• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Protofab Rock Solid Mass Buy-Ends May 4th at Noon.

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
Finally got loggin in. Please e-mail me with shipping cost so I know how much of a hit I'm going to take.

Rick Morales
7068 Autumn Park
San Antonio Tx, 78249

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
Haven't got a qoute yet. Waiting patiently.

Do most people paint the bumpers, powdercoat, bedliner? Any pros or cons on which works good, or is it just personal preference.

Rick Morales

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

I am not ignoring anyone. Keith has teh shipping list in his hands and is calculating the shipping for us. I cannot make that happen any faster. I have not been on in the past two days because one of my best friends from high school was killed on his motorcycle and my grandfather passed away in the same day. I hope people can understand why I was not online Sunday and Monday to update this post. I am working very hard to turn this around quickly for everyone including myself. I am very confident that I should here from Keith today adn I will call there as soon as they are open. Sorry that HE didn't get shipping quotes back to me but that is out of MY hands! I know that he is trying to juggle this mass buy with regular business as well.
Kyle

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Most people I would say spray paint. Powdercoating is nice but you are unable to touch it up if it is ever chipped. Bedliner is not a bad idea either. very durable and easy to touch up.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Shipping quotes are being faxed as we speak. I will personally email every single person by day end of the total. Also I know everyone wants these as quickly as possible and I have personally arranged with Protofab that once I have 50% of the money I will call him and he will order all the laser cutting for every single bumper at once!!! That way he speeds up the process which means that I will be putting myself on the line with money! I expect that is I have 50% fund by this Friday that he can have the turn around time to 4 weeks or under. Once week for laser cutting, one for assembly, one for shipping and one padded week. That is a good turn around time. Keith said he will push his guys to get these out! He has sent a personal thank you to everyone on this mass buy. Stay tuned for emails.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Good Morning-
I have been working away since 6:30 this morning and will keep working today on our Mass Buy. I will be editing the build list today and finalizing everything for Keith. I am going to put a final post of each person and their order one last time to again make sure I have crossed all the t's. If anyone noticed an error on this post please let me know ASAP. I am hoping to have our entire order to Keith this afternoon. I will be paying half the balance since I am still waiting for about 5 checks. I will also mark next to your name if I have a check from you already. I hope everyone enjoys their bumpers. I will be out of town Thursday so please email me with any questions by Wednesday afternoon

KYle

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
71 BRNCO said:
Good Morning-
I have been working away since 6:30 this morning and will keep working today on our Mass Buy. I will be editing the build list today and finalizing everything for Keith. I am going to put a final post of each person and their order one last time to again make sure I have crossed all the t's. If anyone noticed an error on this post please let me know ASAP. I am hoping to have our entire order to Keith this afternoon. I will be paying half the balance since I am still waiting for about 5 checks. I will also mark next to your name if I have a check from you already. I hope everyone enjoys their bumpers. I will be out of town Thursday so please email me with any questions by Wednesday afternoon

KYle

I'm sorry but did I miss something? This post was from the 17th and we were to check it and let 71 BRNCO know by the 18th pm if there were any errors. It is the 19th pm (and yes I read the out of town part) and I can't find the post I am to check? Will it be posted here or somewhere else?
I don't mean to be a pain, my hat is off to anyone that will host a Mass Buy. It must be hell of a lot of work. Thanks 71 BRNCO for taking this one on.

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
myscott22 said:
I'm sorry but did I miss something? This post was from the 17th and we were to check it and let 71 BRNCO know by the 18th pm if there were any errors. It is the 19th pm (and yes I read the out of town part) and I can't find the post I am to check? Will it be posted here or somewhere else?
I don't mean to be a pain, my hat is off to anyone that will host a Mass Buy. It must be hell of a lot of work. Thanks 71 BRNCO for taking this one on.

I have been in touch with Kyle as recently as Wednesday morning and I know things are moving right along with the mass buy. I'm not sure what happened with the final post that he mentioned, but I'm sure it will be posted here in this thread when he gets back from Cruisin'. I agree with you about the appreciation that needs to go out to these guys hosting the mass buys. Like Tom Petty sang, "The waaaiting...is the hardest part." Hang in there :p

svens70

Loc.
Oregon, IL
What's the status on the mass buy?

