• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Guess this part game

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Hint:

The original assembly these are used in work well, but I have found that most of the aftermarket reproduction (while looking nice and correct) do not work as well.

Here is another clue. The assembly this pin is used in is usually located within 18" of this part:

Attachments

• CIMG9797.jpg
    CIMG9797.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 15

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Somebody is spending way too much time on cb.com time to get a job :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just cause you do not know what the parts is, there is no need to get personal! ;D

Actually, I did three jobs between 9 and 3 on Sunday that made more than my regular engineering gig did in a week. ;) I tried hooking you up with the south western region, but you'd rather sit on the couch! ?:?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Door handle button plunger?

Yes, that's it.

I have found that the reproduction door handles look nice, but usually seem very gritty or stiff and hard to operate compared to originals. I'm going to have to take one apart and see if I can polish and lube it a bit to make them operate more smoothly.

The knurl on the pin is not used as a spline like on a window regulator shaft, or as a increased diameter for a tight fit like in a door hinge pin. In the door handle it is used as an increased diameter simply to keep the pin from sliding out of the assembly and to allow the spring and a plate to retract it.

Now, do you also know what the formed wire part is that I used for a clue?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ya that's what helped me... And the hint about repro ones sucking. I always reuse the button and lever mech from the old handle.