• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Evap Control System

hmgoy

Loc.
CHANDLER, AZ
CAN SOMEONE POST A PIC OR A DRWING OF THE EVAP CONTROL VALVE THAT IS LOCTED ON THE PASSENGERS FRAME RAIL ABOUT MIDWAY. IT HAS THREE NIPPLES ON IT ONE LINE FROM EACH TANK GOES TO IT AND ONE GOES TO THE EVAP CANISTER. I DONT KNOW WHICH GOES TO WHICH. THE PIC I HAVE SHOWS THE TWO LINES FORM THE TANK GOINT INTO A T THEN IT GOES TO THE VALVE (THAT IS ONE NIPPLE) THEN THERE IS A LINE THAT GOES TO THE EVAP CANISTER (TWO NIPPLE) I DONT KNOW WHAT THE THIRD IS FOR???

Eoth

Bronco Guru
ok... Book says under the inspection of the Evaporative Emissions System:

"Inspect the lines leading to the charcoal carbon canister from the fuel tank. They should be in good shape without cracks or wear..."

Then it goes on to talk about checking all the clamps and the fact that the canister is not serviceable

Finally: "Check all the lines leading from the carbon canister to the air cleaner. In some cases there will be two lines, one leading from the carburetor fuel bowl to vent it, and one line leading from the carbon canister to the air cleaner for burning of the accumulated vapors."

So with that being said, I would say that your mystery nipple goes to the air cleaner... Sorry no pics showing it in the book

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Ok... After rereading your posting it looks like I didn't answer your question... Sorry... my trusty book does not seem to cover your question...

utahmike

Loc.
Spanish Fork
i am working on this one myself. i have the factory manuals i will try to post an answer for you on sunday, what i cant find in the manuals is on the canister itself which nipple goes to the air cleaner and then where does the other go? can i cap it? and it's not servicable? wix makes a replacement filter for it, not a new canister a filter i just ordered it today fror 3 bucks from checker, i work there so i know the info was input right. send pics of your canisters set up right.