• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best c4 tranny oil pan?

Ripcity

Loc.
Coos Bay, OR
My C4 pan gasket is leaking so I'm going to change it so while I'm there I thought I would upgrade and put a nice solid aluminum oversized on. Two questions 1 where to get one and which one do you all like and 2 any tricks on installation to keep them from leaking?

BRONCOBERT

BSj8DgBGkKGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBKD2sviUw_1_zpsfaf3dab6.jpg
I had to have the FORD Racing pan and it looks killer!
SAM_7320_zps41363efc.jpg

SAM_7293_zpsa519253c.jpg

BRONCOBERT

To seal it I used the supplied gasket with The Right Stuff gasket maker applied to both sides and no leaks.

OP
OP
Ripcity

Ripcity

Loc.
Coos Bay, OR
Bert that is breath taking looking undercarriage wow!

Nice freaking work.

Where did you get that oil pan?

BRONCOBERT

Bert that is breath taking looking undercarriage wow!

Nice freaking work.

Where did you get that oil pan?

Thanks, It is a Ford Racing part, part number is on the box in the first picture. Should be available through a hot rod shop or ford parts. I did hear rumors that it is no longer being produced, but my hot-rod shop had them in stock. You will have to have it drilled and taped for a dipstick, I used a modified Lokar dipstick with a 90 degree elbow.

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
Just curious broncobert how did you modify your lokar tube I am running into the same probably I can't find a dipstick tube to not hit my exhaust.

BRONCOBERT

It was quite easy actually, if you look in the 2nd and 3rd picture on the right you can see the 90 degree elbow AN fitting, I had a Lokar turbo 350 dipstick which I unscrewed the end fitting and the AN 90 screwed directly in its place and just shortened the dipstick to match the original.