• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Colorado, Holy Cross run in July

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
thefinger.gif
It's been on poison spider, to Area BFE, and carnage Boulder twice since May - and I'm still trying to figure out how to wheel the thing again (really need to work on a better pulley for the throttle body - it goes from idle to HOLY COW really fast...)

However, I don't have a free weekend till late August currently...

Ben,
Glad to you got it out on the trails again. Maybe we can get another run planned for late August if it will work out for you. David and I ran Kelly Flats this past Saturday and both made it through the chutes. It was a fun trip.

Will you be able to make the next club meeting on July 2nd?

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
Ben,
Glad to you got it out on the trails again. Maybe we can get another run planned for late August if it will work out for you. David and I ran Kelly Flats this past Saturday and both made it through the chutes. It was a fun trip.

Will you be able to make the next club meeting on July 2nd?

So far late August sounds great! I still need to do kelly flats - for that matter I still need to do HC! I've missed every trip so far:(

I'm going to try to make the meeting, I won't know for sure until ~3pm the same day though.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a few late nights to get everything put together, but we will be there.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
great, we, the bikers, should be back from our Silverton ride Wed night. Probably spend the night in Leadville. work for you Brad? The Friday and Saturday we can play by ear. The cabins are booked up at the KOA last I checked. I wish I had more time!!! I may regret not putting more effort into accomodations.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Thats awfully nice of you but I can always sleep in the back of the pickup. And find a shower at the KOA. I'll make do. I can't wait. Chris, what's your official forecast for Thursday the 19th? 68 and partly cloudy?

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Little Bronco is still in the shop. (Tub and frame going to Blast Masters next week) Will you guys spit on me if I show up with the big Bronco?

Dave...

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
any sign of Andy on this one?
What about Dave's friend with the Jeep?
I've been trying to talk Jeff into riding along for a day or two, lets see what happens.
Anybody got a truck count yet?

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Chris, what's your official forecast for Thursday the 19th? 68 and partly cloudy?

My official forecast for Thursday the 19th is open trail with big tires, even bigger rocks, and plenty of crawling. How is that for a forecast?

I don't think Andy will be able to make it.

Truck count so far:
- Myself & Tammy
- Paul
- Brad & Trish
- David & Linda
- Dave (in his big Bronco)
makes 5 for sure.

- Chip is a maybe.

Cut Up 75 are you in for sure?

Steve and Clint are you guys going to be able to make it from GJ?

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
I'll let you guys know for sure on tuesday.....I'm still trying to get the work schedule figured out.

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
My official forecast for Thursday the 19th is open trail with big tires, even bigger rocks, and plenty of crawling. How is that for a forecast?

I don't think Andy will be able to make it.

Truck count so far:
- Myself & Tammy
- Paul
- Brad & Trish
- David & Linda
- Dave (in his big Bronco)
makes 5 for sure.

- Chip is a maybe.

Cut Up 75 are you in for sure?

Steve and Clint are you guys going to be able to make it from GJ?

Unless something comes up, Ill be there! Will be nice to get out of this heat for a bit!

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
I will be in the area after the RMR. We will stay in Fairplay July31-Aug 6 if anyone is wants to run Holy Cross or anything else around there on those dates.
Brad

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Looks like our club is running HC this weekend, so will probably run it then. Also, for those that are in the RMR, be aware that the Copper Traingle bike ride is Sat. Aug. 4th. It is from Copper Mountain, over Fremont Pass to Leadville. From Leadville, we head over Tennessee and Battle Mountain to Minturn. Then back to Copper Mountain. The roads will be VERY busy, as they are expecting approx. 3000 riders.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
great, we, the bikers, should be back from our Silverton ride Wed night. Probably spend the night in Leadville. work for you Brad? The Friday and Saturday we can play by ear. The cabins are booked up at the KOA last I checked. I wish I had more time!!! I may regret not putting more effort into accomodations.

Sure, that works for us. I got a surprise trip to El Paso for work this week so I haven't had a chance to make any arrangements either. We will probably pack a tent out of necessity this time around.

On the bright side, Trish and I stayed up all night on Sunday and got the new full width axles and gearsets installed. All that is left is replace one bad front caliper and fab up a quick trak bar mount. We should be ready to leave for Colorado first thing Saturday morning. I have to swing through Cheyenne first so we will either catch up with you very late on Saturday or sometime Sunday morning.

Chris, I have your range box too. I still need to pull the chain drive but I will have it ready for you.

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Looks like we should have a nice sized group then.

I have to swing through Cheyenne first so we will either catch up with you very late on Saturday or sometime Sunday morning.

Chris, I have your range box too. I still need to pull the chain drive but I will have it ready for you.

Brad, since you are going through Cheyenne, will you be coming down I-25? If so, Wellington (where I live) is right off of I-25 about 30 miles south of Cheyenne. Maybe you could drop the range box off on your way through. That way you wouldn't have to haul it up to Leadville, so that I can haul it home. Let me know if that will work. BTW - what's your favorite beer? - I owe you one.