• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Free Ford Build Sheet

siderbox

Bronco Guru
I called ford to get my build sheet and was told that they only go back as far as '67 (I have a '66). If I would have any info from the glovebox then they could decode the codes but, that is all. Unfortunatly I don't. All they could give me is a vin decode letter. Anyone else have this problem?

Same here.

HPaddict

Loc.
So Cal
just ordered mine today. will be getting a call back in 2 days from the Ford research department.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
This is what it looks like when you get it.

Attachments

• build sheet.jpg
    build sheet.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 107

HPaddict

Loc.
So Cal
well i just got my letter from Ford. It took about a month and a half to show up. Know i have more questions than answers.

1. what is the convenience group?

2. i have a 1000lbs front spring capacity. So does that mean that it was a heavy duty package as well?

3. i have the Sport Bronco Package. would my side moldings have been in that package?

Thanks ~m

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
well i just got my letter from Ford. It took about a month and a half to show up. Know i have more questions than answers.

1. what is the convenience group?

2. i have a 1000lbs front spring capacity. So does that mean that it was a heavy duty package as well?

3. i have the Sport Bronco Package. would my side moldings have been in that package?

Thanks ~m

The 1000 lb springs were standard. HD was 1050 lb for 6 cyl and 1100 lb for V8.

Attachments

• conv group.jpg
    conv group.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 27
  • sport pkg.jpg
    sport pkg.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 41

HPaddict

Loc.
So Cal
The 1000 lb springs were standard. HD was 1050 lb for 6 cyl and 1100 lb for V8.

now im really confused. according to my glove box, i have a 68 U152. According to the letter from Ford, they say it is a U150. So i still do know if I really have the HD package or not!!

i do have the large bearing rear end with the limited slip though.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'd trust the VIN or door ID tag over Ford's 40 year old records.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
now im really confused. according to my glove box, i have a 68 U152. According to the letter from Ford, they say it is a U150. So i still do know if I really have the HD package or not!!

i do have the large bearing rear end with the limited slip though.

I didn't think there were big bearing 9" in 68???

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Just talked to Ford research/archives yesterday and my build sheets will be on the way soon.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WHICH section do you ask for? Just tried it and don't think i had the right dept.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Called yesterday to order two, one for the 70 and one for the 74 and customer service put in my request. Today Research called me to confirm and told me that they had to send my request to the archives division and it would be 4 to 6 weeks, but I am on the list! ;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
called the other day as well, very helpfull

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I just realized it had been couple of months since I ordered my build sheet...I have not seen it yet.

Has anyone received theirs recently?