• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Free Ford Build Sheet

mcdobson

Loc.
Sacramento
Ordered mine in August 08. Called me to confirm short vin #.(they should know by now since so many have ordered.) Second call to tell me had to go to research. Six months later called to ask about vin again. Last time they called I told them to forget it.
I was trying to get mine because DMV sent me on a wild goose chase, but I resolved that without it.
Goooood luck.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Just ordered one for my 74 earlier this week.
I was bummed to find out that their records only go back to 67 so I cant get one for my 66 U13.
Are there any other resources for more info other that what the VIN plate already tells me?

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Just ordered one for my 74 earlier this week.
I was bummed to find out that their records only go back to 67 so I cant get one for my 66 U13.
Are there any other resources for more info other that what the VIN plate already tells me?[/QUOT

Should be able to get one for your 66. I got one for my old 66? Wounder why.
Sorry to hear about that...

rhino2104

Hmm... I'm going to have to call and get a build sheet for my '70 Bronco and my '68 Mustang just to verify all the parts.

wareaglebronc

Loc.
Murfreesboro, Tn.
I just ordered a Marti report for mine so hopefully that will go more in depth. I am the third owner for my '76 and from what I understand it has never been modified beyond the Dealer so it will be intresting to see what they say.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mine came in yesterday. I got no call back on my first request so called again and this time it worked! Pretty much confirmed what I knew with the exceptions of "Extra Cooling Radiator" and "70 Amp Heavy Duty Battery" which I didn't know. (But original battery is long gone!) Also it did not list the Ford trailer hitch which is original to this Bronco - must have been a dealer installed item.

Interesting exercise and well worth the phone call (or 2)! Great addition to the scrap book! :)

coyotedav

Loc.
queen creek
just recieved mine yesterday! truck remains the same.
the only suprise was radiator shutters?

* what is "radiator shutters"?

coyotedav

Loc.
queen creek
THIS IS MINE.. IT TOOK 30 DAYS TO RECIEVE.

u-15............1971 ford bronco (4x4) u-100 wagon
G ........... 8 CYLINDER, 302 CID V8 2V ENGINE
L ............MANUFACTURED AT MICHIGAN TRUCK PLANT
L02593 ...... CONSECUTIVE UNIT #

VEHICLE PRODUCED 02/05/1971

* 092" WHEELBASE
* BRIGHT MEDIUM BLUE EXTERIOR PAINT
* STANDARD CAB
* PARCHMENT INTERIOR TRIM COLOR
* BRONCO REAR SEAT
* FORD 3-SPEED MANUAL TRANS
* 3.50 LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE RATIO-2780#
* FORD FREE RUNNING FRONT HUBS
* EXTRA COLLING PACKAGE
* E78 X 15 BELTED WHITE SIDEWALL MUD/SNOW TIRES
* SPARE TIRE CARRIER
* RADIATOR SHUTTERS
* AUXILIARY TANK WITH SKID PLATES
* 1000 LBS. FRONT SPRINGS
* AUXILIARY REAR SPRINGS

OP
OP
astark

astark

Contributor
Bronco God

I don't really know but will guess something that opens and closes in front of the radiator, open when hot outside and closed when below freezing, maybe. Kind of like a high tech piece of cardboard %)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
just recieved mine yesterday! truck remains the same.
the only suprise was radiator shutters?

It sounds like a disease. "I left the Bronco out all night in the rain and now it's got the radiator shutters".

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I have been waiting for around 6 months.
I assumed they we no longer sending them out because of their financial trouble.

It sounds like I need to reorder.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have been waiting for around 6 months.
I assumed they we no longer sending them out because of their financial trouble.

It sounds like I need to reorder.

I had to order mine twice. But finally came in.

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I got mine today.

Would it show if it was a Sport or Explorer?

Funny how "Unspecified Tire Brand" was an option.

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
I don't really know but will guess something that opens and closes in front of the radiator, open when hot outside and closed when below freezing, maybe. Kind of like a high tech piece of cardboard %)

Your very close.
Shutters are on the front of the radiator. controlled by a shutterstat that is mounted in bottom of radiator to assist with engine thermostat. Most vehicles with gas engines would have been in extreme cold regions to qualify for this option. I'm guessing this might have been a vehicle for government use????

back in the day BIG trucks all had them.