• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 neutral safety switch and reverse lights

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
Gents, more questions in reference to my I6 to V8 conversion. Since my truck had a 3 speed, how do I wire up the neutral safety switch for its new C4? And do you guys have any suggestions for the reverse light switch? I am going with a floor shifter, maybe Art Carr. Thanks.

Bill

Deano

Bronco Guru
There is a switch that goes on the trans that works the backup lights and neutral safety switch on a C4 and you can pick it up at your local parts store. But I don't know if it will work with the after market shifter

Pops

Loc.
Warsaw, In
Your aftermarket shifter will more than likly come with a reverse/backup light switch. I removed my neutral switch and put in a push button starter. Comes in very handy on the trail.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The NSS interupts the red-blue wire going to the starter solenoid. There is no connection when the trans is is any gear other than park or neutral. Wire it in-line.

Reverse light switch (incorporated with NSS in stock switch) can be spliced in to replace your existing reverse switch. It only has continuity when the trans is in reverse.

The NSS bolts to the trans shift lever but may not the useable with an aftermarket shifter. Most aftermarket shifters have provisions for shifter mounted switches.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The switch should have two red-blue wires. That is the NSS switch. The other two wires are for the backup lights. I've seen different colors on those.