• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Curious about new ICON-like Bronco for sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRONCOBERT

A lot of people have mentioned NicksTricks and for good reason his builds are of very good quality, but just wondering what does one of his fully tricked out Bronco's cost? has to be $60000.00 and up.

Jebus

Loc.
Longview, WA
Anybody around Tualatin, OR. Maybe someone could go and look at it?

Urban Gears LLC
21400 Sw 65th Avenue
Tualatin, OR 97062-6745

OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
Anybody around Tualatin, OR. Maybe someone could go and look at it?

Urban Gears LLC
21400 Sw 65th Avenue
Tualatin, OR 97062-6745

Someone earlier in the thread posted saying they lived in the area and had stopped by, seen good things... but their profile said they're from Tualatin, which isn't a very big town, so I got mildly suspicious.

OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
First off, Welcome I think you came to the right site to get your questions answered. You will find out that a lot of us bought first then asked questions, so you are going about this the right way. I would also think twice about buying a bronco before moving it across country. Nick is in North Carolina and a lot closer to you after you move. He will build you what you want and I think it is at the very least, worth a phone call.

Thanks, appreciate the warm welcome! I'm really tempted to start a new thread for advice because I'm pretty well convinced to not go with the RideUG bronco. Seems like I could spend an identical amount of money with Nick and get much better quality.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Someone earlier in the thread posted saying they lived in the area and had stopped by, seen good things... but their profile said they're from Tualatin, which isn't a very big town, so I got mildly suspicious.

That was me. I have no affiliation with UG. I use to live a few miles away from his shop and after he bought my friends Bronco, I stopped by.

No crazy hidden agenda here

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Thanks, appreciate the warm welcome! I'm really tempted to start a new thread for advice because I'm pretty well convinced to not go with the RideUG bronco. Seems like I could spend an identical amount of money with Nick and get much better quality.

I don't think the truck you posted about appears to be poor quality, but it is the kind of thing you need to look at in person to determine. As was posted earlier about Nick, I have no idea what he charges, could be 20k or 120k for all I know, both are out of my price point. But a call to Nick and you can sort some stuff out. I would plan on 12 to 15 k to start for just a decent truck as a good base and go from there, so 40k or more is not out of the realm of possibilities since you need to pay for the builders labor as well as whatever upgrades go into it. I have seen several of his trucks and I certainly would not mind owning one of them.

KBUCK1

Here is 2 photos from ther site. Look at the hinges on the tire carrier. The roll bar padding looks like foam pipe insulation.

Attachments

• roll cage.jpg
    roll cage.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 176
  • tire carrier.jpg
    tire carrier.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 201
OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
Here is 2 photos from ther site. Look at the hinges on the tire carrier. The roll bar padding looks like foam pipe insulation.

Yep, I'm no mechanic but those are the type of fishy things that caught my eye and made me realize I really needed some expert advice. You guys have come through x10, I couldn't be happier with the amazing response I've gotten.

I'm planning to call Nick's tomorrow to start a dialogue with them... I'll be sure to keep you all posted on whatever direction I head in. I'm just eager to join the EB family!

OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
Here's the latest build. This is the one he bought from a friend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973...ars_Trucks&hash=item43bc1731b5#ht_2940wt_1064

Interestingly, they didnt have a lot of that engine information up yesterday or earlier today, so maybe they saw this thread and updated things haha.

For everyone else, here are the new specs they posted:

• REMANUFACTURED 302 ENGINE BY GEARHEAD ENGINES (www.gearheadengines.com)
  • Carries a 2 year unlimited mile warranty.

The Building Process
  • There are over 150 Processes involved in remanufacturing each engine that we sell. Our engines are designed to meet or exceed O.E. specifications.

