• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Custom speaker enclosures

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Prices would be nice. At least a ball park base price even.

Looks like and early 60s pickup style parking brake. Pull it out to set the brake then twist the handle downward to release it.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Here is the parking brake we used in this build. We had to rotate the cable end but it fits really nice.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-66-PARKING-BRAKE-ASSEMBLY-P483.aspx

Browngr5-Hey good stuff! I like that its $69. I'm sure there is more to it than that. If you don't mind I would like to PM you wen I get back in the states. This is one conversion I would like to put on my 72 body when I begin to restore it. Thx a bunch!

Sorry for the hijack but 1,000s of us want the skinny on prices!!! ;D

JacksonEOD

As I have been planning a system for my bronco, I have been avidly following this thread. Those slim line boxes look great! It's been a while since any updates. What's the word Browngr5? Have you figured out a price range?

ericbee

As the original customer I can tell you that they are absolutely awesome. They fit perfectly, Tony actually tunes the volume of the enclosure to match the specs of the speaker going into it. Its the one thing on the truck that I would do exactly the same all over again.

I cannot speak to his pricing, but he had 3 more sets of front floor pods made the last time I saw him.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Subscribing to this tread! I love those low profile panels, you do great work! Gotta have some in the future.

JacksonEOD

Resurrection attempt. Any new news? I want some of these bad boys!

Also, as far as the sound system. Where did you end up mounting the amp for the subs? How did you guys route the wiring? Trying to think of an out of the way location to run the wiring and mount the amp or amps in a carpet-less vehicle... Thanks.

ericbee

You guys are going to have to contact Tony as he is the one who made them but, as the owner I can attest to their awesomeness and he did a phenomenal job.

The crossovers are all mounted inside the fiberglass enclosure. If you need to get to the crossovers then you just unscrew one of the speakers from the enclosure but, I have not had any need to do so as they were installed and adjusted correctly from the get go.

I have a tuffy center console and the amp was mounted below the box, on the floorboard but, hidden by the tuffy. It is very trick and the tuffy was mounted on 2 inch risers to allow for clearance and air flow and the amp was also mounted on rubber grommets just in case water was to run down the floors it wouldnt touch the wiring and short out the amp.

I am also carpet less.

BRONCOBERT

I did something similar yet simpler with fiberglass and it was a lot of work. I am interested in the front speaker pods how much are those. Not sure what to do about the emergency break though.
SAM_7311_zps10c8db40.jpg

BRONCOBERT

How are you guys running wires with no carpet or vinyl floor, When I wired my system I had a ton of wires to hide and stereo Guru talked me out of running them out side the cab, so I used a vinyl floor to hide them.

hammer

Bronco Guru
How are you guys running wires with no carpet or vinyl floor, When I wired my system I had a ton of wires to hide and stereo Guru talked me out of running them out side the cab, so I used a vinyl floor to hide them.

What was his reasoning for not running them outside the cab?

Only other way really is to go through the roll cage. I can't see that option being much fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

kiteoregon

I am thinking about the same issue, where to run wiring. The cage is an option, if you go there, here is a tip, drill the holes where you want the wire to enter / exit. Seal any other holes the best you can with electrical tape. Use thread some fishing line with a piece of scotch tape on the end into the first hole. Connect your shop vac to the other end and seal it with duct tape. Turn it on and you should be able to now feed the fishing line though the pipe fairly easily. This is how i did it on my wakeboard tower.

backpain

Bronco Guru
I've been working around the clock to get this job finished. Here is some shots of the slim line rear speaker boxes coverd in vinyl.
The front kicks are covered in lizzard skin. The sound quality is outstanding.

So, my bed is coated in multiple layers of coatings and sound deadeners (probably build up to almost an 1/8th" in total). Can you make ones that will fit without having the vehicle in house (i.e. how much clearance to leave on the inside . . .?)?

Trooper1276

Loc.
San Antonio TX
I did something similar this week. I got some inside quarters from Tom's, made a bracket, cut a hole and made it happen. I also installed Tom's carpet kit so I had no problems hiding the wires. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348171296.073157.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348171318.780748.jpg

BRONCOBERT

What was his reasoning for not running them outside the cab?

Only other way really is to go through the roll cage. I can't see that option being much fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

Well one thing he was worried about is some of these amp wires or cables carry a lot of juice so should be protected as best as possible, the second thing is I was running wires for five speakers and 3 amps plus two subs so thats a lot of holes to drill for wires exiting the cab and returning back into the cab. each Chanel has a pair of RCA cables running from the deck to the amp and each speaker has a pair of wires running to it, each amp has a power cable and a ground cable plus remote wire. It takes a lot of wires to run a nice stereo.

Trooper1276

Loc.
San Antonio TX
Bracket

I fabbed up a bracket out of L stock. The screws go through the speaker, the card stock and then the bracket. It's solid and rattle free....so far.