• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chicagoland Meet & Greet?

broncojack

Contributor
John is this the area in Fox River Grove? I think it would be great place.
Jack

Attachments

• foxriverpicnic2.jpg
    foxriverpicnic2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 10
  • foxriverpicknic.jpg
    foxriverpicknic.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 8
  • foxriverpicnic3.jpg
    foxriverpicnic3.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 10

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Short notice, but my buddy just told me about a show at the Dominick's lot in Morton Grove at Waukegan and Dempster tonight at 6. I don't know who all could make it, but might be a perfect cool night for it. Looks like the rain is bugging out and folks can easily get to Dempster from 94 or 294.

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Short notice, but my buddy just told me about a show at the Dominick's lot in Morton Grove at Waukegan and Dempster tonight at 6. I don't know who all could make it, but might be a perfect cool night for it. Looks like the rain is bugging out and folks can easily get to Dempster from 94 or 294.

After work lets out at 5:30 in Darien and I go home and let the K-9's out I dont think we'll be able to make Morton Grove tonite.

Anything this weekend?

Duane

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Was hoping to make the Dominick's deal tonight with the owner of the roadster I'm working on right now, but just blew out a gasket on the goofy vacuum fuel pump. Looks like another weekend smelling like a gas can. :cry:

Weather might be nice for an impromptu, low key, get together somewhere up on the northside this weekend. Jack? John? Thoughts?

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
After work lets out at 5:30 in Darien and I go home and let the K-9's out I dont think we'll be able to make Morton Grove tonite.

Anything this weekend?

Duane

Do you drive the Bronco to work in Darien? If so, I'd love to meet up one of these days after work and check out your rig. I live in Lisle and work in the loop so im coming out of the city as you're going back in.

Adam

Sweathog

Loc.
Lansing
Ouch, I feel like Rip Van Winkle reading this thread. Sorry, no time at work to catch up on all things Bronco.
I looks like we have quite a few new trucks in town. I'd like to welcome you to the fine brotherhood.
What happened to MOED? That makes Lisle a 2 bronco town. Adam, I work in Lisle but try to leave immediately at 4pm. I am always willing to lend a hand if needed.

Sorry I missed the July gathering. With a little planning I can get out of the south side for a fall gathering.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
FYI - Morton Grove will be having another show Aug. 24 and Sept. 7. 6 PM start.
Hit it for a bit last night and it wasn't bad. Everything from a couple nice rods, 2 Ferraris and 2 Lambos, a super nice '67 Rolls with sickening clean restoration :eek:, lots of muscle cars, an funny old yellow Honda Civic, only truck worth mentioning was an older '79 Ranger. Good amount of Fords (Cobra with a GM motor %), new Mustang Cobra, nice old '65 fastback, a couple Fox bodies.
Big lot, nicely organized, and easy in and out. Started at 6 and most folks seemed to be bailing by about 8-8:30. Perfect cool night for a show though.
They had a Culver's ice cream truck and a hot dog guy. If we did one of the upcoming dates it might be cool to grab a pizza up at Pequod's or drinks at the Bringer Inn afterward. That Fox River Grove venue looks pretty nice too though.

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Hey there,

Anyone up for a quick meet this Saturday? Might be one of the last weekends to drive the Bronco with the top down. Weather says 74 and sunny...

67ssls1

Hey there,

Anyone up for a quick meet this Saturday? Might be one of the last weekends to drive the Bronco with the top down. Weather says 74 and sunny...

May be a little far to drive but the fall swap meet and car show is in Jefferson Wi this weekend. I'm selling parts so I'll be there. I live in Whitewater and could have people stop by after if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

We are actually going to Kettle Moraine North to camp this weekend.

Duane

cokeguy

jefferson

May be a little far to drive but the fall swap meet and car show is in Jefferson Wi this weekend. I'm selling parts so I'll be there. I live in Whitewater and could have people stop by after if anyone is interested.

also going to jefferson, i'll be the guy w/ the built ford tough tattoo riding in a 73 blazer . what can i say... my buddy offered to drive! mom was right i should pick better friends

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Damn looks like Wisconsin's the place to be this weekend. If anyones around Chicagoland let me know. Would love to see another bronco...

Adam

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Kickin! Driving and riding!

Still would like to meet some fellow EB owners to embibe and talk about our trucks!

Duane

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Ditto. No snow and salt yet and I'm not complaining! ;D

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
It's a new year and one last big snow (hopefully the last) to hit tomorrow into Wednesday.

Oh ya, hopefully in a few weeks my Bronco will arrive from Colorado.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Sorry guys, can't make this one.......Actually going to another Bronco get together on Saturday with the old crew from 66to77.com website.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Cough Cough, that site went down like what three years ago? It must have been a special members only get together.

I see where the rest of us Northern IL Bronco owners rank. ;)