• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas Mileage?

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I get 12 city and 14-17 hiway. I have heard that Q-jets get better than that if you keep the secondaries closed.

It's a tired stock 302 with a 2-barrell, C-4 trans, 350 gears, 31" tires.

Hope you realize that nothin with a flat windshield and a flat back is aerodynamic ;D BH

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have an origional 302 1974 the worst year with 33 inch tires, 4.11 gears, locker, and at least 500 extra pounds and get 11 city 16 highway at 70 MPH with out trying Probably could get an extra 2 if i tried. I have a Quadrajet. Better than that my milage off road doubled from 5 to 10 mpg. My milage has been cross checked and verfiyed by gps also, so I know its true.