• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

clutch issues AGAIN !!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Excellent news. Glad you tried it and succeeded. Now I know what I'm going to try the next time.
The rivets always went on well for me, but it would have been easier, and maybe even more permanent, to do the bolts.

Have you had nuts-n-bolts on yours for a long time now? Getting good non-failure data?

Paul

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Had the bolts in since like 1997 they seem to be holding up fine although my bronco has not been a daily driver anymore since 2003. but I do drive it quite a bit still.
As for the story the rivets popped on me about about midnight in feburary when I was in utah just as I tried to shift to 2nd gear. Luckily it had just snowed and I found my lnkage parts that fell off easily. Also good thing it was so late made getting home a little easier no traffic to worry about with no clutch.

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
My bellhousing is the wire bail type. It looks like it has two mounting studs with pressed on caps, it's very solid. Have you guys been talking abbout the tab style bellhousing?