• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insurance Hagerty

Baja71

Bronco Guru
$136.00 every 6 months, full coverage Allstate, added onto my policy. No photos, no questions asked.
I asked how they pay for loss and my agent said they use fair market value of similar vehicles. I also keep a binder for all my receipts and have plenty of pictures and documentation for the "just in case."

That's an awesome price for Allstate. I have my DDs with Allstate and when I pulled the 911 and EB off, they were about $300/ea every 6 mos. No accidents, no tickets.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't see it that way. It is cheap because the risk is low. Classic cars are largely driven as Sunday drivers and for owners that make love to their cars on their driveway with Griot's Garage supplies. Classic car insurance is tailored to those people. Classic car owners screamed for years for having to pay the same for a vehicle they drove a dozen times a year and babied as they did for their daily driver. This insurance fills that need. It's not for mudders, krawlers, safari dudes, or even for hardcore campers. You need mainstream insurance for that.

Oh , I agree with you completely , but 76 was complaining that he ought to be able to drive as much as he damn well pleases , which is NOT what the Hagerty type insurance is for. That was my point. That is why they are cheap , they don't insure cars that are daily drivers , or anywhere near that for that matter.
He needs to call State Farm or Allstate ....good companys , great rates , etc.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thinks its crazy how insurance companies tell you that you cant drive more than 2,000 miles a year. I see it as its my truck ill drive it when, where, and however I want. Just my feeling on it

?:? then just pay more.... Anyone can tell them they drive it 20k miles a year but then the premium would increase 10x or more.