• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dealership has put in my order today!

Tugross302

I went to my dealer today. We converted the reservation to an order. He’s not promising anything with the changes and limitations ford has done. I was the third earliest reservation he has and he expects an allocation of 10 in the first production run of 3 months. Anyway. He gave me copies of the dealer installed options list he has so far. His dealer rep says there may be some changes to that later. I know they’re hard to read because the print is so small but here ya go.

Attachments

• B1300DCA-3BC6-439A-AD3F-CA0208E651BF.jpg
    B1300DCA-3BC6-439A-AD3F-CA0208E651BF.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 23
  • E0D50DE2-AC88-4920-B07D-AED62BB7220E.jpg
    E0D50DE2-AC88-4920-B07D-AED62BB7220E.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 9056592C-31DC-4C51-9EDE-CD2E34312E35.jpg
    9056592C-31DC-4C51-9EDE-CD2E34312E35.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 3F3F2641-1460-4C4E-A2ED-8BD83C7DDFC6.jpg
    3F3F2641-1460-4C4E-A2ED-8BD83C7DDFC6.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ACD3466C-5382-4237-88FE-4ABA167D9498.jpg
    ACD3466C-5382-4237-88FE-4ABA167D9498.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 11

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
The dealer told me that their is no ADM or discounts available and will need to put 1000 dollars down at time of order.

I had to put down $1K at the time I completed my "build" and submitted my order.
Tbruz

If your dealer wants a “deposit” do not walk away, RUN AWAY, They are cheating you. As stated you have no commitment to buy when it arrives.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I'm emailing my order in tomorrow, I'll see if I can get him to email me the accessories list and I'll post them. He told me to come by he'd have some Bronco swag for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tugross302

I'm emailing my order in tomorrow, I'll see if I can get him to email me the accessories list and I'll post them. He told me to come by he'd have some Bronco swag for me.

Knock knock knock. Is this thing on? I posted the accessories list ^^^

tbruz

Contributor
If your dealer wants a “deposit” do not walk away, RUN AWAY, They are cheating you. As stated you have no commitment to buy when it arrives.

Please explain how the dealer is "cheating" me?

It comes off of my purchase price if I accept the vehicle and is fully refundable if I choose not to accept the vehicle.

More importantly by virtue of the consideration tendered and accepted (the deposit) on "my" build, that dealer is now bound to not offer that vehicle to someone else.
Tbruz

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He's "bound" by the original build...
Getting the grand back may be the issue, Not likely he'll cut you a check right then and there....

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Reamer is correct the original build request is a contract that is your tailored vehicle that you have the right to walk away from. Which you can still do but now there is money involved and I'm betting they are going to try to use that as the "order" fee if you decide to walk away. Basically they are trying to squeeze an extra Grand out of you, I hate car dealers, most all of them are snakes, there's good ones but for every good one there are 4 bad ones.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Since many of the things I'm looking for are "late delivery" I decided to cancel my reservation and wait it out! Not really upset with Ford as I sort of understand their late delivery reasons with all this COVID still going on. I just decided to not get in the middle of all the frustrations! I'm content to wait a year or 2 and see what ever comes of the Warthog or see what other special editions Ford comes up with. Heritage Edition? Partnering with something like King Ranch or Eddie Bauer? Other?

So color me cancelled! ;D

My dealer did contact timely and tell me I was in the first 10 allocations. He did refund my $100 when I cancelled.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Since many of the things I'm looking for are "late delivery" I decided to cancel my reservation and wait it out! Not really upset with Ford as I sort of understand their late delivery reasons with all this COVID still going on. I just decided to not get in the middle of all the frustrations! I'm content to wait a year or 2 and see what ever comes of the Warthog or see what other special editions Ford comes up with. Heritage Edition? Partnering with something like King Ranch or Eddie Bauer? Other?

So color me cancelled! ;D

My dealer did contact timely and tell me I was in the first 10 allocations. He did refund my $100 when I cancelled.
I've got mine ready to order, I don't have a problem waiting for it to arrive. However none of the color choices really hit me. I'm tempted to hold off to see if they do the Abyss Gray maybe. I really would like one in that color. One would think if I was ordering what I wanted I'd be allowed to pick my own color.
94ee444c7cbd7a4ac118996e441b9b10.jpg

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru

that seems silly. The cost of 1000 in a low interest bearing savings account amounts to peanuts. Why is that a deal breaker?

tbruz

Contributor
that seems silly. The cost of 1000 in a low interest bearing savings account amounts to peanuts. Why is that a deal breaker?

Exactly; 1K at 1% or 2% interest amounts to $10-$20 bucks lost ; certainly not a deal breaker for me.
Best of luck to all in their ordering/commit process with their selected dealerships.
Tbruz

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wish the savings accounts were paying 1-2 percent! If you want it liquid you wouldn't even get a quarter percent. Either way, your point is exactly the same as mine. I could care less about them holding that amount. I placed my order today and they said I was number 84 for them. I don't know where that puts me in the overall system. I did my reservation on day 1 as many people did. They have no clue as to what delivery times look like though.

House

Minutia Militia
Got an E-mail from Ford Corp,,.... Order accepted, Order #81**

Your order number was on your email from Ford?

He gave me copies of the dealer installed options list he has so far.

Were you able to order any of those? My dealer said that the Ford Order Bank does not have the Accessories window active yet, so no accessories can be ordered, just the factory build options...???

navi

Exactly; 1K at 1% or 2% interest amounts to $10-$20 bucks lost ; certainly not a deal breaker for me.
Best of luck to all in their ordering/commit process with their selected dealerships.
Tbruz

So if they deliver a vehicle you aren't happy with, you get the $1020 back right away?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Guys your missing the point. If they want a deposit or have an order fee they are playing games to get in your pocket, they may be honest and just trying to increase your commitment level but from some one that has special ordered a lot of vehicles they are not they are just playing games to get ahold of more of your dollars. If it’s on the up and up great but be diligent and watch closely.

tbruz

Contributor
I'm saying I don't give a flying F$%# about the <$10 in interest I could have made on the $1000 being in my bank account or as a REFUNDABLE deposit on the vehicle I've ordered.

It does help them to sort out the committed buyers from the dreamers though.....
Tbruz

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
your point taken, and I do get the point about interest

and true does help sort them out but financially a very low risk for the first wave of a highly sought after vehicle. I've dealt with dealers that put that in place to encourage to buy off the lot instead of ordering, but have found I didn't do business with them because they had higher pricing and used all kinds of methods to pressure a sale.