Featured Procedures include:
  • Engine Blocks are magnafluxed, cylinders bored and precision-honed, and main saddles line-honed to exacting O.E. specifications
  • Camshaft Bearings line-bored for accurate center-to-center clearance
  • Engine blocks and cylinder heads precision surfaced to insure proper sealing
  • Cylinder Heads magnafluxed or dye checked and machined for three-angle valve seats
  • Crankshafts stress-relieved, precision ground and micro-polished for optimum durability and surface finish
  • Camshafts are precision ground or replaced with new to maintain O.E. profile
  • Each engine is tested for compression, oil pressure, oil leaks, unusual engine noise and general operating condition before shipment.
  • Pistons and connecting rod assemblies are balanced in sets to achieve minimum engine vibration
  • Piston rings, wrist pins, and wrist pin bushings are replaced with new
  • Oil pump or Oil pump kit is supplied with each engine
  • Premium Installation gasket kit is supplied with each engine (unless otherwise noted)
  • Only brand name internal components used in each engine
  • All bearings are replaced with new
  • Timing belts, chains, and gears are replaced with new
  • All rubber products are O.E. quality (i.e. main seals, valve stem seals, cam seals)
  • A majority of the engines that we sell are built in a ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 certified facility
  • Rebuilt Automatic Ford C4 Transmission
  • New Oil Pan, Chrome Valve Covers and Timing Cover
  • New Carburetor
  • New Distributor
  • New Radiator

I'll leave it up to you all how this affects your impression of the car...

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Interestingly, they didnt have a lot of that engine information up yesterday or earlier today, so maybe they saw this thread and updated things haha.

For everyone else, here are the new specs they posted:

• REMANUFACTURED 302 ENGINE BY GEARHEAD ENGINES (www.gearheadengines.com)
  • Carries a 2 year unlimited mile warranty.

The Building Process
  • There are over 150 Processes involved in remanufacturing each engine that we sell. Our engines are designed to meet or exceed O.E. specifications.

Featured Procedures include:
  • Engine Blocks are magnafluxed, cylinders bored and precision-honed, and main saddles line-honed to exacting O.E. specifications
  • Camshaft Bearings line-bored for accurate center-to-center clearance
  • Engine blocks and cylinder heads precision surfaced to insure proper sealing
  • Cylinder Heads magnafluxed or dye checked and machined for three-angle valve seats
  • Crankshafts stress-relieved, precision ground and micro-polished for optimum durability and surface finish
  • Camshafts are precision ground or replaced with new to maintain O.E. profile
  • Each engine is tested for compression, oil pressure, oil leaks, unusual engine noise and general operating condition before shipment.
  • Pistons and connecting rod assemblies are balanced in sets to achieve minimum engine vibration
  • Piston rings, wrist pins, and wrist pin bushings are replaced with new
  • Oil pump or Oil pump kit is supplied with each engine
  • Premium Installation gasket kit is supplied with each engine (unless otherwise noted)
  • Only brand name internal components used in each engine
  • All bearings are replaced with new
  • Timing belts, chains, and gears are replaced with new
  • All rubber products are O.E. quality (i.e. main seals, valve stem seals, cam seals)
  • A majority of the engines that we sell are built in a ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 certified facility
  • Rebuilt Automatic Ford C4 Transmission
  • New Oil Pan, Chrome Valve Covers and Timing Cover
  • New Carburetor
  • New Distributor
  • New Radiator

I'll leave it up to you all how this affects your impression of the car...

Again one has to wonder why they did not go the extra 1/4 of a mile and go to EFI, it does not make a whole lot of sense to do that much work to an engine and not go EFI, same with putting a C4 in it, for the price of a good rebuilt C4 you can go to a modern transmission. Again that does not make it a bad build, it just indicated where their priorities where and that was on the aesthetics (Many times that is the most expensive part). The new pictures posted are telling though, the rear bumper is stock and that tire carrier will not hold that size tire for long. For the price one would expect an armored bumper with an integrated carrier. The nerf bars are bolt on and wont last in any real wheeling situation, one would expect rock sliders. Another thing I noticed is the speedo changes between pictures, so some pictures are old or the speedo got swapped.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Fame off customs and restored Broncos will cost that or even much more if done right to have one done.

I know we have had more than $40K just in parts for some of our original restos as well as a street modified I built for another list member (and that one was 8 years ago), and no, it did not have fuel injection either %) as many seem to think is a requirement for any rig over $20K I guess.

BRONCOBERT

Ya I don't understand the whole EFI or its not worth more then 20 thousand I cant remember many of NicksTricks Bronco's being EFI and they are probably twice that price.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Ya I don't understand the whole EFI or its not worth more then 20 thousand I cant remember many of NicksTricks Bronco's being EFI and they are probably twice that price.

