• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I guess modern reliability and availability of parts/upgrades is worth paying an extra $25-75K

That one is begging for some Duffy bumper mounts

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Do people really feel they get that much more for the money with a late model drivetrain?

For people who don't know how to fix vehicles? Yes.
The mechanics who can do real, solid work on non-EFI engines are retiring and leaving the shops.
If you don't plan to personally maintain it - the EFI swap and OBDII codes and etc are going to be necessary for you to have it reliably serviced.

Actually one of the things that was most shocking/every custom builder should be doing was Icon (from a video they did) showed that they deliver a full wiring diagram and layout schematic on a USB drive for all of their vehicles. When thinking about the THREE separate kill switches I have found (so far) on my Ginger 77 - how effective and useful that would be is inconceivable at times when tracing problems/wires. Also the fact that they must have gotten a deal on 500' of black 12ga since EVERY WIRE EVENTUALLY SPLICED WITH IT.

BruiserOutdoors

I cant believe the price on this one.... check out pic 226. really?

Germd

Looks like the decision to do a frame off on mine was the right one. At least it’ll be worth close to what I have in it.

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Just looked over the pics. Bat Craziness in full swing. Or market is still heading way North. 60K. All I can say is wow!

71 CA Bronco

This one surprised me. No mention of the significant structural corrosion shown in pic 123-124 and elsewhere in pictures under the front fenders and frame. Zooming in is a shocker. Who knows what else is covered up in that shinning new paint job. The rust issues are obviously/intentionally covered up and not mentioned in the add. I love seeing the high prices as it helps us all who currently own one but don't agree with miss leading people. The poor bastard that picks this one up will probably take it to his mechanic and then have a heart attack in the parking lot as he gets the skinny. I'm sorry I usually try not to bash but do like to sleep with a clear conscience. Seller and BAT should be ashamed of themselves and have pointed out such obvious and costly to repair issues. A nice new paint job is crap if you need to start cutting into all that sheet metal.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-ford-bronco-90/

Attachments

• Floor Brace.jpeg
    Floor Brace.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Justin Palmer

Contributor
This one surprised me. No mention of the significant structural corrosion shown in pic 123-124 and elsewhere in pictures under the front fenders and frame. Zooming in is a shocker. Who knows what else is covered up in that shinning new paint job. The rust issues are obviously/intentionally covered up and not mentioned in the add. I love seeing the high prices as it helps us all who currently own one but don't agree with miss leading people. The poor bastard that picks this one up will probably take it to his mechanic and then have a heart attack in the parking lot as he gets the skinny. I'm sorry I usually try not to bash but do like to sleep with a clear conscience. Seller and BAT should be ashamed of themselves and have pointed out such obvious and costly to repair issues. A nice new paint job is crap if you need to start cutting into all that sheet metal.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-ford-bronco-90/
I started to write in the comments section on several occasions and deleted each time as I also did not want to come off as the guy who was bashing. I really thought there was enough pictures, to show anyone with half a brain, that they should stay away from this one. Several people dodged a bullet. One did not.

Justin Palmer

Contributor
I started to write in the comments section on several occasions and deleted each time as I also did not want to come off as the guy who was bashing. I really thought there was enough pictures, to show anyone with half a brain, that they should stay away from this one. Several people dodged a bullet. One did not.
My comment was meant for the green one that sold for 60k today.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My comment was meant for the green one that sold for 60k today.
That was a typical auction issue where two bidders just had to have it and neither one could spot the obvious issues. Such a shame as they are really going to learn a tough lesson with it. I saw it in person and it is worse than it looks. Several people have passed this along after they realized what they had.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OK now it has reached a real state of craziness! Yes it is a real Manx but c'mon man, 68K for a buggy! Ok not a Bronco but still defined as crazy.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! Big money again on BAT.

Attachments

• wow.PNG
    wow.PNG
    511.3 KB · Views: 62

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, I guess I should add ranger stripes and purposely add bumper gaps.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Looked at that build in person at Barrett Jackson and its nice but lots of little flaws and oversights. I had to walk away from it before they saw me pointing

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looked at that build in person at Barrett Jackson and its nice but lots of little flaws and oversights. I had to walk away from it before they saw me pointing
Yeah, it seems its been sold and re-sold many times since it was first built. And yes it had a lot of things to pick at the first few times I saw it too!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This was a decent one but at 87500?

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need to find the buyers that spend this kind of money on this! This is a nice truck that I would have guessed at 70k at the highest. At 108, it was a great deal for the seller in my opinion.