• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clear Tcase Cover Got tired of waiting.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
He he these are gonna be like baseball cards......
I will have a Kasey Kahne to trade for a Mark Martin.....
Hint hint Jason ;D
Don,
You have mail of the electronic type and snail as well on it's way.
If you need anything else let me know.
CHris in WV

Attachments

• MVC-673S.JPG
    MVC-673S.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 48

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
Hey Old Fart, How long does it take snail mail to get to you from NorCal? I sent my payment not realizing that you had PayPal setup. Hope it reaches you well. I am waiting patiently for my cover. Thanks Ivan

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Hey TOFIC-

I'm sure you probably thought of this, but as soon as you get a couple covers for different t-cases made up I'm willing to bet that a couple posts on Pirate4x4, and your new side business will explode. Best of luck!

-BTW, don't forget Scout's had Dana 20's too ;D

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
teqoso said:
Hey Old Fart, How long does it take snail mail to get to you from NorCal? I sent my payment not realizing that you had PayPal setup. Hope it reaches you well. I am waiting patiently for my cover. Thanks Ivan
The BOSS (Mrs TOFIC) informs me the money landed today. Will send ASAP. Second batch are done and I start the 3rd batch tomorrow. They are turning out really nice and I am extremely proud of them.

Patience, good things take time to make.
TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
saryan said:
I am in for one. I have paypal if that will work.
Hi there stranger!!! Have not heard from you previously have we?? Please send your name and address for our "job jar" so we can put you into it. Paypal is good walker@agt.net.

TOFIC and the Mrs.

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
First Batch left today!!

Well the first batch of plates went out today!! Sent them via mail as the post office told me that they would get to some of you lucky people sooner than sending via parcel post. No customs hassle either they just go.
All covers got a install sheet. READ it. some important facts in there.
Picture of the BOSS with HotWheels plate attached.(almost said hotlips whoooppss) Shipping costs were exactly what I figured.
Third batch gets done this weekend. Had one problem with the second batch and as a result I am engraving the numbers into the plate instead of stamping them in. All requests for unique numbers are being done except for a couple I fouled up.
Plates are shipped as money recieved guys. No money no cover.
Mass Buy ends at month end then standard price. 30 plus 6 for shipping.
Price now is 33 and I do the shipping.
Found out Ford did it to me. There are 2 different sized bolts on the cover of the Tcases. some are 5/16 some are 3/8. The covers are drilled 3/8 the SS washers are 5/16. Read the sheet on how to handle this issue.

AGAIN many thanks for all your support and watch the mail
TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Whhhooopppps forgot Pictures

HotWheels package on the go

Attachments

• IM000523.JPG
    IM000523.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IM000522.JPG
    IM000522.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 52

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Gotta have one for the tcase and the Np435. Do you have a pattern for the Np435 yet? Give me a total price and I'll pay now. Piece of advise: from the way it looks like orders are coming in, I'd be looking at getting the patent on this thing.

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
yellowrouge said:
Gotta have one for the tcase and the Np435. Do you have a pattern for the Np435 yet? Give me a total price and I'll pay now. Piece of advise: from the way it looks like orders are coming in, I'd be looking at getting the patent on this thing.
Got you on the list for the Tcase cover, Chris in WV is supposed to be sending the patterns for the 435 soon so that will come available.. I can see the 435 cover coming up within 30 days. Saw the size very quickly in a few pictures. If it goes for any more than the Tcase cover I would be surprised but not really. The "catch" is the cost of the glass. There is a minimum charge irregardless of the size, and that is one square foot. With that is mind and the size as I know it, the cost should be about 20 bucks. dont hold me to that until I do a few. May be some tricky machining to do on this one.

ON the patent, I have applied for the patent on the covers. We will see what happens thank you for your concern but some of the other guys have already given me this lecture.

TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
77TexasBronc said:
What about 69,Is it spoken far yet?
Sure has That one went to Arizona. You just can't win!!
Hate to tell you buddy but yours left yesterday. It has a standard number on it (sorry but we tried and I am tired and getting a little blurred vision from makeing these)
If you really have your heart set on a number, lets see if we can agree on it and send the other back and we will do you a new one.

Again sorry buddy, not thinking too clearly (no pun intended) now.

Drop me a note
TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Another batch leaving tomorrow.

Hello all!!

Well, good news, got all orders out but the guys with cheques (waiting on clearance) and the one new one I got (hd03sporty). Tuesday we start another batch. New machining techniques enable me to get a little more strength into the plates. Also a slight change in the supply of the support washers enables me to adjust to Fords "inconsistencies" ( deviations from standard measurements)

All covers have a installation sheet PLEASE read it.

Be advised if your T case was made with a little closer tolarances than Ford usually has, the plates can be fitted. Use a very good quality double cut metal file to adjust what you need adjusted on the glass. If the washers are the problem, pop them out drill them (cobalt or titanuim bit) and pop them back in. Ensure the washers set into their recesses as this is what gives the covers their strength.

The only thing I cannot test is heat. TJM has used one for a while and does not have a problem. Mine does not give me grief but I use expensive synthetic oil which has better cooling characteristics. Please let me know if you have problems. We will get the problem solved if you have this one. These plates are experimental. They work as far as I can test them. Carry your steel plate with you and a spare gasket and a quart of oil for the first little while. I just dont know, so you guys tell me how they work.

AGAIN thanks for your support and for you guys that have not sent in for yours the mass buys is over at the end of the month. As the MRS says, you want the deal, make with the moola.

TOFIC

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Walker, money sent paypal, man haven't used paypal in so long I amost forgot how. Remember I am in no hurry so put me down as one of the last. Thanks

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
walker949 said:
Sure has That one went to Arizona. You just can't win!!
Hate to tell you buddy but yours left yesterday. It has a standard number on it (sorry but we tried and I am tired and getting a little blurred vision from makeing these)
If you really have your heart set on a number, lets see if we can agree on it and send the other back and we will do you a new one.

Again sorry buddy, not thinking too clearly (no pun intended) now.

Drop me a note
TOFIC

What ever number I get will be just fine. Thanks

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Weekly Update.

Well another week has gone by.
More orders came to me WWOOOO HHOOO keep em coming guys!! Love to hear from you all.

Jon and I have decided on the giveaway. MAN we should give that man a medal for the work he does. Sent pictures of plate to him with the other giveaway with the interesting story. Jon can relate that one.

Covers are working well. The EXP plates are causing no problems but we will see. The only thing I cannot control with this is heat. Keep me informed guys if yours gives you grief.

Talking with the neighbour. He has a BB that I can get some patterns off of. Really want to get the 435 done, will have to give ChrisinWV static to get me the pattern.

Skiddy:: Thanks man we will do yours this week.
77TexasBronc:: Sorry man, we just could not agree it appears. If you really want a special number, lets agree on it, and I will do you a new one absolutely no charge to you. You really tried so I am willing to bend a little for you.

Keep em coming guys, Its been a long time since I have seen such a wide grin on MRS TOFIC face. Big hug from her to you guys

TOFIC