• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clear Tcase Cover Got tired of waiting.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Hello T.O.F.I.C.,

I see I'm on your list. Sent a Money Order on 4/23.
Any thoughts on doing covers for Ford T&C top loader?

Keep up the good work and a BIG thank you to T.O.F.W.I.C.

Last edited:

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
I work with sheets of this stuff everyday and I will attest to its strength. Its used for forestry equipment windshields and loaders. We use 1/4" for this and we put it in a 300 ton press and bend it to a 90 and it wont break. You can cut it with anyyhing you would cut steel with. I think I'll just have to make myself one of these! Great idea! RB

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Rear clear cover.

Weekly news
The big batch is leaving now. Apologies to lonesouth for the screwup on the numbers, if you really want the one you mentioned send the one you are getting back and I will redo one for you. Pictures of the mass of covers attached.

I still have some people that have said you want one but have not sent the funds for. I know, it is hard sometimes to spring some cash loose or do the international thing. You guys know who you are and I would really appreciate a note from you one way or the other. I promise the price remains the same as you stated your want while the buy was on.

JONS special cover is made and will leave here shortly. Middle of the week in all liklihood. Hang on Jon, good things come to people who wait. Pictures in the other thread if you want to see JONS cover.

Yes there is a strong possibility that there will be a US dealer. One of our suppliers just got a plate for his bronco and we ended up talking. My impressions of the man and his business have not diminished. He runs a business the way I would. Straight up Bet you cant guess who? I am real pleased we talked as he was the one I was hoping for.

NOW for the news.
I note some doubting Thomases regarding the rear cover. (mlogan24 you are a little skeptical maybe??) IF I can get the back log list cleared up and the US dealer set up there is plans for the following projects to do.

NP435 tranny cover, waiting on patterns from Chris for some measurements, other than that, it will be born in about a week.
203 and 205 Tcase covers. Awaiting patterns from one of the Bronco brethern, will start those after the 435 one is done.
Dana 44 and Ford 9". These are the ones everyone is interested in. Some market research shows the complete cover for a 44 in clear is about 140 bucks!! OOUUCCHH. NOT!! I cannot duplicate this as the cover has a patent and I am cheap. Gotta be a better way. There is. Working on it calls for modification of a standard cover and should sell for around the same price as the Tcase cover. Speculation on my part as I have to take care of my present customers first before I play at this. THE 9" is the one I want to play with. I have an idea on how to do this in an efficient and inexpensive manner. I have to get my backlog of covers done and out of the way before I play so if you guys that are dragging your feet about your Tcase cover want to see this, make with the funds so I can get on this. A very interesting conversation with a engineer and Mr Glen Bowers (see my hydroboost article about him) gave me an idea that may work.

Other special requests out there?? I heard about a toploader request, whoever asked contact me lets talk about that one.

Is there a TOFDIC?? No but there is a daughter in law and she is real cute. Down boys she is taken.

News for now
TOFIC

Attachments

• 4batch1.JPG
    4batch1.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 4batch2.JPG
    4batch2.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Bronco Wild said:
I wasn't hoping for a "daughter"... ;)

Was inquiring if there's a "The Old Farts DOG in Canada" :p
No D but there is a C That count??

John, your cover left!! You owe TOFWIC a big hug and kiss. She talked me into #13. I normally do not do a #13 and she talked me into it. I know, stupid suspicion but works on my side of the fence.

Enjoy and send me a picture of it installed.

TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
rulebreaker said:
I work with sheets of this stuff everyday and I will attest to its strength. Its used for forestry equipment windshields and loaders. We use 1/4" for this and we put it in a 300 ton press and bend it to a 90 and it wont break. You can cut it with anyyhing you would cut steel with. I think I'll just have to make myself one of these! Great idea! RB

sell you one cheap made out of half inch!

TOFIC

Grover

Loc.
luhavull
I was also wanting to make sure that you got my money, I sent it paypal instead of snail mail. I hadn't seen your paypal account until after I said I would send it through the postal service.
Thanks,
Tate

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
welndmn said:
Did you get mine?
Mark Harris
YEP left yesterday too. Enjoy!!!
Please advise how long it took and how about some pictures of the cover installed??
Grover got yours also, same thing applies.
TOFIC