• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best place to buy 9 inch center already set up?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Name some vendors that you have sell that sell 9 inch centers already set up.

Ive looked locally for a used one and cant find any.

Want either open or a manual locker. Ox, ARB or E-locker.
no posi's.

Ive had mine patched up a time or two and it lasts 10-12K miles and is now ready for a replacement.

The spring mounts are banana shaped as well from the 4.11 gears and 35 in tires and me liking to bang the NV3550 thru the flowmasters.
. can I just weld a 3/8 plate on top to make it flat again?

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
I went True HiNine, no complaints.

for as much effort as patching the bent spring pads, you can buy new HD spring pads from most of the vendors, or make your own out of heavy wall tubing.

OP
OP
R

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Summit or Youpull works pretty stinking good most of the time.

There are early broncos at U-pull its?

Summit is a possibility.

I found a place locally that will rebuild it for $150 + parts.

Now if i could just find an ARB for nearly free......

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
If you are still running 28 spline, look for car chunks. If your 31 look for pickup and van rears.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Or spend the money and buy the ARB and pay the $150 for the setup. Or briing it to me and I'll set it up. It may take me months the way I have been getting things done lately, but I would set it up for ya.

OP
OP
R

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Or spend the money and buy the ARB and pay the $150 for the setup. Or briing it to me and I'll set it up. It may take me months the way I have been getting things done lately, but I would set it up for ya.

I still have the stock shafts, I was thinking The car chunks wont have the 4.11 ratio, but since mine is whining when its coasting, that means the gears are toast anyway, right?

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Yep they are toast. Seriously, if you are going to drop 900 bones on a pre-setup chunk, do the ARB it will make you very happy.

OP
OP
R

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Yep they are toast. Seriously, if you are going to drop 900 bones on a pre-setup chunk, do the ARB it will make you very happy.

The ARB is $~750, labor is $200, new 31 spline axles $300

some serious coin.

Still wishing I can find a used dropout for under $200

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
How long do you have to wait? This winter I will be swapping my crawler axles into my Sport...... Doubt you are planning on waiting that long. You could run a 28 spline ARB, save the 300. I'll keep an eye out for one for ya in the mean time.

OP
OP
R

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
How long do you have to wait? This winter I will be swapping my crawler axles into my Sport...... Doubt you are planning on waiting that long. You could run a 28 spline ARB, save the 300. I'll keep an eye out for one for ya in the mean time.

You can get an ARB in a 28 spline?

Ive found a couple of 28 spline drop outs with 3.25 or 3.50 ratio, but no 4.11

I guess that only came in the EB, not in the pickups.