• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Colorado, Holy Cross run in July

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
We're gonna be runnin Holy Cross trail Thursday the 19th of July. All are welcome to join us. Should hit trail head around 9am and see where the day takes us. Usually about 4-5 hours up and back unless we tackle the upper trail this year, and we may opt to give it a shot. We'll also be headed Fri. and Sat. towards Buena Vista area to tame (or be tamed) a couple more trails to boot. Iron Chest or Chinaman are on the list of possible's. Join us if you like!!

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We will be there for sure. Keep us posted on a place to meet up early. If all goes well I will also have a new Chief in tow for the week.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
glad to hear it Brad, the more bikes the merrier for the first part of the week. Then trucks late week, what could be better? Pray for good weather!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
to bad Ben, we'd of loved to seen ya. How's the bronco coming along?
Oh and Steve we'll take a definate maybe, hope you can make it! Keep us informed

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Hey Brad - are you and Giggles gonna campout with us or hit a local hotel? At least a couple of us will be camping, but is sounds like Paul will be staying in a hotel. BTW - I still need to send you a check for the 203 box. I'll try to get that sent this week.

Steve, Clint, & any other Bronco owners, it would be great to have you join us. Hope you guys can make it.

Ben - You gotta get that thing out on the trail soon. Do you even remember how to wheel anymore? Hope you can make one of our runs soon.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
That's one trail I never got to run while I was in CO and I kick myself. Someday!

Looking forward to pictures!!

J.D.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Brad - are you and Giggles gonna campout with us or hit a local hotel? At least a couple of us will be camping, but is sounds like Paul will be staying in a hotel. BTW - I still need to send you a check for the 203 box. I'll try to get that sent this week.

Steve, Clint, & any other Bronco owners, it would be great to have you join us. Hope you guys can make it.

Ben - You gotta get that thing out on the trail soon. Do you even remember how to wheel anymore? Hope you can make one of our runs soon.

Chris,

We might camp. I will have to ask her what she would rather do. Don't worry about the check either. You can just make one out when we get there.

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO

It would actually be my first run up Holy cross. It seems like I can never make it up there, and this sounds like the perfect trip, so unless something important comes up I think Ill make plans to go with you guys!

PS. Ben got to do a couple hours of wheelin in Moab!!!! :)

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
I should be able to get the day off the wheel with you guys. I'm going up Holy Cross tomorrow afternoon to take some pics and camp, and test out my hydro assist. It should be fun!

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
It would actually be my first run up Holy cross. It seems like I can never make it up there, and this sounds like the perfect trip, so unless something important comes up I think Ill make plans to go with you guys!

PS. Ben got to do a couple hours of wheelin in Moab!!!! :)

Clint, that would be great if you can make it. I didn't make it to the Moab Safari, so this would give me a chance to meet you. Last summer was the first time I ran Holy Cross. We happend to pick a Saturday when a large club was running it, so it was pretty crowded. We only went as far as Holy Cross city then turned around so that we could get infront of the big group. The trail was a blast even if it was crowded, but that's why we are running it on a Thursday this year.

I should be able to get the day off the wheel with you guys. I'm going up Holy Cross tomorrow afternoon to take some pics and camp, and test out my hydro assist. It should be fun!

Cut Up 75, we would love to have you join us too. Being a local you can show all of us how it should be done. ;D

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
Considering this weekend will be my 2nd time wheelin' in 2.5years I think everyone will be showing me how it's done!! ;D

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Last summer was the first time I ran Holy Cross. We happend to pick a Saturday when a large club was running it, so it was pretty crowded. We only went as far as Holy Cross city then turned around...

HC is my favorite CO trail, gotta run it 2-3 times every year. Hopefully Clint and I can make it up there. And BTW, the trail doesn't go far at all after HC City, maybe 1/4 mile if that, but to get to the end you've gotta go up Cleveland Rock. It's not an obstacle to be taken lightly. ;)

And yeah, the HC trail and big crowds don't go together well at all.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Yea the trail is short after the city, but the last lil' bit is enough to make ya forget the beginning. It has been years since I have run the trail so I am excited to see how it resembles itself from years a go.
It sounds like we'll have a nice group to head up. If any of you folks want to spend Friday or Saturday wheelin with us you would be most welcome. we will most likely spend a few days around Buena Vista.
Chris-I will look into cabins where your stayin, that sounds like a plan to me.

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
For those that will be joining us, on Wednesday & Thursday nights (July 18 & 19) we will be camping close to the Holy Cross trail head - probably Gold Park campground if sites are open. Then on Friday we will drive over to Buena Vista and some of us will be staying at the Buena Vista KOA on Friday & Saturday nights (July 20 & 21), and heading home on Sunday.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru

thefinger.gif
It's been on poison spider, to Area BFE, and carnage Boulder twice since May - and I'm still trying to figure out how to wheel the thing again (really need to work on a better pulley for the throttle body - it goes from idle to HOLY COW really fast...)

However, I don't have a free weekend till late August currently...