• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First Ever Florida Bronco Bash

OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
chris i hope to see you there with your fj, even know its not a bronco you are one of us. we have a few jeeps going ,the guys from work also some new bronco showing up its going to be alot of fun see you there

Flacrusher

Glad to hear I'm not banned from the group. The new locker and steering dampers are going in now. Hopefully it will be ready to go. How much watewr got dropped out there due to Fay? Enough so Alien gets stuck on the road in? Sorrry, couldn't help myself:eek:

OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Hay you florida guys want to bring parts or need bronco parts make a list and maybe one of the guys will bring the parts you need.Also you show broncos like BAX would love to see you out there you can ride with some of us so you dont get your broncos dirty the weekend of the 18th oct we have a good camp sight info on southeast earlybroncos or call me if you need anything chris williams 407 957 7034 if this goes good it will be every year on this date lets make it the biggest bronco event in florida.if you have friend in florida with broncos let them know i see alot of broncos local and thay are not on the web so let them know thank you

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
My wife and I will be driving through on the way to the Keys...where will this be? I havent been able to make a show or gathering since I have had it on the road...

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I've got a narrowed HP D44 axle. If any one is interested I can bring it. Can't recall if I have the shaft for it or not but if I do it will need to be resplined.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
well it looks like it'd be about 40 gallons of gas there and back, assuming 13mpg in the bronco. Or, we can take the wife's car and get there and back on one tank of gas. Heck, I'd be keen just to hang out and meet the florida crowd. What are the plans for camping, cooking, etc.? Is it mostly muddin or are there some good trail rides as well? I've got my 31x10.50 mix match A/Ts and figure on getting stuck without much trouble...If we bring the bronco, I've got a windshield frame in good shape, a good dash, nearly immaculate door, brand new 5.5" superlift kit, stock auto column, 2 vent windows, 1970 351w heads.

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
hey guys, I've been out there the last two weekends and I would say "Fay" dropped alot of water. However most of that should be back to normal by October. I have talked with ohpoo and I think I have a nice trail ride for a NIGHT run if anyone is interested, its not too far from the camp site and should run for about two hours, without any problems.

I'm gonna keep going out there here and there to check on the landscape before the Bash to try and keep everyone posted. Looks like a fun trip.
Make sure you guys (and girls) bring bug spray!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
How is the main road in? Is it a giant mud hole with wash board connecting the holes. like 4 miles of mud run just getting to the gate.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
The road going in has been repaired with asphalt millings so it stay's pretty stabilized now. I spent the weekend there and the road stayed in very good shape all the way to the gate. Inside the gate there is still a couple of mudholes when it rains but it's nothing to worry about. There is alot of water there for sure now, but should certainly dry up quit a bit before October.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
hey ya all, i thinking about being there fo Sure! 'cept last time it took me 2 weeks to clean all the mud off. anyone got an extra seat who i can ride with? i'll bring the cervaja/tequilla/poison. har har.

jim02

Loc.
Denver area
im sorry that i will not be making it since i moved to CO. i had a great time out there with everyone and if i happen to be visiting and i see a mud run, i will make a point to make it out there. anyone that has not been out there and has thought about it, you need to go this time. its great fun to be out with all the other broncos and this can make a big showing for us FL boys. check out the pics to see the past fun. http://www.se-earlybroncos.com/
if you have a mud free bronco, you can make a showing without getting sloppy. I hope you get a good showing and be sure to post the pics.

OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
warhead just bring the wife she can have the baby on the trail like thay did in the old days. just jokeing good luck on the baby i wish i had more just one son its the best feeling in the world to be a dad.

Flacrusher

I know it's still early but has anybody figured an agenda for that Saturday? I'm gettin the FJ40 tomorrow back from the shop. Found out I had non-matching gears and traded out the 373 in the rear to 410's to match the front. And uhhhhh, of course a locker. Can't wait to try it out . I feel like a kid in the candy store. I think I talked the bro into bringin' the yellow submarine. Although I heard a rumor he may have turned to the dark side and might be getting a heep!:cry: Oh well, I guess coming from a Chevota guy. I shouldn't talk;D

OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Chris We Are Going To Set Up Camp Sat Morning And It Looks Like We Will Be Makeing Two Or Three Different Rides Also A Night Ride We Will Have More Info On Southeast Early Broncos It Looks Like Alot Of People Are Going. Just Bring Your Own Food And Tent And Drinks Same Camp Sight With Shower And Bath Room. Also Talk To My Bro John See If He Will Go,also There Is A Grill On Sight Going To Be A Big Weekend

Flacrusher

Yank

I'll be coming up for just Saturday and leave Saturday late afternoon. Sounds like it should be a nice turnout. I'm lookin' forward to it. Maybe we'll get lucky and it won't be 90 degrees.

SeaninSt.Cloud

One step closer....

Yank, thanks for the help with my trailer wiring today. I finished it up and she is ready to go. Now, get 2 new rims and weld my bumper back on.....