• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB Racer ready

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Can someone in the know post the link to keep track of the racers?

I have some of the video that I downloaded from last years race. If I can find it, I will upload and post a link. Nothing real exciting, but gives you an idea what these guys have to drive thru...makes me want to give a shot one day...

Chuck - I can't believe that fuel line. It must have been getting fuel thru osmosis. You're right, amazing it ran at all.

J.D.

PS Coach - you gunna post a pic of your rig??

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
chuck said:
If it works it will become another BAJA proven BCB product. If it doen't work out I will have a better one next year.

Is it similar to Lars P's new design where it mounts between the passenger side inner knuckle and radius arm?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
gddyap said:
Is it similar to Lars P's new design where it mounts between the passenger side inner knuckle and radius arm?

Which, BTW, we are officially calling the "Gary Yorston trac bar mount" since he's the one we borrowed the idea from.....

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
chuck said:
Maybe a little more HP. We went to EFI to fix the miss/power loss because we couldn't figure out what was causing the problem. When I pulled the fuel pick up tube there was a big knot in it. I am surprised it got any fuel at all. The picture below is looking into the tank at the pickup hose.

Chuck: Is that regular fuel line inside the cell that we're looking at? Is the line itself broken down, now allowing fuel to flow through it? Or just the knot? The reason I'm asking is because some friends of mine racing a Class 1 buggy had a similar problem last year with their car. They traced it down to a rubber fuel line submerged in fuel that was breaking down, apparently, due to contact with the fuel.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
It is a fuel line and it was softer than I expected but still no holes just flat around the corners. Mustang in tank pumps come with a little piece of hose that is in intended to be in gas. Is that a diff. kind of hose?
Also all fuel hose is made to be in contect with fuel for years. At least the inside is, maybe the outside of the hose is not?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
chuck said:
Also all fuel hose is made to be in contect with fuel for years. At least the inside is, maybe the outside of the hose is not?

yeah, that's the million dollar question I don't know the answer to. Obviously the inside is, but the outside? Well.....I don't know.

Todd Z.

relm4x4

Loc.
Terrace, B.C, Canada
There was a dicussion about this on dieselstop.com a year or two ago about types of fuel hose and the outside of some hose not being able to take being submerged in diesel, I don't remember the outcome of the discussion.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
toddz69 said:
On race day, there will be a link on www.race-dezert.com to the Weatherman so everyone can listen.

Todd Z.

OHR is going High Tech this year, Todd. They are going to have tracking devices on our racers. This will let folks actually see icons of the racers (349 and 302) as we make the trek down to LaPaz. We'll post the link before we leave for Ensenada. I told my wife that if she checks the site during the race and she doesn't see the "blip" of my racer, then she might be a very wealthy woman! She didn't find the humor in that! ;D

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
coachbarnes said:
OHR is going High Tech this year, Todd. They are going to have tracking devices on our racers. This will let folks actually see icons of the racers (349 and 302) as we make the trek down to LaPaz. We'll post the link before we leave for Ensenada. I told my wife that if she checks the site during the race and she doesn't see the "blip" of my racer, then she might be a very wealthy woman! She didn't find the humor in that! ;D
Girls have no sense of humor.

How do we find the "weatherman" link?
Nevermind....My dumbass just looked up and saw the link%) :-[

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
coachbarnes said:

Are you using Iritrack or something similar? We have one of those things in our Ranger race truck for the BITD races. At the race last weekend we couldn't figure out which mile we were broken down at (the guys were out of the truck and not listening to the radio) so one of our pit guys called his wife at home and had her look on line......worked like a charm. Ain't technology amazing...

Todd Z.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
toddz69 said:
Are you using Iritrack or something similar? We have one of those things in our Ranger race truck for the BITD races. At the race last weekend we couldn't figure out which mile we were broken down at (the guys were out of the truck and not listening to the radio) so one of our pit guys called his wife at home and had her look on line......worked like a charm. Ain't technology amazing...

Todd Z.
Yep -- Iritrack -- That's exactly the way Dan was talking about using it..if they don't hear from a racer, or can't find them, he can phone home (or somewhere in the states) and have them locate via the Internet. Pretty cool. Why aren't you our SanFelipe guy?? ;D

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
It is about time, you have been working on that thing for almost 4 years now.
chuck said:
If it works it will become another BAJA proven BCB product. If it doen't work out I will have a better one next year.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
toddz69 said:
yeah, that's the million dollar question I don't know the answer to. Obviously the inside is, but the outside? Well.....I don't know.

Todd Z.

Unscientific observation: I was messing with my fuel system last week. Left a piece of fuel line immersed in gas for an hour or so. This was a piece of hose that had been serving as the feed line from the rear tank to selector valve going on four years now. After an hour the jacket was soft and smeared a little with finger pressure. The inside was fine. Hose was fuel-rated (marked as such) product from Napa. No way I'd want that in my fuel tank. Apparently there is fuel line that is immersion-rated, but I'd research and verify before installing. Or use metal.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
lars, i've seen the light blue line used in press on fittings used inside fuel cells.
you might want to look into some of that should you don't want to hard line something.