• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DD/Trail pony Early Bronco build **Cobra EFI it LIVES**

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Got home from work with a nice box to open, Harness is as good in person as in pics. Everything is perfect and it all fits like a glove. I gave the engine harness all plugged in and the upper intake/TB installed, timing set and all the old shit taken out. I'm hoping to get the rest of it knocked out but I'm still waiting for a few select parts in the mail.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Ok, so the only things that are not hooked up: clutch switch, brake switch, vss. Everything else is hooked up, I ran a hot to the 12v hot in on the dash harness and turned over the motor. I have spark! the only problem I have is the fuel pump not kicking on, I primed the fuel system before I cranked it over, I have the plugs out now and I could smell gas so I have reason to believe the injectors are firing and everything else is working. The only thing I am not certain on is the fuel pump. Tomorrow if I get done with work soon enough I'll come home and wire the computer in for good through the ignition, toss in some plugs and water and see what happens.

Here is a crappy engine bay cell pic and a few pics of the throttle bracket I had to make. for the 36 inch lokar cable for the throttle. I know 36 is a bit long but I wanted a zero bind setup.

Attachments

• IMAG0826.jpg
    IMAG0826.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0827 (1).jpg
    IMAG0827 (1).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0828.jpg
    IMAG0828.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 89

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice job on the harness! Came out pretty good compared to what he started with! :eek: Lookin forward to hearing it run.

Also, love the chain steps that you came up with. Should work great off roading so long as they don't get hooked on anything. ;D

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Nice job on the harness! Came out pretty good compared to what he started with! :eek: Lookin forward to hearing it run.

Also, love the chain steps that you came up with. Should work great off roading so long as they don't get hooked on anything. ;D

Thanks! They work really well and I have not snagged anything yet. I got the idea from Robert Pendarvis's bronco.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rigged it just enough to get it running and see what happens, I have not fixed the fuel relay but what the hey lets try it and it fired right up! Now the bummer is it's super rich! like call the epa rich. I checked the FPR and it's not letting fuel into the intake. I have not timed it yet and yes the spout is removed. Other than the timing being off I cannot think what would cause this.

Sensors I have hooked up:
ECT
IAT
remote TFI
MAF
TPS
O2

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Sooooo after hitting it with the timing light I noticed that the spout advanced the hell out of it. I shut it down, unplugged the spout, retarded it a ton, plugged the spout back in and started it. This with the PCV removed "huge vacuum leak" and the IAC behind the filter fixed most of it. It is still advanced a bit with the spout plugged in and does backfire a bit but it Idles waaaaay better and the high idle drops after start up. I think that a bit of driving and a custom tune will help a crapload.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
After work I got started on the new gauge cluster, the bottom left of the panel will be where I put the bronco script. I am thinking about doing some acid dipping so the polished bronco script is raised and the rest is nice and matte finished. I read that a good compound for this is one part peroxide two parts HCL.

Attachments

• IMAG0836.jpg
    IMAG0836.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0837.jpg
    IMAG0837.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
New gauge pod for the bronco, polished letters cut out and clear coated, rest will be acid dipped.

Attachments

• IMAG0836.jpg
    IMAG0836.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0837.jpg
    IMAG0837.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0838.jpg
    IMAG0838.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Acid etched dash cluster is done.

Attachments

• 893506_10151398843303208_1997928476_o.jpg
    893506_10151398843303208_1997928476_o.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
hahaha thanks

So one small problem, actually two. I shut off the lift pump and it stays running, now this should reduce the line pressure of the return by about a shit ton, still backfires...

Two I built the gauge cluster with this oil pres gauge: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-122264/overview/

And it pegs out at 150 psi when the motor is running. I used the sending unit that is stock for 95 cobra, a sending unit came with the gauge but I am not sure if I make the swap that it will affect the computer. The sending unit that came with the gauge was much larger than the stock one.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
So it's running really good, only problem is the starting. It will not start with the high pressure pump on, I have to take out the fuse, start it and then put it back while the motor stumbles running on the lift pump. I'm not sure if I have sticky injectors or if it's because the plugs are horribly fouled. Maybe it's both, anyways the power brakes are all hooked up and all I have to do is make lines from the master to the H block and bleed it out.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Took it for a drive, new brakes are nice. Engine still Idles at 12-1500 rpm. I dumped two bottles of seafoam in the tank to free up any stuck injectors but I won't be able to drive it in tomorrow since I'm wearing chucks and it's pretty dirty in there.

I wish I could pull some codes but no money for a scanner yet. WOT yields some really nasty results but if I ease into it it runs great.