• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech EFI pre-order info

Knuck

I have pretty much decided on the 400hp system. I have factory dual tanks. The plan is to use the stock main tank with an external high pressure pump. Then turn the factory saddle tank into a storage tank with Transfer pump to pump the fuel to the main tank when needed. Was considering using an F250 fuel selector switch, but in the end, just decided to keep it simple.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I'm running the fast ez-efi right now. My 408 has a slightly oversized cam with narrow lobe separation and a performer RPM air gap intake. I've been thinking of switching to a milder cam with more lobe separation. It sounds like a single plane intake might help things out as well. i wonder how much better mine would run with this system on it. $995 for the fitech or probably the same to do a cam swap and new intake.

tony-runner

I'm running the fast ez-efi right now. My 408 has a slightly oversized cam with narrow lobe separation and a performer RPM air gap intake. I've been thinking of switching to a milder cam with more lobe separation. It sounds like a single plane intake might help things out as well. i wonder how much better mine would run with this system on it. $995 for the fitech or probably the same to do a cam swap and new intake.
What i like about efi is that you wont need to worry about retuning the carb. The efi should learn the new setup with the help of the oxygen sensor so it is always optimal. You can also tweak it with the programmer, and even modify the timing curve to fit changing needs. That said, i have read there could be problems with aggressive cams. I dont have experience on this but probably its affected by the low vacuum.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I have efi now, but it doesn't like my cam/intake combo. I'm wondering if switching to this efi would be easier/better than a cam/intake swap. If the wildhorses test rig runs good with an aggressive cam and dual plenum intake with fitech, maybe mine will as well.

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
Mavereq,

I don't know about the EZ-EFI, but I understand the Holly TB have problems with dual plane intakes because they just squirt on the wall separating the planes. I have a dual plane intake and when I was talking with the FITech support they said their TB has no problem with dual plane intakes because of their spray pattern. They also said most of their vehicles have dual plane intakes.

As to the cam I couldn't answer that for you.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I just ordered the FiTech, 30003, 400HP version from Summit.

According to FiTech, they told me the product (30003) won't be released from FiTech until the 15th of April. Delivered then to Summit and then to me. Should be here by the end of April.

While on the phone with one of the Techs from FiTech he told me the 30003 system will work on any engine, with a Square Bore Carb Mount, that is anywhere from 150-400 HP. This covers A LOT of engines and most people on here.

I will add the Fuel Command Center (40003) because the ease of install and completely Non Invasive to the existing fuel system. Works off of Mechanical fuel pump.

The $75.00 Rebate for the 30003 system ($100.00 For others) is available on the FiTech website.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Mavereq,

I don't know about the EZ-EFI, but I understand the Holly TB have problems with dual plane intakes because they just squirt on the wall separating the planes. I have a dual plane intake and when I was talking with the FITech support they said their TB has no problem with dual plane intakes because of their spray pattern. They also said most of their vehicles have dual plane intakes.

As to the cam I couldn't answer that for you.

Another problem I'm having is that my thermostat opens at too low of a temp. I need to put a different one.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Looks nice but Ive run an external pump and return since my first efi, I run it now with Fitech, And have no issues. I run the Fitach EFI 4 600hp with a Summit pump...So far so good.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Looks nice but Ive run an external pump and return since my first efi, I run it now with Fitech, And have no issues. I run the Fitach EFI 4 600hp with a Summit pump...So far so good.

Good to know - what pump?

work765

Question. Any reason you guys can think of that I would need to prime the system every time is cold? I have to let the external pump run 2-3 times before I hit the key to fire it up. If it's warm. It starts right up. And it can sit for a bit and then still fire up. But if I let it sit for about 6 hours. I have to do the whole priming thing again.

My return line feeds into my gas feeder tube. So I wasn't sure if maybe I was allowing air into the system, which in turn allowed the gas to drain out or something??

Other than that I have no idea.

I'll hook a battery tender up to it tnight to see if that does anything.

Also I keep getting a white screen initially and the tech said that was a lack of 12volts. So maybe I have a pretty bad electrical draw that I didn't notice with the carb as much. But now the slightest bit is messing up the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68stang73

You need to adjust your cold start values it sounds like. I adjusted mine by 10 and it was a huge improvement.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you sure you're still getting the proper voltage signal when the key is in the START position? The computer needs that to work properly, which is why I thought of that when you mentioned the WSOD (white screen of death) on the module.

Are you having the FiTech control timing too, or just the fuel?

And what is your drain? How fast does the battery go dead? If within a few hours, it's usually either your alternator or just a tired battery.

Good luck.

Paul