• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body swap to EB chassis

1953farmer

Anyone out there consider putting a different body on a EB chassis? I have a nearly complete chassis but I am having a tough time with the $20k for a new steel body. Thanks

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Pintos were common. Few Mustangs have been done. Latest one I have seen was a Patrol.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
someone did an LTD to bronco back in the 80's, got no pic though.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We had a Camaro running around here for a while. 67 or 68 I think.

joshua

Contributor
If you hold out and are willing to travel, decent bodies pop up for 5 to 10k I’ve noticed recently.

I think we are well past the peak of the crazy value that these things were climbing to.

I’ve had my bronco since I think 99 and frankly happy to see things go down in price on these. I just love ebs.

I’m not in it For any sort of resale. And the price of original parts and frankly ebs had almost priced me out picking anything up.

So in short if you stay on market place and have cash in hand you should be able to get something.

SeaVee

Contributor
In high school had a friend put a Subaru Brat on one. With 44’s. Wish I had a pic

eBronc2

Contributor
Anyone out there consider putting a different body on a EB chassis? I have a nearly complete chassis but I am having a tough time with the $20k for a new steel body. Thanks
You can find nearly complete new steel tubs for quite a bit less than that. Or, ask/search around for someone who bought a new steel body, and buy their old, original body from them.

I understand $15-16K for new steel body is a lot of money...I bought one, from RustBeltBroncos in Ohio. After spending years fighting rust in my old original body, replacing lots of parts and panels (and finding more rust the more I looked), it was the right call. I ended up selling the old tub and parts to someone who needed a body for a trail-only rig.

IMG_2558.JPG
IMG_2595.JPG

OP
OP
1953farmer

1953farmer

Thanks for the responses and ideas. I was hoping someone had tackled an old ford truck cab swap.

I just threw the $20k out there to include body and paint. I don't have any body parts from this chassis to sell.

I'm not sure about fiberglass but I may look into it.

Joshua, I hope you're right about the craziness. Between my dad and me, we've had 4 ('66, '69, '73 and '75) and I'm not in it for resale either.

Those new bodies sure look nice!

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Mid to late 90s I saw a Bronco II in a magazine that was on a EB frame and running gear. Seems like it had 35's or 38s on it. It looked good. I think it had a 2 inch body lift, can't remember what size the suspension lift was.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Before the days of cell phones (‘86 or ‘87) I was at deer camp and saw a Chevy Vega on an EB frame. It was ridiculously tall. Lol. Best of my memory of how it looked next to my ‘72 with 3 1/2” lift and 36” Co-op mud tires, it had about 6” of lift on 45” tires.
The driver literally had to park next to something to get in or out of the rig.
Not a bad looking rig, but just impractical.

Randy

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You beat me to the picture of the pints haaa

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I WENT glass with my build....living in the salty Northeast and no garage to keep it in when done was the main reason, and was 1/4 the money
bocci12.jpg

Attachments

• bocci13.jpg
    bocci13.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 7