• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chevy engine in a Ford??????????

beatupbronco

Loc.
Yakima, WA
Does this irritate you? I guess I'm too die hard into Fords to ever put a chevy motor in a Ford... anyone else have this problem?

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
this is so stupid just like those guys that build 32 ford rat rods with chevy 305's in them wtf be a real man 429 oh by the way 350 yeah great engine cause there are soooooo many parts for it BECAUSE IT BREAKS!

Dan76

Im not much of a "purist" but putting a chevy engine in a ford is just stupid to me. Why put yourself through so much more extra work when your ford parts will work so much easier! An example would be the people who put 350s in their EBs, why not drop in a 351 and save yourself all the hassle of installation.

Potshot

Does this irritate you? I guess I'm too die hard into Fords to ever put a chevy motor in a Ford... anyone else have this problem?

Come on man, you can see what people are about by looking at the threads.
I'd hate to see folks start trolling on this site.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
if i wanted a chevy engine i would just get me a blazer. but i have messed with ford all my life (falcons, comets, trucks, mustangs). Just like the ford stuff. If someone wants to go to all the trouble fine but i will just walk on by it to see a bbf or a stroker ford. like the 700r4 good trans but i have to have two adapters to get it to work, no thanks, i have several choices in the ford tranny that will bolt to my block. sorry but i guess you see i dont like chevy in a ford.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I'm not sure of the point of this thread. But the SB cheby seems to fit pretty good in the Land Abusier, there are a few swap kits that have been available for at least 35 years. Or how about the CJ 2 or 3 (flat fender). I don't think I have ever seen a swap kit for the bronco, because that just wouldn't be right. IMHO.

OP
OP
beatupbronco

beatupbronco

Loc.
Yakima, WA
My point is that i think it is sad that my new mag has a nice looking bronco in it with a 5.3 vortec chev motor and i don't know why someone would do all that work? There are so many motors that i could think of putting in a bronco before i put that one in.

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
The people that put the voltec in a bronco have got more money than good sense. I am not a purist either but I only have Fords.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
You know why someone would do this? Inbreading.......no other reason then that!! You know why Chevy parts are so cheap? Just like in everything else, the cheaper the price the crappier the product! I would not be surprised if you could buy a Chevy motor at Wal-Mart, they sure do sale a lot of CRAP out of there!!
But of coarse this is just my opinon......................................and it's right, you know it is!!!!

Shawn

Potshot

When I do an engine swap in my Bronco if it isn't a Ford of some kind it'll be a 4BT. But as I sat on the big chair in the bathroom this morning and thumbed through my Summit catalog, I sure saw a lot more Chevy aftermarket product than Ford. Without this degenerating into a useless (but fun!) Chevy bashing session, I wonder what the reason is? I guess there's just more of 'em out there. At World-of-Wheels this month there was a big display of GM crate engines, but nothing Ford. BIG disappointment.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, I must admit that putting a 4 cylinder diesel in one doesn't bother me at all!

Of course not... One thing it's made by Cummins and you can burn veggie oil, motor oil, 2 stroke and of course biodiesel. Try that in a chebby.

Eugene

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I am rare in this regard, but I like Chevys and Fords just about equally. I've driven more Chevys than I have Fords and I'm a sucker for Camaros and Chevelles.
All of this being said, I've never understood the point in "cross breeding" a vehicle by putting somebody else's motor in an otherwise perfectly good vehicle. I've seen a 350 in a Mustang and it just about made me puke. I can definitely see putting a 4bt cummins in just about any suitable host, but for most intents and purposes, a 350 in a Ford or a 302 in a Chevy is more hassle than its worth...

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
If you think the Chevy guys think it's ok.......put a Ford in a vintage Camaro, chevelle or better yet, a split window Corvette.

The only reason they put Chevy's in other stuff is b/c the parts are cheap. That's the only real reason. SB Fords are a much better choice considering the weight difference.

There have been many factory hotrods and performance cars that had SBF. Shelby picked the 260/289 (and BBs), Sunbeam Tigers (Chrysler owned) 260/289s, TVR Vixen, Panteras, etc etc...........

Thecrazyone

I never understood that. If you have a chebby, stay chebby and if you have a FORD, stay Ford. Don't interchange them.

I was leaving a store getting back in my bronco when some lady came up and started talking to me about how her husband just got a bronco like mine. blah blah. "Right now he is trying to decide if he want a ford engine or a chebby engine." I told her that he needs to get rid of the bronco because he doesn't deserve it.