• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI starting issues when warm. Help please...

Fiberbronc75

Loc.
Vestaburg, MI
I just am getting my Bronco on the road. This is the first EFI I have ever installed. Everything has gone pretty smooth thanks to endless hours of reading here, over at Ford Truck Enthusiasts, and the Ford Fuel Injection website. The only real issue I seem to have so far is after the engine is up to operating temperature and I shut it off, it is difficult to start again unless I let it cool down for an hour or so. When its cold it fires right up. It rolls fine and the timing is set at 10 degrees with the spout unplugged. It really acts like it isn't getting fuel or at least thats what I think. Then when it does start it doesnt miss a beat. The block and heads are out of 1970 Bronco and the EFI is a bunch of parts I have got here and there. I have 24lb injectors and my MAF sensor is calibrated for them. The check engine light is not on and the engine runs well other than the starting issue.

I am not sure what to do to diagnose my starting issue and would appreciate any suggestions. I am sure I left out some valuable information so just let me know what I forgot. Thanks!

BroncoinAlaska

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Had this issue as well. My solution was a passenger side exhaust leak that was blowing directly on the starter. Run your codes KOEO then KOER. That should let you known if it is electrical or sensor related.