• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech EFI pre-order info

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I was waiting on their new higher horsepower TBI setup that would support more HP that they said was going to be out last June... larger injector nozzles in the annular ring... after calling on replacement ECU costs I was done with aftermarket ECU's...

Last edited:

bteutsch

To answer the question about the command center, it was explained to me by Ken at FITECH, they had identified the issue while testing their system in a road race car. They have already changed the design to correct the problem. I was the only customer to have an issue with it so far. It would be covered under warranty if a problem came up. It was only related to the command center check valve, which can be disabled on the trail with a paper clip if for some reason you had an earlier unit. I would not hesitate to order another FITECH product.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'm looking forward to swapping to this from my Mustang EFI setup due to tuning for a radical engine and for spraying nitrous. My current MSD Pro Billet distributor will not work - what options do I have for a 2 wire distributor for a 351w?

Great feedback guys - really looking forward to this.

tony-runner

As far as the timing control. I'm planning on using it, but haven't gotten to that yet. I just upgraded to Duraspark and I'm just using the vacuum advance for now.

I am very interested in knowing how the FiTech ignition control works with Ford's Duraspark. I am not a Bronco owner but have a Mustang with a 351C.
From what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong, the FiTech EFI Ignition Control would work with a Duraspark distributor. That third wire coming out of it is just a ground, which makes it a two-wire distributor. Right?
If so, now the question is, does the Duraspark module work with the ignition control and is it worth it? The FiTech instructions show a diagram to work with CDI ignition where a points style trigger wire is connected. This is great for the MSD CDI box that works with either 1-wire points trigger or 2-wire magnetic trigger. However, the Duraspark module seems to need a 2-wire magnetic trigger instead.
I assume the FiTech ignition only controls timing advance but not dwell like the Duraspark. Also, I don't know if the FiTech produces as much coil power as the Duraspark. As you can see, these are my big unknowns at the moment.
Actually, I am planing on using a Duraspark I module instead of a II. I guess that if the FiTech ignition control works with the II it should work with the I, but first I would like to know if it is worth it.
Thank you for all your help.

Last edited:

bteutsch

I am running Duraspark, but I'm not using the FITECH ignition control yet.

Are you happy with the timing control Russell?

bteutsch

I recently set mine up to control timing. I have a 6AL box though I'm using along with it. Seems kind of flat now but I stil have to tweak some things. You will neeed to get an adjustable rotor to dial the dizzy in phase.

Sorry Russell, I knew someone had done it, just got the username confused. Maybe m_m70 could give an update.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
OK I'll go. I picked up an MSD 8582 dizzy and locked out the mechanical advance. This distributor has no vacuum advance so I didn't have to mess with that. Used the adjustable rotor for the adapt a cap for phasing. Followed Fitechs instructions and have my timing set at 18* at idle. I still have the 6al box hooked up as well. I must say that it fires much faster with the timing control and new distributor.
The timing does bounce around a touch at idle. It will hold steady at 18* and jump to 20 for a split second. Emailed Bryce and he said that's to be expected. He said the timing should match the handheald and hold steady at around 1200 RPMs which mine does.
I haven' put many miles on it since the t-case has been popping out of gear a lot lately and in the middle of pulling it apart now. Always something right?
Hoping to get some miles on it as soon as I get my t-case working properly and my BC top arrives. Been 8 weeks since I ordered the top. Last time I called it was at the powder coater. 2.5 weeks ago so hoping to hear back soon.
The Fitech support has been great and very happy with the product. I will post more results as I get more miles on it. No real issues yet.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Glad I came across this thread, I have been hearing about it and plan on using it on my 351W soon. What happened with the mass buy?

bteutsch

Looks like FITECH has something new this year. Adding more options at different prices lowest option now is called street EFI for engines up to 400hp does not include timing control. Price is $795.00

http://youtu.be/dB1ZkZvzk78

Last edited:

drock

For $795 it would only be the throttle body kit. The YouTube link has lots of great FiTech info.

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
I am crunching numbers pretty hard in my brain, and I'm thinking the 600 is my best bet along with a new 23 gal tank from WH.

No idea what shipping is on either but I'm thinking along with a SS hose kit from summit I would be all in for around 1800.00.

The 600 would allow me to upgrade to a full roller explorer motor w/ a good cam punched up a bit (was gonna shoot for 400hp) I don't think I would want to get the lesser TB if I'm going to reach the upper limits of its capabilities via building the motor too much!

Thoughts?

L.R.

68stang73

I'm in same boat. I have a roller 351w motor and going to be reworking it. Who knows the HP levels until its done and not sure the new smaller tb will be enough. I wonder if they can just upgrade the injectors a tad.