• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel line layout/pictures

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
I am in the process of a frame off on a 75. I am getting ready to install new brake lines, and fuel lines. Does anyone have photos showing where they run their lines. I am going to be running an electric fuel pump, would it be ok to use rubber fuel line from the tank to the engine? thanks for any input

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Mine came to me with rubber fuel line for the whole length, but that was a "qwik, get it going so we can go to Moab" thing and never intended to be long term or permanent.

Yes, it works. No, I would not suggest it. I'm in the middle of replacing it with nylon tube and "Push to Connect" fittings. Unless you use the "Emissions Barrier" type rubber fuel hose ($$) modern fuels are likely to cause flaps and embolisms in 'normal' rubber hose in just a few years.

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
This may help you some.This is the layout on the 67.I would go with plastic/ nylon or ss metal before rubber for the reason mentioned above.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407035022918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407035022918.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407035039400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407035039400.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 114
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407035054965.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407035054965.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 108

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
im in the process of doing the same thing on my 72. i opted to go with all stainless lines and i am running them down the top of the frame. ill ry to get some pics up when i get finished. not sure i would recommend stainless though, enormous pita!

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
fuel line routing

Another option is bc broncos fuel line clamps. They hold fuel line,brake line, and return line [if you ever go efi]. They are pretty slick. I used em on mine. I have efi so it was one stop shopping at bc broncos. used the clamps then ordered a roll of coiled material from summit and done . bc also has prebent fuel line pieces for an in line pump if you so choose. allkinds of options.

good luck.

Toddpole

Contributor
I replaced my plastic fuel line with steel brake line from the local auto parts store. A couple of 60" pcs with a union to connect them. Makes it easy to bend them and locate them where you want them. They are held in place with adel clamps.

66horse

Bronco Guru
I replaced my plastic fuel line with steel brake line from the local auto parts store. A couple of 60" pcs with a union to connect them. Makes it easy to bend them and locate them where you want them. They are held in place with adel clamps.

Ditto. And another benefit is it is cheap.