Nor Cal
Im definitely beat! But in a super good mood. Also I hear that if I dont put up pics, Ill get beat and banned ;D

I just got my first EB Two weks ago, yours is now my screen saver "that says a lot". Yours also makes me want to cut mine. Did I just say that?!?!:eek:

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
This next one has all the components I wish for now.This is Suzy rig. Some have called it the barbie truck. I like to call it Militant Barbie is gonna kick your ass!! Dont be fooled by the flowers. This thing is tough!

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

Can you say "I WANT THAT!!"

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

On board air:

DSC_0052.JPG

And even a matching mailbox ;D

DSC_0047.JPG

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I just got my first EB Two weks ago, yours is now my screen saver "that says a lot". Yours also makes me want to cut mine. Did I just say that?!?!:eek:

I know the feeling man! Its 4AM here and Im still grinning! Its your rig man. If you like the cut look then bust out the saw asap :cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So far I've seen several calendar-worthy pics posted up, so you're off the hook on the beating for now. Hah! Great fun. Looking forward to more.

...Did I just say that?!?!:eek:

Yep, I heard you... Talking in your sleep maybe? Can't be held accountable in that case.

Paul

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Now we get to the more extreme. Completely street legal of course %) This one is loud and very angry. This is Suzy Rock crawler. That is one cool woman!!

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Yes, that is the exhaust

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
And finally there was this. Its one of the reasons why I am still grinning right now. This is Marks rig. He works over at Duffs. Let me tell you one thing. This man can drive. We went screaming through the streets in that. What a glorious machine......

DSC_0033.JPG

Look - Uncut fenders :eek:

DSC_0034.JPG

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go to sleep already. It's hard waiting here for the next batch of pics. ;D
And wipe that silly grin off your face first. It reflects the light off the neon sign outside the hotel window and scares the local bat population.
No wait, upload some more pics first!

What time is your breakfast appointment at Duff's? Any plans for meeting up with some of the local Broncos tomorrow?

Paul

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
AWESOME stuff! You have energized this board with a great adventure. The pics and the people you have and will meet are priceless. Can't wait to meet you when you drive even further north to BYOB in central Mass. with it next year! Keep us posted on the great looking rig you call "yours".

oh, and bet your glad you went to get it instead of shipping aren't you??? :cool:

Last edited:

Pony2

Loc.
Lenoir City Tn.
THIS IS AWESOME!!! Love the pics ,the comradery,the trip youre taking is awesome,the people are awesome,did i say awesome?! This is one of the best sites to be part of! Keep up the pics get youre rest take as much time that you can and enjoy ALL the views,when not moving;).Cant wait to see the write up from youre point of viewwhen youre done.Been to Duffs YES they are great over there! Alot to take in and can be overwhelming if youre new to this stuff,I was my first time there!Really neat to see the work in progress in the fabrication part of the building and the finished product.And then the products in use! Should i say it????? AWESOME!;D;D

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
This is easily my favorite thread I've seen on here.

I live about 10 miles away from Duff's and still haven't drove my EB over there. Mostly because I'm worried about how much money I might spend! I've only had mine about 2 months, but I should probably have been living at Duff's at this point.

I'll be coming by soon Suzy! Be looking for my red and white '68!

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I think you may be the envy of everyone on the forum. It shows what a great guy you are to take the time to share your adventure with us. I keep looking several times a day to check on your progress. Your bronco is looking awsome. It keeps getting me back out to the garage to get mine done! I hope you get some rest and are able to continue on your journey. Thanks again for sharing.

Henry

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Wow! Nice upgrades! Do I hear EFI in your future (cough cough)...

Take a look at the earlier 66-68 turn signals in the front grill - they are less obtrusive than the ones you have on your rig now and its a very easy swap - might look good with white or orange. Here's a tech article if you're interested in a cheap ascetically pleasing mod.

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/the-alice-turn-signal-lens-modification

Oh yeah and if you EVER decide to sell that beauty I'll be first in line with a kidney.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Awesome, I too wait impatiently for updates on the adventure and am saving a special vote for the BD Calendar for this rig and the newest Bronco owner/driver on CB