• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Curious about new ICON-like Bronco for sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well sorry to lose you so soon! But hey, the members here are all over, so you won't have any trouble keeping the info coming.

And not that I'm your mother... But it seems kind of sketchy to buy one just before you move all the way across the country. Kind of hard to take care of any issues that might arise.
That's just my cautious side talking of course. But it's my only side, so I use it a lot!

Good luck.
Here's Herman's thread. I misspelled his handle though. It's NY-Bronco (with a dash), but found it by Advanced Search threads started by him. And you should see the list! He's gone from new owner (or "what's a Bronco?") to prolific writer and Bronco-mechanic-customizer in a very short time.
Enjoy.

The initial inquiry: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167338
The big trip: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167500

and some later adventures: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168206

If you look at the list of his mods in later months, it's a real crackup. From what looked to be a super clean and "complete" Bronco, to $50,000,000 bucks worth of mods and add-ons later...

Good reading.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, I just can't help myself...

Some more good reading:

If you didn't already like Broncos, this would make you an instant convert: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205881

Right below your thread today: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221355

Ok, that's enough. Should keep you busy until your move.
And I'll let you know if any local groups get together in the next couple of weeks before your move.
Might be fun to get up close and personal with some nice rigs to see exactly what you should be looking for. And looking out for.

Paul

u10072

Bronco Guru
sorry man but that is just a simply a truck full of bolt on parts, some nice paint and powdercoating-- if the rest of it isn't new or FULLY reconditioned-- you are going to have a nice paint job that is going to have a million stupid problems. Just look at the battery cables, brake line, fuel line, poor routing of the wires, vac hoses everywhere, no clamps on the loom- just to name a few. This will tell you the quality of the build on the "inside" where you don't typically look.

OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
And not that I'm your mother... But it seems kind of sketchy to buy one just before you move all the way across the country. Kind of hard to take care of any issues that might arise.
That's just my cautious side talking of course. But it's my only side, so I use it a lot!

Don't worry, I wouldn't be driving it cross-country... just stopping by "on my way out" to take a peek at the quality/build. I'd have it shipped to my final destination, just obviously want to look at whatever it is I'm buying before dropping $30k+. I'll be living at the beaches in Delaware and would love to buy local but quality builds don't seem to be as numerous around the mid-atlantic area.

Also, I REALLY appreciate the links you provided... I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and curl up with them right now haha.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Chicken - I agree with the others here that this particular one isn't the best way to spend your money.

It might be helpful if you could post some more details about what you are looking for in a Bronco....type of build, price range, budget, interested in doing any work at all or turn key,what you'll be using it for, etc.etc. With this information, the wise folks of this site can likely give you better direction.

If you're moving to DE and have the funds to do it, check out Nick's Trix. His builds are absolute top of the line first class stuff. He's in NC so not too far from where you'll be, and the timing might just fortuitous enough for him to have it ready sometime near your arrival!

This link here should provide plenty of eye candy. I'm fairly certain I've scrolled through the photos from each of those builds at least a few times hunting for ideas and inspirations since buying my Bronco last year.

Good luck in your search, and enjoy your dinner! Chicken stir fry? :)

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
HAHAHA

I have that same air cleaner on my ride except the PO was nice enogh to beat the shit out of the hood brace rather than dent up such a fine piece of equipment like that Edelbrock air cleaner....Hell of a nice looking ride though.

I personally could not ride around in something that someone else put together. not my style but if you got the bucks and the gut for it, I'm sure it would be fun.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
did anyone notice the aircleaner pounded down in the center? Must be to clear the hood? lol

First thing I noticed! :). And tenderized or not, those filters make great firestarters.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
Chicken - I agree with the others here that this particular one isn't the best way to spend your money.

It might be helpful if you could post some more details about what you are looking for in a Bronco....type of build, price range, budget, interested in doing any work at all or turn key,what you'll be using it for, etc.etc. With this information, the wise folks of this site can likely give you better direction.

If you're moving to DE and have the funds to do it, check out Nick's Trix. His builds are absolute top of the line first class stuff. He's in NC so not too far from where you'll be, and the timing might just fortuitous enough for him to have it ready sometime near your arrival!

This link here should provide plenty of eye candy. I'm fairly certain I've scrolled through the photos from each of those builds at least a few times hunting for ideas and inspirations since buying my Bronco last year.

