• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

City of Atlanta Bronco Owners

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
All right so I couldn't make it to the M&G near my house since I was out of town %)

So thought I'd share some shots from the "Yuppie" 4x4 trail in Big Canoe...

If the trees wernt in the way, was a little more in focus, and the photographer was a little higher up, #2 would be a calendar photo.

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
I wish I would have made it myself. Thats what I get for not being on the forum for a little bit.... I'll pay more attention next time.... My 76 Ranger won't be ready for a while but would love to get together and talk EB's

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
Not sure if anyone would be interested, but this weekend coming up me and a few friends are going trail riding at Union Grove Road. It is on the Dekalb/Rockdale line off Hwy 124 near stonecrest mall. It is a pretty cool spot, plenty of trails, mud, and hills. I went there this past weekend and even though it rained a good bit the day before, I managed to keep my bronco clean. But if you are into mud, there is plenty to play in;D

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Cage Welding - North Atlanta

Guys,

I just ordered an Extreme Custom Fabrication cage kit for my '76 Sport daily driver project, and was wondering if any of you had good experience with a welding shop on the North side of town to install it. I'm thinking this kind of thing is not typical for most shops, and the fitting is pretty crucial.

Also, I'm guessing it makes sense to leave the top on to cut/tack it first, then remove the top to have it welded up? How does that typically work?

Short of installing a pre-welded Smittybuilt roll bar in my other EB in 1980, I really have no experience with cages.

Thanks for any feedback,

Jeff

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Not really close to you, but I had Mild 2 Wild in Powder Springs install mine. It was a Bronco Bob 8 point cage already trimmed and marked/tacked and broken apart for shipping when I brought it there. Very happy with their work and they did it in 2 days. My install was $300 which I felt good about. Untrimmed will be more (not sure how much).

They did exactly as you mention. Measured with top on and tacked then top off cage out and final welds. If you end up going there tel them I sent you (I don't get anything but may help keep prices reasonable if they know we refer each other around I
F they do good work.)

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Jeff, you may want to give this guy a call, he's here in Canton and has a mobile welding service. It's a side line for him, nights and weekends. I used him several times on Stretch for the heavy welding. He's pretty reasonable.
Good luck!!;D;D

Attachments

• Picture 2 002.jpg
    Picture 2 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 37

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Not really close to you, but I had Mild 2 Wild in Powder Springs install mine. It was a Bronco Bob 8 point cage already trimmed and marked/tacked and broken apart for shipping when I brought it there. Very happy with their work and they did it in 2 days. My install was $300 which I felt good about. Untrimmed will be more (not sure how much).

They did exactly as you mention. Measured with top on and tacked then top off cage out and final welds. If you end up going there tel them I sent you (I don't get anything but may help keep prices reasonable if they know we refer each other around I
F they do good work.)

Thanks. I may check them out. I'm hoping to get the cage soon, but I ordered it wednesday from Extreme Custom Fab on the website, and left two messages on their voicemail but no confirmation or response yet. Maybe its a non starter. I have seen several posts with folks that were happy with them, though, so maybe its a Spring Break vacation or soemthing.

I grew up in Douglasville, and get over that way once in a while to see family friends. Do you know Mike @ Major Service Center? I think they are across the street from the place you mentioned. A few of my family friends are into Street Rods, and I've seen him do some really good work over there too. One of the rare shops that can work on a custom and take care of it as you would expect.

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Hey Jeff, you may want to give this guy a call, he's here in Canton and has a mobile welding service. It's a side line for him, nights and weekends. I used him several times on Stretch for the heavy welding. He's pretty reasonable.
Good luck!!;D;D

Very nice, thanks for the card. That's a guy I need to know! And pretty close! I'm in South Forsyth, in the Midway area.

ProdDesigner

Red 1974 Bronco?

Hi, my name is Joseph, I'm a prop master for a production company out of Nashville and we're shooting a commercial for University of West Georgia and I'm looking for a 1974 Bronco (or similar) without a top for our commercial shoot. I can pay for rental and it would shoot on Saturday, September 15th for about half a day. Contact me for details!

Thanks!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hi, my name is Joseph, I'm a prop master for a production company out of Nashville and we're shooting a commercial for University of West Georgia and I'm looking for a 1974 Bronco (or similar) without a top for our commercial shoot. I can pay for rental and it would shoot on Saturday, September 15th for about half a day. Contact me for details!

Thanks!

Now Joseph, Sept. 15th is the date for the 6th Annual North GA Early Bronco Meet & Greet, don't be taking our attendees!!!;D;D;D

g8r & looking, ya'll better be at Riverstone!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Now Joseph, Sept. 15th is the date for the 6th Annual North GA Early Bronco Meet & Greet, don't be taking our attendees!!!;D;D;D

g8r & looking, ya'll better be at Riverstone!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Hey my red 74's gonna be at Riverstone and I bet a certain little orange 74 too! Just come over there and film.%)

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
I have a red 72 wearing a bikini top right now. It is not show quality, but looks decent...

20120802_114653.jpg
[/IMG]

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
haha, I mentiontioned to "phred" the other day that he needed to pick up on his "Atlanta EB M&G" thread!!!! %)%)%) He's trying to come up with a good location, something other than the Varsity;D;D;D Give him some time!!!!:cool::cool:

Pics of the Marietta M&G!!

Attachments

• Meet and Greet Marietta003.jpg
    Meet and Greet Marietta003.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Meet and Greet Marietta004.jpg
    Meet and Greet Marietta004.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Meet and Greet Marietta007.jpg
    Meet and Greet Marietta007.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Meet and Greet Marietta002.jpg