• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dealership has put in my order today!

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I called my dealer and he didn't know Jack about the process. Said Ford hadn't given them enough info! Told me he had tried to enter 3 in earlier today but they weren't showing up in the system. Also said system wasn't allowing him to enter Badlands, Wildtrack or First Edition..... worthless because I'm know other dealers are having no issue. Aghhhhhh!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats reamer! I'm still waiting, got an email today from dealer saying they will call me in the next few days.

Norm

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I want to change dealers, I haven't had but one email.from them since July.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ransil

Bronco Guru
I want to change dealers, I haven't had but one email.from them since July.

I would start calling around and ask about their allocation vs orders and get quote before moving.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I called my dealer and he didn't know Jack about the process. Said Ford hadn't given them enough info! Told me he had tried to enter 3 in earlier today but they weren't showing up in the system. Also said system wasn't allowing him to enter Badlands, Wildtrack or First Edition..... worthless because I'm know other dealers are having no issue. Aghhhhhh!

that would suck... dealer that don't know jack lol

GloNDark

Placed my order last night for my First Edition. My dealer was pretty knowledgeable with most of the process. But he did say that he was hearing minimum of 6 months one they start producing the reserved broncos.

They had 543 Broncos allocated to them and I managed to be #7 on the list which is pretty awesome. The dealership owner wasn't even able to get a First Edition reserved.

Ordered Lightning Blue with the Black Leather/Vinyl trimmed interior, Rock rails and Winch options added on.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I called a dealer up the the road today, I'm moving my reservation there. The place I did have it has only called me once since I made the reservation. Two Rivers Ford in Mt. Juliet was happy to take my order. He said they had 300 allotment, not sure where I'll fit in, but I want the Wildtrak so I figure it will be 2022 before I get it anyway.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got an E-mail from Ford Corp,,.... Order accepted, Order #81**

There was even a price adjustment from the original build site, 4 grand less!

ransil

Bronco Guru
Just came back from ordering mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
My "new" dealer that switched to because the previous dealership had refused to answer questions and return calls, has now gone dark also lol.

tbruz

Contributor
My selected dealership contacted me Friday and set up an appointment for 1/23 to select my options.
We "built" my order yesterday and will submit to Ford on Monday.
UPDATE: Order confirmation received from FORD on Monday.

Couple of points to note:

1) they showed me a FORD memo to dealerships that stated: ""...due to excessive demand, selecting the following options could[/I] lead to extended wait times for delivery: 2.7L engine, Sasquatch package, 2-door,hard top, leather, lux package" which was basically everything that I ordered.

The following options are at "free demand": Big Bend, 4-door,2.3L soft tops.

2) My dealership has 120 orders for Broncos; Their allocation has been set at 30, due to the reservation system my number is 12; So i'll get the 12th unit of the 30 they are allocated; 90 other orders(120-30) are destined to become 2022 units unless someone from the first 30 passes. Hoping that due to my early position in the ordering, my order can be built as ordered and not affected by item 1 above.

3) the dealer threw out some BS about getting a $4K premium over the build price. I told him NO and that I would simply move my reservation to another local dealer that has already stated they are not charging a premium, my dealer immediately backed down from their $4k request.

Will see if the order goes into the FORD system cleanly tomorrow.
Regards
Tbruz

Last edited:

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate when they play these games. I hope it goes well for you. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my dealer to get my oder completed. If all those options above cause delays then I guess mine will be delayed too as I am going four door, Sasquatch and 2.7 also.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The dealer told me that their is no ADM or discounts available and will need to put 1000 dollars down at time of order.

tbruz

Contributor
I had to put down $1K at the time I completed my "build" and submitted my order.
Tbruz

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are getting "Hosed" my dealer has already put in my order, and I have a receipt from Ford already, There was NO money exchanged...
Dealer specifically said No deposit is taken by them(Ford)

This might be a private dealer requirement...

I was also told by the dealer "I am first in line to test drive and/or purchase it when it shows up". I can walk away if I don't like it and then they can sell it "off the lot".
If YOU walk, just how long do you this it will be before your $1000 is refunded????

Dannyboy71

Bronco 6G is a great forum with tons of info. Don’t get taken advantage of by shady steelerships! There are a couple dealers offering below invoice pricing.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I placed my order last Wednesday (1/20). I asked the rep what is a reasonable expectation for delivery, given that we upgraded to the 2.7L engine, which is one of the items on delay. He said it would not be in the first production run due to the engine upgrade, but more likely late summer. I'm OK with that as long as they keep us informed and don't play games.

No money changed hands, no contract signed. I asked about a deposit, and he said they had no guidance from Ford asking for a deposit. I'm sure if I didn't take delivery they would just sell it from the lot.

My dealer has Sport with the Outer Banks options in the dealership, said it is sold. They had a Badlands model outside the week before but it was gone on Wednesday.

Now we wait.