Good luck in your search, and enjoy your dinner! Chicken stir fry? :)

Fireball, thanks for the input! In response to some of your questions, here's my situation:
  • I'm 29, moving back home to work for the family business, and I'll be living on the Eastern Shore of MD/DE (Delmarva)
  • I'll be using the car as a daily driver there (ideally), with a little bit of over-sand driving at the beaches (no trail-riding, climbing, mudding or anything like that)
  • What I love about the EB is the look of the truck... I've always been attracted to it since I was a kid and I'm ready for formalize that romance, haha. I've got a 10 year old 4Runner that I'm ready to get rid of and I'd love to join the EB Brotherhood with my next vehicle
  • As this EB will be my primary car and I've loved the look of EB's forever, I'd ideally like to make this my primary vehicle for the next 10-15 years, minimum
  • I don't have the tools/equipment to do much major work on the car. I've always been technically inclined but didnt grow up in a family that worked on cars. That being said, I'd love to learn, but I wont be able to do everything I'll ever need on my own.
  • Due to above reasons, I figure whatever I buy needs to be reliable with minimal headaches. Assumed newer components (engine/trans/etc) would be better, but maybe thats not necessarily the case. Essentially, I'm not tied to having anything original... I'd certainly encourage customization & new parts, especially if it boosted reliability, performance and looks.
  • Budget wise, I'm comfortable financially and can confidently spend whatever I feel the car deserves... with the Brotherhood's help! That being said, I'd love to have a performance, great-sounding, EFI engine, though I'm not that interested in a big lift (prob 3.5" at most).
  • Timing wise, I'm not rushed to buy a new car. I can hold onto my 4Runner until I find either the right EB or work with someone to build it. Although... the more I look at EB's and participate on this site, the more I'm getting eager to own one!

More than happy to answer any other questions, and I welcome your input! Also, let me know if I should start a new thread instead and abandon this RideUG one since it's clear it's somewhat irrelevant now :)

ALSO, I had to look over my shoulder because my plan tonight was, in fact, Chicken-stir-fry... friggin' creepy man!

Tuck

At the end of the day, money isn't an issue for me, so I'm trying to find the most intelligent way to spend my dollars on a Bronco that won't give me headaches and won't break down. Any advice on that in general would be appreciated!

As others have eluded to, the Bronco you seek does not exist. Something(s) will definitely break & will give you an Excedrin headache.

If you let on that money isn't a big deal, money will be a big part of the deal...

OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
As others have eluded to, the Bronco you seek does not exist. Something(s) will definitely break & will give you an Excedrin headache.

If that's the case, then is your recommendation to not own an EB as a daily driver? That's ultimately what I'm hoping for... and I'm not saying that minor problems aren't acceptable, I just dont want to be broken down on the side once a month.

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Ok based on everything you just said, call Nicks Trix. You'll get everything you want and they're just down the coast a bit. Spend 15 mins on his website and you'll see....

Tuck

Shouldn't be often, but it isn't unheard of. These things are pretty old, not just in parts, but in technology too. I drive my beater 72 fairly frequently & have had good luck from it, but I know the day is coming. Having said that, I'd NEVER discourage Bronco ownership unless I knew the guy needed to put his money elsewhere, like a kid making minimum wage with a pregnant wife.

Oddly enough, the breaks & fixes are just part of the Bronco life & aren't looked down on like they would be with a newer car...like an 07 Honda Civic that just had the AC crap out..Honda has good cars, but also has the crappiest AC in the industry. That's for a different thread though.

BTW, listen to what these guys are saying about NicksTrix. I personally like his builds better than the Icon & it's built to your specs. If he accepted body parts, I'd give one for it...actually, I'm done having kids, so I'd probably give both...

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I see things like this I wonder what the rest of the build is like %) 40 K should buy you a decent air filter and battery cables, it's all in the details to me not the pretty paint and wheels.

Attachments

• 11ef2d195c9d0e0cbd179fe9f75becd7.jpg
    11ef2d195c9d0e0cbd179fe9f75becd7.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 170
OP
OP
C

ChickenBronco

Loc.
Bethany Beach
BTW, listen to what these guys are saying about NicksTrix. I personally like his builds better than the Icon & it's built to your specs. If he accepted body parts, I'd give one for it...actually, I'm done having kids, so I'd probably give both...

Thanks Tuck, I've been checking out his site and I'm very interested. I'm actually planning to drive cross-country in the next few weeks and my planned route takes me through Charlotte. I'll try to contact NicksTrix and stop by for a few hours to chat with them.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
When I see things like this I wonder what the rest of the build is like %) 40 K should buy you a decent air filter and battery cables, it's all in the details to me not the pretty paint and wheels.

