• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO, Bronco run up Holy Cross 3rd annual

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
icecream man said:
Trying to work out the logistics...

Did anyone ever answer the question on how long (at 60mph) a drive from the I70/C470 interchange to the trail head?

Any estimates on how long it will take to run the trail? I know I should expect the unexpected on this trial.

Am I insane for eveing thinking its possible to get back and forth from Denver and run the trial in the same day? Does 12 to 14 hours for the entire day sound about right for those of you who have done it before?

I drive up there every year for the past three so your not NUTS, I would plan on about 3-hours, this is one reason we pick this trail every year it is pretty close to being equal for both the western slope guys and those of us in denver.
as for how long 12 to 14 hours is about right, maybe longer depending on traffic on I-70. it will be a long day but it is worth every minute of it...

icecream man

Loc.
Colorado
david heater said:
I drive up there every year for the past three so your not NUTS, I would plan on about 3-hours, this is one reason we pick this trail every year it is pretty close to being equal for both the western slope guys and those of us in denver.
as for how long 12 to 14 hours is about right, maybe longer depending on traffic on I-70. it will be a long day but it is worth every minute of it...

Thanks for the information! I'm in provided I-70 isn't closed due to more rock slides.

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
I posted this on colorado4x4 but just want to get a fast response before I go.

Is there a loop for getting back down to the trail head or do you have to go back down the trail?

Is there anyone camping on saturday night?

And on the 4x4trails.net map there is a yellow road that loops around to about mid trail is that easy or difficult? My dad is going to come up and meet walk up the trail because all he has is a chevy blazer and I was wondering if he could come up that little bypass?

If someone could help me out with those questions I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Attachments

• map_holycross.GIF
    map_holycross.GIF
    223.9 KB · Views: 15

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
broncobear22, there are a couple of replies to your question on CO4x4.

Man, I know of at least four people who've backed out in the past couple of days. :'( I hope we have a good turnout... I'm heading up this afternoon, after filling the Dodge CTD tow rig and the Bronco; don't even want to think what that's gonna cost. :eek:

Hope to see a bunch of you there. ;D

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
DAMM IT! believe me if my foot could stand a little weight on it I would be there in a heart beat. I just went out and tried to get in my bronco and it is a mother you know what. then getting out is the real fun part i hit it on the cage and that sent me into orbit.
I really hope there is a good turn out for this run.....

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
What CB channel is everyone going to be on?

We are coming up Saturday morning so don't start without us!! We will have 2 broncos on trailers and we are leaving at 4:00 in the morning, I think that is going to give us enough time to get up there.

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
i'm not sure how far in Steve will be. if I'm right he is in about two miles and he will be on the left side of the dirt road...he has a bright orange bronco.
have fun guys

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
We are staying up there saturday night when we get back down. Is there a few places to park an RV? My shop manager is coming up in his RV and needs to know if there is a place to park his motorhome. Please let me know.
Thanks

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
broncobear22 said:
We are staying up there saturday night when we get back down. Is there a few places to park an RV? My shop manager is coming up in his RV and needs to know if there is a place to park his motorhome. Please let me know.
Thanks

YES, if you are up there with Steve take his spot, last year he parked his RV at one of the places off to the left of the gravel dirt road. like I said he is more then likley in one of these spots. If he's not just scout it out on the way down. Have fun guys