• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best place to buy rebuilt carbs?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Check ebay too. I bought what I thought was a rebuilt Holley one time only to find I was buying it from Holley themselves. Carbs get returned, they fix them, then sell them out the back door on ebay. The point is there are alot of carb rebuilders on ebay. Infact I think National Carb mentioned by our eb brother above, may be on there as well.

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Check ebay too. I bought what I thought was a rebuilt Holley one time only to find I was buying it from Holley themselves. Carbs get returned, they fix them, then sell them out the back door on ebay. The point is there are alot of carb rebuilders on ebay. Infact I think National Carb mentioned by our eb brother above, may be on there as well.

Your right, national does have an Ebay store. I bought from them and the work was excellent. I recently bought a Holley from Holley's Ebay store. For a rebuilt carb, it sure looked brand new to me.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
x2 on your local parts store. but you may be able to get one a little cheaper off ebay. Also they are not that hard to rebuild so if you have a carb right now you may consider just getting a rebuild kit and a couple cans of carb cleaner should be able to get it running like new again for less than $40

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
I had a good experience with Carburetor Exchange in Peoria, AZ. I had a Quadrajet on an Olds a couple years ago with messed up fuel inlet threads. Bought a rebuilt replacement from them and they accepted my messed up one for the core. Bolted on the rebuilt, fired right up. Needed mixture screw adjustment only. I'd buy from them again.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I just sent mine to Gottafish. It's on the way back now. Very quick turnaround.

Would you mind posting up pics and your experience when you get it back? I just went through a very unpleasant experience with one of the ex pony carbs guys. Needless to say I am looking for a new guy. I have seen gottafish on ebay and have been to his site. Looks to do good work. Did he replate everything or just a rebuild/tune up?

Adarcy

I just sent mine to Gottafish. It's on the way back now. Very quick turnaround.

I used gottafish for an autolite 4100 I bought off eBay. Very good experience. Carb ran great and he was fast on technical support questions.

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks guys I ordered one from topspeed on eBay. I'll post up the good, bad, and ugly after I get it.

Broncnaz- you are right they aren't bad to rebuild I've done a few but my machine shop guy said it isn't fixable with a rebuild kit. I didn't believe him so I rebuilt it a few months ago, and low and behold still idles rough. I forgot what part he said is bad but he said you can't buy the part seperately.

a74ranger

Loc.
Athens, GA
Here are a few before/after from my Gottafish rebuild. They turned my carb around in a couple of days. I need to clean my fuel system so it will be a week or two before I install and test.

They sent me the after pictures before mailing it back.

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 34
  • D5TF-PA 1-24-13 Rebuilt for Bayne (2).jpg
    D5TF-PA 1-24-13 Rebuilt for Bayne (2).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 37
  • D5TF-PA 1-24-13 Rebuilt for Bayne (3).jpg
    D5TF-PA 1-24-13 Rebuilt for Bayne (3).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 35
  • D5TF-PA 1-24-13 Rebuilt for Bayne (4).jpg
    D5TF-PA 1-24-13 Rebuilt for Bayne (4).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 36

Dbteak

Would you mind posting up pics and your experience when you get it back? I just went through a very unpleasant experience with one of the ex pony carbs guys. Needless to say I am looking for a new guy. I have seen gottafish on ebay and have been to his site. Looks to do good work. Did he replate everything or just a rebuild/tune up?

My buddy bought a carb from the ex pony guy and he also had trouble with it. Sent it back twice. It sitting on the shelf.

Doug

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
My buddy bought a carb from the ex pony guy and he also had trouble with it. Sent it back twice. It sitting on the shelf.

Doug

Yeah I am none so happy. Sent him a cherry 4100 and got back an absolute piece of garbage. Many many condescending emails later he offered to have me send it back to correct the problems. No thanks.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Here are a few before/after from my Gottafish rebuild. They turned my carb around in a couple of days. I need to clean my fuel system so it will be a week or two before I install and test.

They sent me the after pictures before mailing it back.

Very nice. Did he replate anything?

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Doug

Doug, what ex pony guy? Down in New Mexico or in New York? I had several carbs done when Jon at Pony was still alive with great results. After Jon, I had one single barrel done through a person in New York that was an ex-employee from years ago. The carb looks good, now to run it may be a different story as I still have it boxed on the shelf for a future project. Let me know, tim