I agree mechanically it does not look like much was done, that being said the body work looks good and you can see the clouds in the reflection on the paint it looks like they did some pretty good work on the paint and that is one of the most expensive jobs to have done. I agree with the rest of the guys though at that price tag I would expect it to be EFI the drive-train should be pretty modern when you get past 25k.

It looks like they did decent work but it looks like they are paint and body guys, one thing that I have found to be pretty consistent as a tell tale sign of a build (and I hate to post this is a forum) is the tires they put on the build, if they are pretty decent tires then generally the rest of the build is similar if they are the cheap military off-road tires that just look impressive then it's usually a tell tale sign that it's a polished turd.

They are middle of the road tires and it looks like a middle of the road build. It's worth 25-32k until it has EFI and at least a 5 speed auto in it (if it is an auto). With a modern drivetrain it's worth every bit of $50k, there is no reason to go this far and not spend an additional $1500 in parts to modernize the drivetrain. Without it, it severely diminishes the value of the build, because it's almost there but not quite.

That's the only thing I really question on this build, money was spent on the HID/LED lights and not on EFI, which indicated when the chips are down polish was more important than function it's a balancing act but little things like that give you an indication of what was prioritized in the build.

Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
(Note: apologies if anyone has posted about this car before... I did my best to search and couldnt find anything!)

Hi guys, just registered because I'd love to get some input from you experts on whether this ICON-like Bronco I've seen for sale is really worth the price.

The Bronco is made by a company in Washington State called "Urban Gears" and their website can be found at http://rideug.com/. Everything looks to be brand new and custom on it, which is what I'm looking for in my future purchase. My only hesitation is the price point... the owner has quoted me on $39-45k depending on options. That seems like a HECK of a lot of money for a custom build, even if everything in the car is brand-spanking new.

b8509cd3dd716925811a3ddb86341457.jpg

db3daecb8417e9d5fad296b0114af5b4.jpg

11ef2d195c9d0e0cbd179fe9f75becd7.jpg

d73b90477d6cd35e20d29e30cb49bad5.jpg

Gallery of Bronco images
Gallery of Restore Process

Here's a list of what they say they've included:

NEW 302 ENGINE

• New Oil Pan, Chrome Valve Covers and Timing Cover
  • New Carburetor
  • New Distributor
  • New Radiator

EQUIPPED WITH

• New High Quality Gun Metal Grey Paint
  • New Dakota Digital Red Led Instrument Cluster
  • New 3 1/2 Suspension Lift (Coils and Springs)
  • New Front Disc Brakes (Rotors, Calipers, Spindles, Brake Lines)
  • New Warn Hubs
  • New Shocks
  • New Set of Five Pro Comp 7089 Wheels
  • New Set of Five Mickey Thompson Tires
  • New Urban Gears Designed Front Bumper
  • New Soft Top with Tinted Windows
  • New High Back Front Seats
  • New Dual Action Folding Rear Seat
  • New Carpet Throughout
  • New Custom Rubber Floor Mats
  • New Locking Center Console
  • New Steering Wheel
  • New Water Pump
  • New Fuel Pump
  • New HID Headlights with LED Halos
  • Power Steering Box
  • Power Brake Booster
  • New Stainless Steel Door Panels
  • New Weather Stripping Throughout
  • Complete Body Rust Seal
  • Complete Undercoating
  • New Interior Quarter Panel Inserts
  • New Front and Rear Three Point Seat Belts
  • New Inner Door Handles and Cups
  • New Taillight Lenses
  • New Front Signal Lenses with LED’s
  • New Dash Knobs
  • New Window Door Felts
  • New Sun Visors and Wiper Covers
  • New Windshield Wipers
  • New Windshield Washer Bottle
  • New Radiator Overflow Bottle

BOTTOM LINE QUESTION: What's the real retail value of a car like this? I expect $39-45k is ludicrous, but is $30k reasonable? $25k? I'd love to know what I should shoot for in discussing with owner.

Many thanks!
I will have close to thirty in one with less new stuff.

No, this is not ludicrous.

I would think a completely new vehicle as described would be offered for around $50,000

This specifics vehicle value? tBD, not enough pics presented to decide.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Well sorry to lose you so soon! But hey, the members here are all over, so you won't have any trouble keeping the info coming.

Good luck.

Paul

Ok based on everything you just said, call Nicks Trix. You'll get everything you want and they're just down the coast a bit. Spend 15 mins on his website and you'll see....

First off, Welcome I think you came to the right site to get your questions answered. You will find out that a lot of us bought first then asked questions, so you are going about this the right way. I would also think twice about buying a bronco before moving it across country. Nick is in North Carolina and a lot closer to you after you move. He will build you what you want and I think it is at the very least, worth a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.