For me function trumps form, and I agree the worth of a vehicle is debatable based on the features and I agree that they probably have every pennies worth wrapped up in this truck. But to me when you get past $25k you are getting to the price of a truck that you should not have to touch and to me EFI would be one of those items that need to be there for the truck to be complete. I would also argue for most drivers and not wrenchers EFI is a better option and therefore should probably be there. EFI when properly installed is more idiot proof from a vehicle operators perspective. I don't build these trucks for a living so I am sure builders have a better formula for what sells than I do, but knowing what I know, I would expect to see EFI if I where putting down over 30k on one of these trucks, and I personally would walk away if it did not have it or it could not be thrown into the deal.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
How much for the mirror package?

That's funny, I had to scroll back and look. Maybe It's $39k as it sits $45k if you want mirrors added? Kidding aside, looks nice but I would expect EFI for that money.

Mike.thespike

Loc.
Powell River B.C
for that price it would have to have a super charger on it strait carb na efi a must and yeh paint job makes everything look nice I would think in the 15 to 20k myself but that's just me if I was paying for a that kind of price it would have to have a hard core v8 race motor with some serious power and axles to with it

Broncitis

MEB Founder
For me function trumps form, and I agree the worth of a vehicle is debatable based on the features and I agree that they probably have every pennies worth wrapped up in this truck. But to me when you get past $25k you are getting to the price of a truck that you should not have to touch and to me EFI would be one of those items that need to be there for the truck to be complete. I would also argue for most drivers and not wrenchers EFI is a better option and therefore should probably be there. EFI when properly installed is more idiot proof from a vehicle operators perspective. I don't build these trucks for a living so I am sure builders have a better formula for what sells than I do, but knowing what I know, I would expect to see EFI if I where putting down over 30k on one of these trucks, and I personally would walk away if it did not have it or it could not be thrown into the deal.

EFI can always be added, but half ass body work and overall craftsmanship tends to stay forever.

I look more at how solid the vehicle is, how well it was constructed and at what detail level. Things like tires and wheels, bumpers, etc. can easily be switched, and EFI can also be added, either in a factory Mustang style, or even easier with units like the Atomic.

I just find it funny how some see this as mandatory on all rigs over $XX,ooo, but I see all kinds of half ass built rigs (with or without EFI) regularly sell for significant amounts. To me, EFI is an option or accessory, not the bones of the vehicle.

EFI has is advantages, but carbs work well when set up properly (on AND off road). I have probably seen about as many EFI related breakdowns on the trail from EFI conversions as I have carb issues. The difference being, the carb issues are often easier to fix on the trail (adjust floats or needle valves, etc. with the most basic of tools) than tracking down a wire, computer or sensor issue.

Dlish

Or check out the classifieds on the right coast..

"Hyghlndr" has a few for sale in the following post, and I think I saw he just got another one in the collection too. May be better to find something where you are going to be living and glad you have decided to check out the east coast alternatives for builds and vendors.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221223

People have commented on the bumper, to me it looks like they took a Jeep bumper and modified it to fit the Bronco frame. It looks too narrow and really wouldnt protect the corners of the body at all. Even on their website, the rest of the bronco pictures, all the bumpers look like modular 3 piece for a jeep that were put on a bronco and tagged with a new "UG" logo they had made. Their signature lower front and rear skid plates that show up on all the broncos also really dont look like they would function at all.

(And a hello from the philly burbs, girlfriends parents have a place at the DE beaches and I spend a good amount of time in MD on the eastern shore/Chestertown areas. Hope the move back is smooth for you)

Last edited:

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
:eek: Hard to believe. Even gathering a team of a dozen of the best Bronco builders on this site (and there are plenty on Classic here) would be hard pressed to do a complete restoration in 2-3 weeks without cutting corners (at any price). It ain't a hollywood magic building these things.
However, if they are doing it, good for them. But like Todd Z. said, change the fire factory, air cleaner asap. ;)

Judging from what the owner said RE inventory, it sounds like they're putting one of these broncos out every 2-3 weeks.

timhorr

chicken

Chicken...i went thru the same process you are currently contemplating.. i ended up having a group build one for me...too long for email...if you care to discuss, let me know..i did a little homework on urbangear but not enough to get comfortable (that's more of a reflection on me, not them)...i went with TheBroncoRanch.com i still haven't put pics of the process or the final build on classicbronco.com but i tend to be lazy. most the guys on this site would call me nuts for spending the amount of $$$ i spent on the build but i'm happy with the result. i also have a buddy right up the road from you looking for a bronco (he's in Hillsborough).

Status
Not open for further replies.