• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Protofab Rock Solid Mass Buy-Ends May 4th at Noon.

97XEB

Man I hope so... I'm tryin' to get ready for the JonFund ride at Paragon Aug 12 - 14. Getting my rear bumper carrier prepped, painted and installed is just one of a ton of things I need to do to be ready!

I'm sure you will, but keep us posted!

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Oh it will be there 97. I believe that everyone has gotten their bumpers in less then 1 weeks. and boy this bumpers are stout. Have a great trip for the Jon Fund.

97XEB

71 BRNCO wrote:
Oh it will be there 97. I believe that everyone has gotten their bumpers in less then 1 weeks. and boy this bumpers are stout. Have a great trip for the Jon Fund.
AWESOME!!! I really can't wait!!! Thanks for all the hard work, communication and follow-up to make this happen! Excellent Job!!

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Got mine yesterday. Man these things are truly rock solid baby! Now I just need to figure out how I'm getting it finished...

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
Got my rear Bumper with 2 inch body lift and tire carrier. It's awesome and very heavy duty. Thanks for putting on the mass buy. Love the bumper.

Rick

Shelton823

Havent heard back

Kyle I see all rears are shipping out but I havent heard from you about mine. I certainly dont want to be a pita but thoght I should check in with you again. I still have the money in my account with your name on it so let me know what the situation is. Thank you again for all your hard work.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Update

Half of the remaining rears went out yesterday and the rest of the order is going out today!!!!!!! Keith will be faxing me the Ups tracking numbers this evening and I will have those out to you tomorrow. Shelton, your bumper is being built-PM Sent.

Thanks again guys for giving me the opportunity to put this together. If you have never put a mass buy on please realize it is an amazing amount of work and something I will be taking a break from. PLease get me pictures of your mounted and painted bumpers. I would like to send them to Keith for possible advertising use. I hope everyone enjoys.

KYle

behemoth

Bronco Guru
Kyle, The bumper has arrived, now the fun begins.

Thanks for all of the work on the mass buy.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
So what is the purpose of the threaded hole on the top of the tire rack. It will be covered by the tire when it is installed.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
Well,
Here are the photos of the bumper installed, but not painted. I am curious about the threaded hole on top of the tire rack as to what it is for.
Im thinking antenna or whip but not sure.

I also am trying to get it to mount level with the other body lines. The holes on the bottom of the bumper do not appear to be right. The bolt will not go through the bumper and the frame with it tilted level.

Anyone else tried to fit theirs yet ?

The holes are not a problem, I am used to things not fitting my truck that would fit every other one.

Glad it is here, now the fun, to coat it in por or not.

Attachments

• bumperrear.jpg
    bumperrear.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 77
  • bumpertilt1.jpg
    bumpertilt1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 51
  • bumperstraight.jpg
    bumperstraight.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 63

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
I just put my Bumper on. It bolted up without any problems. Looks real good, I sprayed painted it. First I put on some primer then put on the black Hammered paint. Looks decent, hope I made the right choice. Sorry no pics yet.

Rick

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I called protofab and we agreed that the fit issue is just related to the amount of previous owner damage to the frame rails. there was a huge receiver hitch in there when I bought it and some other damage.

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
I recieved my rear today, and damn this thing is stout and heavy. Im going to get mine powder coated. Ill post pics once i get it done.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
behemoth said:
Well,
Here are the photos of the bumper installed, but not painted. I am curious about the threaded hole on top of the tire rack as to what it is for.
Im thinking antenna or whip but not sure.

I also am trying to get it to mount level with the other body lines. The holes on the bottom of the bumper do not appear to be right. The bolt will not go through the bumper and the frame with it tilted level.

Anyone else tried to fit theirs yet ?

The holes are not a problem, I am used to things not fitting my truck that would fit every other one.

Glad it is here, now the fun, to coat it in por or not.
Hey..-- take the cover off that yellow thing and let's see some more pics!! That looks like a BadA.! Bronco under there!!

Just received my rear as well - it's probably a couple months from install - but I'm painting it, not por or powder...

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

I agree, that bronco looks nice. I want to see pictures of everyone bumpers.

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
Was there supposed to be any hardware or instructions included? Other then the stuff thats already bolt on to it.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
No instructions with mine, I called, it is supposed to be mounted with 4 bolts, to the frame. Not two bolts through the frame. The hole on the tire rack is for an antenna or whip.

Thanks for the compliments, there are other photos in my gallery, I am on the first page fifth truck in the old gallery. I do not know where I am in the new one.

It will be a while before I get the bumper done.