I know these things take time, but I was hoping to have the bumper soon since the old one is off and I've got wheeln' to do. :eek:

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I have sent my check, and I am told that protofab is building them now, and has a stack of them already done. They are only waiting on payment, and I am sure Kyle is waiting for payment aswell as checks to clear before he pays them.
So it is happening, now.

Bill

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
I'm sure Kyle is on a white sand beach somewhere drinking adult beverages on our money. HA HA!

Just kidding he has been working hard I'm sure just wish he would post an update. :cool:

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I know its been a while and people have been in contact with Kyle, but It would not hurt to have a little update soon.

Bill

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
behemoth said:
I know its been a while and people have been in contact with Kyle, but It would not hurt to have a little update soon.

Bill

I agree we need some info it has been way too long. This is BS we did our part, and were told there would be an update for us to check. Does anyone know if Kyle is OK or do we need to hunt him down???????????????????

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Hey Guys,

Sorry to the wait on the update but I wanted to make sure Keith was getting them done before updating. Been a crazy week. Keith said he is close to done with the rear bumpers and it doing assembly on them and getting ready. The fronts he has do not take near as long. I am going to call and see what his expected ship date is for the majority. I am still waiting on payment from three buyers. I am going to foot the bill in the mean time and hope it doesn't bite me in the butt. More to follow this afternoon! PROMISED!
KYle

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Please note I do not have a computer to use at my house thats why I didn't get back until today. I stay almost every night late from work to keep this organized! I am waiting for three more checks. But that will not hold anyone up but those I am waiting for!

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

After just reading this I totally realized I forgot to put the final list up! I am an idiot sorry guys for some reason I thought I did that already. Here is it: Not in specific order

Firebronc-Brian (Rocksolid Rear NO tire rack with 2" BL)- Need payment

BigDave-Dave B (Rocksolid Front and Rocksolid Rear with Tire Rack)

Rick - (Rocksolid Rear with Tire Rack 2" BL)

SnwMnkys-Alma (Rocksolid Rear with tire rack 2" BL with Jerry Can

Svens70-Sven (Rocksolid Front)

Orangecrush- Bob B. (Rocksolid rear with tire rack)

PeteEB70- Michael (Rocksolid front and Rocksolid Rear with tire rack)
Need Payment!

moaiz- Isaiah )Rocksolid front and Rocksolid Rear with tire rack)

myscott22- Scott (Rocksolid front and Rocksolid Rear) (NO TIRE RACK)

coachbarnes- Scott (Rocksolid Rear with Tire Rack)

Behemoth- Bill (Rocksolid Rear with Tire Rack)

broncoformudv- Rob/Kim (Rocksolid Rear 2" BL) (NO TIRE RACK)

97XEB- James (Rocksolid rear with tire rack with jerry can, 2" BL)

I have one other person that I am getting a bumper for that is not on this list. Checks will be done today so should hopefully be cleared by Thursday and I will be overnighting (my expense) the check to Keith at Protofab on Thursday. By Friday I should know what day the bumpers will be shipping. Hopefully next week!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Update-6/1/05

I spoke with Keith again and they have the majority of rear bumpers built and are assembling the tire racks as I write this. They are working away like crazy and have pushed up into priority mode over major bronco vendors. He is pickingup all teh laser cut pieces for teh front bumpers tomorrow and they will be asembling those at the same time. for those of you that order both bumpers shipping may be seperate for front and rears because I have requested him to send each and every bumper the second they are completed!!!!! He will begin as early as Wednesday sending out one bumper at a time in order of who jumped on board first. The 3 folks who sent payment late will be pushed back to the end(sorry). I have paid Keith everyones money. (He has actually been building bumpers for the past 2 weeks without funds (as I waited for checks) since I was able to verify my personal fund would be able to cover the checks before they came) He is making these as quickly as humanly possible. That is out of my control. I have been taking a ton of time to keep this organized so that he can concentrate on building. As each bumper goes out I have requested tracking numbers so people know they are on the way. Please remember that I am coordinating this not building and shipping these bumpers!!!! and I have a day job!!!!!!!!!! I also do not get online on Satursday and Sundays so I am not ignoring anyone. If you need to reach me on those day just give me a call no biggy. I almost always have my cell on me! All money is out of my hands and has been express mailed to him to get to him this Friday. thanks for all the support-
Kyle