• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DD/Trail pony Early Bronco build **Cobra EFI it LIVES**

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the same hand throttle, works good for launching boats with a standard also.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have the same hand throttle, works good for launching boats with a standard also.

It works really smooth! I was concerned about the extra "drag" of another cable but with Vaccum on the blades it is very responsive.

I was going to take pics and post them today but I drove my Tow rig and not the EB today.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I drilled a hole in the top of the throttle linkage and then bolted the cable end to my BC throttle cable bracket. I used hardware that was in the kit. The cable end was secured to the vinyl cable cover using JB weld. You could crimp it if you had the tool. The cable stop is one I had laying around from a Lokar cable.

Then the cable just goes through one of the 6k holes in the firewal I hae and to the shifter.

Cable is then secured to the gear banger shifter using super high tech zip ties. The brake lever supplied with the kit has brackets that bolt right onto the shift lever. There is even a screw at the bottom so you can fine tune slack. Hell not like I would recommend it but you could adjust the Idle from the drivers seat with that screw.

Total cost of parts: 11 dollars

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Bike-Cali...+bicycle+brake

Attachments

• IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Also the parts fairy came by my desk at work. A guy rebuilt an exploder 5.0 and did not want the upper or lower or the harness. Cost to me? Lets just say it was cheap.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Last carb parts came in. She runs good and strong picking up the drivers side fender from all the torque at WOT but I had to make a few upgrades. I tossed on Mikes carbs super thick flange gasket to be safe and I replaced the old plastic float with a new brass one as well as a new accelerator pump that does not leak fuel all over the place! I have a lot of little small jobs to pull off before it goes on the trailer for hot springs in a little over a week. I'm going to go pick up some toob tomorrow to start work on a nifty thing to keep me out of the trees.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Had to add a jack mount on the drivers side slider, there is no room for a 60 inch hi lift when you have a family cage.

Most of the stuff is packed in the rig now it's time to pack the tow rig and get outa dodge.

Attachments

• jack mount.jpg
    jack mount.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
OCBR went well. This year however I broke two driver side U joints in two days one of which resulted in a crushed pass side door. I mulled it over a lot and I have decided that a full width 9 and 60 are on the menu. Looks like all my play time and other hobbies are going to take a break!

Why a 9? because I already have a detroit 31 spline center I can drop in and run until I can do 35 spline. Once it is 35 spline it will be as strong as a stock 14 bolt. Also the 9 offers less weight and more ground clearance. The 60 front which I am yet to acquire, will be turned and machined to 5 on 5.5 to save money on new wheels.

Right now the plan is to bolt the axles in place of the current setup but that is all depending on what type of 60 I get. I may need to sell my West coast arms and go Duff or make my own 3 link.