• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clear Tcase Cover Got tired of waiting.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
that's cool. i want one, i just need to recover from what i spent on the bronco this week. how soon before you have them ready do you think? do you think they'll seal okay without some type of steel reinforcement around the edge?

it'll match my cleargearz!

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
Count me in!! Those things rock!! I'm betting i'd be able to immediately see if my tcase was filling up with tranny fluid this time!! %)

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
walker949 said:
Heres the big one - - - Cost if you want me to make you one. I can make you one for 30 bucks. You pay the shipping. Keep in mind these are hand made items not machine cranked things. There will be little things and stuff
that will be slightly different on each sheet. Shipping is minimal I could mail one to Hawaii (Mad you listening?) or Alaska (Paine you there?) for about 4 to 6 bucks. Not bad for a bling item that is functional eh what??

TOFIC

TOFIC, at the rate the orders are piling up you might see what a local CNC shop would bang them out for. If you need help with some drawings, let me know.

66horse

Bronco Guru
Well now that they are officially available, I reassert me want of one. Just let me know where to send the coin.

Shipping will be to 92101

Thanks!
Steve

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Its a go!! Orders in for 16 thanks.

Well thank you guys for your confidence, I have orders for 16 of these little puppies. Not a problem but I do not mass produce. Each one is hand made and test fitted. so patience, they will come to you.

Specifications are cut and fitted for a D20 case on a 73 Bronco. I am sure it will fit the other years. The cover is one half inch thick. It is machined so it insets into the case about one quarter inch. A fill line is put on the INSIDE of the cover. Mine is on with silicone gasket material (theRightStuff). Does not leak. Weird to see the gears working and such but what the h***.

Shipping cost will be minimum. Mail is the best route as the finished product is not heavy. Just pretty.

Strength?? Not a problem. I can't see this being an issue. It is experimental so anything could pop up.
Mine has stainless washers set into the glass so you can use your standard bolts on it. Mine are just painted pretty that is all.

Haven't got a paypal account so send me an email or PM and I will send you the full particulars and the unique number of your plate. (yes I keep track, I am standing behind these things I want to know who bought them).

NUMBER 2 goes to the classicbroncos web site for giveaway. Number 1 is mine. Number 3 is spoken for already (brewbro21 got that one).

If i get orders for more than 25, I can do another price cut as I get a cut on the glass at that point. Not much but a little.

You guys with other cases (205's 203's) talk to me. I will do others if some of you want them. Just need a pattern of the cover.

Thanks guys You made the old farts day. I am going to give the site a couple of days to firm up the orders and then I will start making. After that, we will see if I will market them through a vendor (Maybe talk Chuck and Debbie into it)

TOFIC

70_Steve

Old Guy
Well heck. I've got to get in on this too!! TOFIC, just sent you an email.

This is approaching Mass Buy status, doncha think?!

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
ChrisinWV said:
PM sent
Can I have #6?????
Can you make one for my NP 435 as well?????
Thanks for a great product.
Chris in WV
Sure I can!! anything for a fellow bronco nut.

take the cover plate off your 435 (oil needed changing anyway right??) and make a tracing on a piece of very stiff paper. What you are doing is making a pattern. Mail me the pattern and I will let you know how much to do it. A picture of the old cover installed on the transmission would help a lot.

TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Updated for delivery of covers.

Man I do not believe it 30 of them!! and an order from a dealer. I am really really surprised and happy. But on with the issues on hand.

The glass is ordered. Remember, this is armoured glass, not bullet proof glass. Bullet proof would be too rigid in this application and would shatter when it was subjected to torsional forces.

It is one half (1/2") thick!! More strength than we ever need. the only thing we have to watch is sheer force. installed correctly this is not a factor.

The cover goes on with all the standard hardware that is on your Bronco now. NO other change is required. No milling, No farting around, nothing. remove and replace is what you do. It will install with standard gaskets for the steel cover or a little silicone gasket maker (this is what i use but i am lazy and cheap, its in a tube and works what more do you need?)

I start making the covers on Sunday. You gentlemen that requested specific numbers will have them. (HotWheels gets number 4, brewbro21 gets number 3, cant remember who asked for 6 but they get it,etc)

Yes I will back up the product. If it breaks I will replace it. no questions asked. All you have to do is install it correctly, thats all I ask. I will back up the product as long as you own your Bronco with it on.

Some of you asked about the "SUPER DUTY" cover. This entails glass 3/4" thick. Cost is awesome. Double the cost of the 1/2" and no significant gain in strength or sheer. Not worth it in my opinion. We will look at this if we run into problems but I cant see it. Right now, NO.

Mass buy?? OK I can live with that. 30 orders in 3 days things coming in threes. heres the deal. 33 dollars each and I pay the shipping How does that sound?? All of you are in the US or Canada and I cant see the shipping being outragous. this is standard postal rate. Expidited stuff you pay for.. Waste of money in my opinion as standard it will get to you in 7 days expedited is 5 days whoopee.

To you guys that sent me an email to walker@agt.net. Send me another one. My D**n computer lost those messages. I am not happy about that. Please send me another message.

JON:: I haven't heard from you. I am making number 2 right now. How do you want to handle this?? come on guys give Jon a little prod for me.

TOFIC some pics to tease you guys.

Attachments

• cover9.jpg
    cover9.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 109
  • cover10.jpg
    cover10.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 114

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I'll take one, now what is the conversion rate to american? I need to send like 18-19 bucks? ;D JK

Sent you a PM

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
TOFIC You Da Man! ;D All I can say is you motivated me with your great idea. Wha..La now i'm stylin. Its been run and heat cycled four time and all is good. No leaks no problems. You Da Man!

Attachments

• Covers.jpg
    Covers.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Gears.jpg
    Gears.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 46
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 53
  • oil.jpg
    oil.jpg