• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hagerty Insurance -- Cheap & Easy!

barronj

Bronco Guru
When I bought my bronco summer of 2009, I just added it to my allstate policy for the price I paid for it. After resto-mod, the value has gone up, but I didn't make any changes, just kept forgetting to do it.

On Saturday, I went to Hagerty's web site, filled out their online form, submitted details about my bronco, pictures, etc... Monday, they call me & after asking questions, they send me an ID card!

Declared value of $18,000 was over $100 cheaper per year than Allstate, plus I bumped the free tow from 10 miles to 50 miles, only a $25/year increase in price.

$31/mo! That's cheap! It was easy too!

*I didn't specify a lift, but they called me on it & asked if I off-roaded it. I told them I did not, which was an honest answer.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Ya but can it be your only vehicle? And can you drive it year round? Can you park it outside? Can you drive 12,000 miles a year? If you answer "NO" to any of the questions then Hagerty ant gona insure me!

CMTBronco

Loc.
Clinton, New Jersey
Ya but can it be your only vehicle? And can you drive it year round? Can you park it outside? Can you drive 12,000 miles a year? If you answer "NO" to any of the questions then Hagerty ant gona insure me!

BKNBronco-
Not sure if it can be your only vehicle, but It can be outside, it can be driven over 12,000 miles a year (you have to tell them and they charge you more), and it can be driven year round. The complexity is you need to detail everything out for them. I have a primary vehicle other then my bronco so that part wasn’t as much of a concern for me. I’ve recently added a second bronco under stated value with Haggerty for less then I was paying a year for just one.

Craig

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
i have 20k covg thru state farm and its 28 a month inc tow and medpay hag would not cover me either due to the driving issue

OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru
They didn't ask me what the current mileage was on the vehicle. I don't know where they would get a calculation base for mileage issues, should it ever arise.

I told them pretty much the truth about everything. I thought it was a phenomenal deal; I offered up a recent "at fault" incident, describing how I'd slid in to a parked car & damaged their bumper with my tire (anyone who doesn't know how bronco will change lanes when you apply the brakes is a lucky man). The State Farm quote has me a bit jealous, not too much though.

I have antique plates, so all the "when & how much do you drive" line of questioning was rehearsed response. Yes sir, no sir, just on a road test/driving to a club meet/driving to the show.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
I've had other cars insured with Hagerty for years, and when I bought my Bronco in 2005 I added it to the policy.

They just wanted photos, and told me that I can't go off road* and can't pull a trailer. And of course, when I got my initial policy with them for my other classics, I had to show them a policy for my daily driver car to prove that I owned such a thing.

In many years of renewal, I've never been asked for an odometer reading on any of the vehicles, and they essentially advertise as having "no mileage limits" so I don't think that's really an issue. They also added that roadside protection policy for some ridiculously low price (it's literally $5 per car or something), which is nice piece of mind for flatbed tow if you're out somewhere and have a breakdown.

*The off-roading thing has been interpereted on these very forums, by Hagerty customers who've asked them, as "no wheeling or rock crawling". I think driving on a dirt road or trail may be okay, as long as there's little risk of damage.

Essentially, I use my Bronco as a classic car is used. Car shows on weekends, some tooling around, an occasional short road trip, and once in a while to my secure parking lot at work on a nice sunny Friday. Heck, I've only put 7,000 miles on it in the not quite six years I've owned it.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Yup this haggerty wont work for me. Id pull a trailer and it ant ever gona have classic plates. I have a bronco to drive it and off road it not park it in my living room and show it off. Do they cover it if i drive it out on the lake ice fishing? Im gona guess no! You guys that put 7000 miles on in 6 years just piss me off with your hagerty this and hagerty that. My cousin got screwed by hagerty when his cutlass was stolen out of his garage and crashed 4 blocks from his house. He paid out of his own pocket to have most of the car and all of the motor fixed and then immediatly changed his insurance provider.

KempEl

i can insure you bronco!! i am an agent!
865-226-1201
888-878-8111*1058
i pay in the 20s for mine

70 sport WA

Contributor
This thread has been hijacked a bit (more than Hagerty info) , so I'll join in :)

I've got American Modern on three Ford trucks (75 F250, 79 F350, and 70 Bronco). I pay $215 a year. I've got mileage limits on the first two (1,000 miles) and 3,000 on the Bronco. I've driven the Bronco 2,000 this year and have three months left. Agreed values are $9,000, $2000, and $15,000, respectively. I have a 93 Civic as "daily" driver. Policy allows me to drive the classics around as much as I want up to the mileage limits and "once or twice" to work each week, which isn't a problem.

Had to change the mileage limit on the Bronco this year from 1,000 miles to 3,000 miles since I was over a couple hundred....and the extra charge was a whopping $15. I can tow, carry loads in the beds, etc. Just have to have them garaged, which I do.

I think Hagerty and Grundy have changed their policies in recent years to allow for more mileage, more activities, etc. which are good things and people should shop around. They didn't when I was looking.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
i have 20k covg thru state farm and its 28 a month inc tow and medpay hag would not cover me either due to the driving issue

That's odd, I have been a State Farm customer for 30 years and have 8 vehicles and my house insured with them and they quoted me more than twice that.

KempEl

That's odd, I have been a State Farm customer for 30 years and have 8 vehicles and my house insured with them and they quoted me more than twice that.

it could be where you live that makes the rate higher. and the amount of coverage you have. also you are a home owner. how big is your house and have you had anyclaims?. rhetorical question.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
It matters big time what part of the country you live in. You also need to state your comp/liability/uninsured/pip limits when you claim what you pay.

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
It matters big time what part of the country you live in. You also need to state your comp/liability/uninsured/pip limits when you claim what you pay.

50k liab ins and um with 0 ded i also have 3 trucks a motorcycle house and 2 life ins policys with them i also work for another ins company and can tell you that where you live plays a huge factor in how much you pay regardless of who you use

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I tried to get insurance from Hagerty and they shot me down due to the fact that I did not have a second car at the time and could not get it in the garage went with farmers covered up to $25,000 with towing cost me more but I know they will fix it even if I am out wheeling asked the rep. don't know if thats because he is my brother in-law though.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
And if you didnt get a official appraisial with lots of pictures then your declared value policy might not hold up when it comes time to make a claim. A stated amount policy without lots of pictures and reciepts and a big packet from a appraisor isnt gona pay out!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
it could be where you live that makes the rate higher. and the amount of coverage you have. also you are a home owner. how big is your house and have you had anyclaims?. rhetorical question.

It must be my location (north Florida) because I have never had a single claim in almost 30 years as a customer.