• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hagerty Insurance a joke

RB70bronco

Loc.
Port Huron, Michigan
They have so many stipulations you might as well keep the vehicle in a glass case. Then the tell me a Bronco isn't normally the type of vehicle they insure an I would have to have it appraised and they said their really isn't a growing market for it. So now I need to see if my normal insurance will give me some coverage

remi1566

Insurance...

I have no problems with AAA been with them for years ...there a little pricey but I've had the same agent forever...Hagggerty you pay for the entire year no matter what...AAA I can put storage on it when not in use like my mustang is for the winter...I hear All state is good for bronco's as well...you might want to give them a shout..

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Mine is through State Farm. Great luck and if I insure it under classic car coverage its cheap if you dont drive it much.

Henry

Amac70

ME
I have haggerty and like it. If its not a daily driver what they offer is good and cheap. Didn't need an apraisal on the one of mine they have insured just pictures of it and the garage it resides in. have mine insured for 20k. plus on top of that there is all kinds of benifits if you break down, your tow vehicle breaks down stuff like that. Like i said if its not a daily driver i think they are great.

another note on cost i have the one bronco insured through hagerty. 280 a year full coverage bla bla bla. my other one is insured through gieco. non full coverage and is 260 every six months.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All mine are through Allstate.. I tell my agent what I want it insured for and he says "OK..thats what its insured for and here's what that costs". No restrictions..no questions.

Same goes for my vintage Harley. I told him what I want it insured for..and that's what its insured for.

ElkhartBronco

Loc.
Cedar Bluff
Have mine insured through all-state as well. Great policy and awesome price. no restrictions to speak of.
unless of course it's my 17yr old step son. he thinks no-one under 35 can drive it ;D

soms007

x2 on amac70's statements . i have haggerty also no issues at all with policy.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I have haggerty and like it. If its not a daily driver what they offer is good and cheap. Didn't need an apraisal on the one of mine they have insured just pictures of it and the garage it resides in. have mine insured for 20k. plus on top of that there is all kinds of benifits if you break down, your tow vehicle breaks down stuff like that. Like i said if its not a daily driver i think they are great.

another note on cost i have the one bronco insured through hagerty. 280 a year full coverage bla bla bla. my other one is insured through gieco. non full coverage and is 260 every six months.

But with Haggerty you can't let the bronco out of your sight.

Ask the agent if the Bronco gets stolen while you're at work --> Not covered. And it has to be garaged. If it gets stolen or burned down in the garage, guess what, thats homeowners insurance.

So what actually does Haggerty insure??

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I have 2 of my 3 broncos insured with haggerty. (3rd is still a pile of parts) Did not have to have an appraisal, just sent them pictures.

The restrictions for the amount of the premium seems reasonable.

I actually tried allstate which is my regular car insurance and they didn't offer a policy for what I wanted. It must vary from state to state.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I actually tried allstate which is my regular car insurance and they didn't offer a policy for what I wanted. It must vary from state to state.

I would not be surprised to find it does. My Allstate agent called me on the phone a couple years ago (been with him since '85) and said "hey..ya wanna save some money? Allstate has a new "antique vehicle' status thing they came out with and yr going to be my guinea pig to learn how to write some of that action"

It's been fantastic.

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
tried Hagerty as well as the other collector car ins. companies and there is a fine line for a "modified" vehicle. Wouldn't be worth the risk if I had a claim to get denied because I had a lift etc... No doubt those with stock type rigs used for shows and occasional events would be happy with the collector car ins.

ended up going thru my main ins., USAA, for appraised value and have been very happy

Amac70

ME
But with Haggerty you can't let the bronco out of your sight.

Ask the agent if the Bronco gets stolen while you're at work --> Not covered. And it has to be garaged. If it gets stolen or burned down in the garage, guess what, thats homeowners insurance.

So what actually does Haggerty insure??

The hagerty agent i spoke said it would be fine if i drove it work once a month. again not a daily driver. And yes its garaged. to each his own im happy with it.

Amac70

ME
tried Hagerty as well as the other collector car ins. companies and there is a fine line for a "modified" vehicle. Wouldn't be worth the risk if I had a claim to get denied because I had a lift etc... No doubt those with stock type rigs used for shows and occasional events would be happy with the collector car ins.

ended up going thru my main ins., USAA, for appraised value and have been very happy

moddified vehicle fine line. I don't get that one, what custom hot rod or collector car is not modified suspension and other wise. They asked me specifically what custom parts where on the truck and what not. Now the farmers and my hartford polices niether would touch a lifted vehicle.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR

how in the hell did you get your bronco insured for it's value thru USAA???? every time i call those A-holes try to get my to drop my full coverage on mine because it's not worth anything. last time they did i gave them an earfull and told them "tell me that again and i'm finding a different company".

kayakersteve

Loc.
Western NY State
I also have USAA ans they sub it out for actual value. If I use them directly, it would be a sucky policy, but with their USAA sub company, it's reasonable - Cant remember the name off hand

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would not be surprised to find it does. My Allstate agent called me on the phone a couple years ago (been with him since '85) and said "hey..ya wanna save some money? Allstate has a new "antique vehicle' status thing they came out with and yr going to be my guinea pig to learn how to write some of that action"

It's been fantastic.

I am with Allstate also and just told them I wanted it insured for $20,000 they set it up for that. I think I pay about $48 a month.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Mine is with Allstate as well, but it is covered like my other vehicles on the same policy. I may need to check into stated value.