• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dealership up charge

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Was in Murfreesboro TN this evening see a 4 door cactus gray badlands sitting on the lot. Lux package non Sasquatch. Sticker had 53k on it, walked around front another little stick. 25k market up. I'm going to send to Ford, doubt they care but doing it anyway. Load of BS!
12922bd1b33ab69f1e411304abf36050.jpg
2d01ee87d95b62ce3f3f2baa4800c69e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's crap! Dealerships may not even know it but they are about to become a thing of the past...and with added charges like this, I say good riddance!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Very common unfortunately. ADM is usually reserved for performance or low build number vehicles so.................the only reason a dealer would do this is to take advantage of Ford screwing up the release and letting them trickle out.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Very common unfortunately. ADM is usually reserved for performance or low build number vehicles so.................the only reason a dealer would do this is to take advantage of Ford screwing up the release and letting them trickle out.
What is ADM?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mebco09

For an additional $25k, you would think they could get someone to type the sticker up.

If I'm going to pay 80 grand, I don't want to look at some sales managers crappy handwriting.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Premiums" have been around for a long time first one I remember seeing was for the first generation Mazda Miata back in the late 80's. Myself I'll wait a year anyhow for the bugs to get worked out but some folks have to have the latest and greatest and that's who they are preying on!!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Article is over a year old and yes there are issues with the new Bronco, Ford ahs always been less than stealer on new vehicle launches. Have no idea about "dropping lines" most of these articles/site really have no idea what's going on and Ford has actually added to the line up in the last year the soon to be release Maverick truck should be a winner we've already had almost as much interest in it as the Bronco, a basic little truck with 4x4 for $25K.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Plus a $20,00 mark up of course... My comment on lines means they have to do something, so dropping a production line is one way, the only way to cut costs.

But come on, $25,000 for a jeep competitor mark up? Folly. Chrysler fiat are going to laugh all the way to the bank selling 50 to 1 jeeps.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I recall ford stating they would not allow dealer mark ups on this truck for first few years? Ah, it was only for reserved brncos not ones sitting on the lot. Let me guess, someone decline taking their bronco with no top..... interesting the article states 21 has to make money for ford or else, as in, they start dropping lineups. https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/ford-to-dealerships-no-markups-on-new-bronco-reservations/

Ford has stated alot of this and that, I don't believe much of it anymore lol.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Plus a $20,00 mark up of course... My comment on lines means they have to do something, so dropping a production line is one way, the only way to cut costs.

But come on, $25,000 for a jeep competitor mark up? Folly. Chrysler fiat are going to laugh all the way to the bank selling 50 to 1 jeeps.

100% agree on cutting their own throats!! and you forgot Peugeot is part owner of that mess now also! We've had a lot of folks come to look at the dealerships Bronco but they need to have some in stock or at least enroute!!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They can get around the Ford mandates by selling it as used if they do a buyback from the original order seller. Happens all the time on the high end stuff. Nothing wrong with marking up for supply and demand. If no ones pays it they will quit so who is the one making a mistake here?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The dealer buy me has a outer banks in stock that the person that ordered backed out of. They have it marked up 10K over sticker. But this is a real plan jane model.