• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carter fuel pump help please....

rayc

Loc.
Western Oregon
I can see some of you rolling your eyes right now, but I am the first to admit that I am not the most mechanically gifted person so bear with me. I have a mechanical (Carter) fuel pump that just started spitting out fuel from one of the small holes on the top. Does this mean it's toast or is there some sort of set screw in that hole that can be adjusted?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Broncobowsher

Total hack
yeah ,diaphram probably has a hole in it,,,get a new one...

Yep. Pump is dead. No adjustment to fix that. If it was coming out the side you could try tightening the screws holding the pump together (providing it was that version of the pump that has screws). But out the top is a bad diaphram. Rebuild kits for the pump may exist, I would probably just put a standard pump on it if it were mine.

OP
OP
rayc

rayc

Loc.
Western Oregon
thanks for the help. Any idea what part number I would be looking for, or would I just ask for a carter pump for a 302?