• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Custom speaker enclosures

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Wow it seems like this thread is dead. I have been searching for rear sub ideas forever and i just came accross this. Has anyone had anything made that is worth the effort? I just got a new Balie Bilt cage and love it (thanks Gordon!!). Now I am looking for interior quarter lanels to complete the interior. It will be tricky because of the tubing (which I want!!). I know, this is a feeble attempt to resurrect the dead.

BroncoMZ

browngr5, please PM me. I'd like to buy a set. Thanks.

Last edited:

RPM289

Awesome work!!!!!!!! Do you have anything for weatherproof applications? Will be running Full bikini top and no doors on my rig.

BroncoMZ

I'm having a hard time finding local guys (northern Virginia) to do custom fiberglass work. If there is anyone on this forum who has the skills, or can recommend someone to make interior quarter panels with speaker enclosures, please let me know.

Image from the beginning of this thread. Looking for similar design to this. Thanks.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Bronco Hut sells some for the kick panel and doors which are made by a member here JAZ. Look him up he might be interested in doing this. He is in Colorado...I think he is on this forum but if not he is on Colorado Classic Broncos forum.

suckerpunched

i am about 2/3 of the way through making a pair based of this thread. I plan on finishing them up in the next month or so because i want to put the interior and cage back in my Bronco and the boxes need to go in first. I am no fiberglass expert by any means. I have a bunch of time into them and probably close to$500 in materials by the time they get painted. was a real PITA. But i think they will be nice when they are done.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I've been working around the clock to get this job finished. Here is some shots of the slim line rear speaker boxes coverd in vinyl.
The front kicks are covered in lizzard skin. The sound quality is outstanding.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Whose Bronco is this? I have to see more!!!

suckerpunched

Attachments

• 20170916_142227.jpg
    20170916_142227.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 20170913_162521.jpg
    20170913_162521.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 20170913_162510.jpg
    20170913_162510.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 189

jlawyer

This thread resurfaces once a year or so and there seems to be a fair bit of demand. I would love to buy a set of these if someone was making them.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
i made a set identical to the first pics in this post to hold a set of 6.5" in front of the wheel and a set of 12" subs behind the wheel. Right above the middle of the wheel well i made a area to hold small items like a phone as well as a cup holder. Took me a shit ton of time and materials. Fiberglassing was long winded as was the body work necessary to bring them to a paint stage. But what better way to house $1500 worth of speakers. All i got left is mounting them to the body in a few locations and then paint them.

I wasnt actually ready to tackle building these glass enclosures but im in need of a family style roll cage. Once the cage is built you can no longer access the area needed to make the speaker enclosures. So step one in building a roll cage was to first build speaker enclosures. Sad but true. That my friends is a bronco snowball in reverse!

BroncoMZ

i made a set identical to the first pics in this post to hold a set of 6.5" in front of the wheel and a set of 12" subs behind the wheel. Right above the middle of the wheel well i made a area to hold small items like a phone as well as a cup holder. Took me a shit ton of time and materials. Fiberglassing was long winded as was the body work necessary to bring them to a paint stage. But what better way to house $1500 worth of speakers. All i got left is mounting them to the body in a few locations and then paint them.

I wasnt actually ready to tackle building these glass enclosures but im in need of a family style roll cage. Once the cage is built you can no longer access the area needed to make the speaker enclosures. So step one in building a roll cage was to first build speaker enclosures. Sad but true. That my friends is a bronco snowball in reverse!

bknbronco - can you please post some pics of your enclosures?

Last edited:

gregreed

Made these to accommodate the roll bar. Ain't know way the guy making those really nice ones can charge enough!

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 323